Where to find a sugar friendship?

whistersniff

I know this concept is hard for some of us to understand or accept initially.  I keep an open mind. To each their own.  We only live once.  If 2 people have a beneficial agreement why would it bother you so much?   Perhaps try to understand where your prejudice was born?  Good or bad I dont think my wife would accept this and i am not one to lie or sneak, but also I no need. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dave0206 said:

I suppose it would be too much to guess that I was writing tongue in cheek style ???? I have to guess English is not your first language?

If so check a dictionary look up humour ???? 

My sense of humour differs from yours, don't get up yourself about it.

seeking.com if you have the dough. Covers Thailand. That's geared up to Westerners obviously so a local gik/uni student you will need a sideline site or consider Tinder perhaps.  

Edited by MarkyM3

On 10/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, whistersniff said:

I expect to get blasted for this question, but will ask anyway.  I'm a westerner living in Thailand with my family and will be here for at least another 4-5 years.  In a nutshell, I'm looking for a Thai girlfriend.  My spouse and I have that kind of marriage (don't ask, don't tell) but we do not let the kids know at all.  I'm realistic about my situation and what I can and cannot offer a lady on the side, so I am willing to go the sugar route.  However, I'm not interested in bar ladies or prostitutes. There's risk in every situation, but it's far too high with those ladies. And, I'm looking for something  more than transactional. I'd like to at least have a relationship with the lady, understanding that we will have our own lives and she may have someone else on the side as well.  Ideally, we enjoy our time with each other and both benefit.  I'm looking for companionship and she might be looking for assistance (i.e., the sugar). 

I don't expect to find, nor would I want to waste the prime years of a sweet lady who wants to settle with a family.  However, again, not looking for a bar fly either.  Does anyone have suggestions where and how to find this kind of relationship?  I speak proficient Thai so language barrier is not a problem. I expect the hate to flow at me, but am looking for some objective advice for someone in my situation.  Thanks.

If you've lived here any length of time and speak Thai you'd know that these girls are called Side Line Girls. 

Go to the Thai Side Line Groups and forums.  They are all in Thai but you can use Google Translate.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Theory said:

It is "easy" to have ladies if you are a handsome farang who can speak Thai. 
There are lots of available ladies (not bar ladies nor pros), the only barrier is the language. I see that language is my only problem????????????

The barrier is where to meet them. 

Or are you the sort of person who would walk up to someone in a shop or on the street and try talking to someone you don't know? 

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My sense of humour differs from yours, don't get up yourself about it.

Does it include denigrating your GF? Does she think it funny that you tell people she believes the sun shines out your butt? Or is that your own private joke at her expense? 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:40 PM, whistersniff said:

I look late 30s and fit.

If you are paying, [as a sugar daddy would] they really don't care that much how old you look... or if you are fit... 

If you are a window washer, how much does it matter if your client has a good head of hair or is good looking - or would you rather work for someone who pays you very well and makes a wonderful lunch for you when you visit? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:01 PM, whistersniff said:

A uni lady would be good, but I'm double her age. We wouldn't have anything in common. And, that'd be hard to find I imagine.  Don't want to be the older guy trawling through uni bars trying to talk to young women.

Let's be honest about this, very few of us, if any, who are married to Thais are going to have a lot in common. In every long term relationship I had back in the UK, we always had a lot in common, ie the music we liked, the football team we supported, the concerts and clubs that we went to etc. In every relationship I had, being a professional musician meant that she came with me regularly to gigs.

Here in Thailand, I do not have anything like these with my Thai wife and we have been together now for over 16 years, still happily married, and I am a lot happier now even though we don't have all these things in common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:14 PM, stoner said:

ummmmmm

should i explain it to him.......na forget it. 

One of my wife's best friends was a bargirl who she knew before she met me, and she was a university/college graduate and mixed well with my farang friends who most of them were ex bargirls, and I would say there was about a 50/50 success rate in their marriages.

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

One of my wife's best friends was a bargirl who she knew before she met me, and she was a university/college graduate and mixed well with my farang friends who most of them were ex bargirls, and I would say there was about a 50/50 success rate in their marriages.

and ?

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

and what?

rather than one finding a way to sugar coat something why not just head straight at it like you pointed out. 

that's not the case here. hence my comment. 

a sugar daddy is just a polite strange modern way of saying your dating a prostitute. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

If you've lived here any length of time and speak Thai you'd know that these girls are called Side Line Girls. 

Go to the Thai Side Line Groups and forums.  They are all in Thai but you can use Google Translate.

I'm aware of sideline groups, but wonder if those girls really aren't just prostitutes under a different label. I understand the idea of a side line girl, but if she's working for an agency and cycling through 3-5 clients at a time, then she's not far off from a prostitute who wants to meet for one hour and have sex for money and that's it. 

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

a sugar daddy is just a polite strange modern way of saying your dating a prostitute. 

In true sugar relationships, there's a degree of exclusivity. She's not sleeping around and managing multiple partners and flipping dicks on a nightly basis like a prostitute.  Authentic sugar relationships usually last for years and there's a high degree of feelings, if not love, involved. Usually the woman has another focus in life (career, hobbies, whatever) and the guy is in a relationship or too busy to commit to one, and it works for them both.  Sure, <deleted> usually hits the fan at some point because someone develops feelings, but the lady isn't a prostitute in the sense that she's selling her ass to multiple men on a frequent basis.  She's giving up her body for a financial renumeration, but I'd argue many "sweet" Thai ladies who find their western man as a way out of Thailand are doing the same. It's a trade-off of lifestyle for companionship - she's willing to fill his needs, and he's willing to take on her as a financial obligation in life.  Go to my home country and you see plenty of Thai women who are attractive with men who are easily below them in looks, but the situation works for them. And ten times out of ten they met in Thailand (or Vietnam), he's older, less attractive, but she takes care of him and he provides for her.  

So yes many of these women in Thailand sell sex for money and that's just prostitution. However, there are different arrangements out there for women who don't want a commitment, but like the money/lifestyle and don't want to have sex with ten guys a night or week to get it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whistersniff said:

However, there are different arrangements out there for women who don't want a commitment, but like the money/lifestyle and don't want to have sex with ten guys a night or week to get it.

yes that's called being an exclusive prostitute. 

For the record, I've never paid or sponsored anyone here in Thailand.

But that said, I remember in my early days here meeting and knowing several really lovely university students who were basically open to being sponsored as part of a single relationship.

The notion was... live together or live apart, the guy would support their studies and other needs with some monthly amount, and they'd be like a ongoing GF or wife for whatever period of time ensued.

I would not have considered those young women prostitutes, even though there obviously would have been a financial element to the relationship.... just as there often is with regular marriages here....

• Love It 1