60 day visa "document indicating current residency"

1 hour ago, dwaynehoover said:

I have moved to Colorado from Georgia so my passport address is not my current residency. Driver's license was just made.

My US passport does not have my US address on it?  My passport was issued 7 years ago so maybe things have changed? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Moved to appropriate forum.

They are not interested in your exact  address. Just what country. Passport will suffice if you live in the country you are a national of.

Correct, if you live in another country it would be evidence of the right to live there. However the local embassy can exercise discretion and London certainly has accepted documents indicating a physical address.

The question is in 2 sentences and the word "current" in the second sentence refers to "consular jurisdiction and residency" in the first.

"Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to
upload document that can verify his/her current residency."

The Hong Kong website has notes on application completion and they refer to it as "legal residence".

"Confirmation of legal residence, in the context of the Hong Kong SAR, generally refers to (a) Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card (“A” HKID); (b) Hong Kong Identity Card indicating right to land (“R” HKID) or unconditional stay permit (“U” HKID); or (c) valid stay permit issued by Hong Kong Immigration (for “C” HKID holders).

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Correct, if you live in another country it would be evidence of the right to live there. However the local embassy can exercise discretion and London certainly has accepted documents indicating a physical address.

The question is in 2 sentences and the word "current" in the second sentence refers to "consular jurisdiction and residency" in the first.

"Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to
upload document that can verify his/her current residency."

The Hong Kong website has notes on application completion and they refer to it as "legal residence".

"Confirmation of legal residence, in the context of the Hong Kong SAR, generally refers to (a) Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card (“A” HKID); (b) Hong Kong Identity Card indicating right to land (“R” HKID) or unconditional stay permit (“U” HKID); or (c) valid stay permit issued by Hong Kong Immigration (for “C” HKID holders).

I believe the intent of the second question is to prove that those without citizenship are eligible to apply for a visa at that embassy/consulate (the same as when previously making applications in person). If currently having residence in the country was a requirement for making an application, the question about citizenship would be superfluous. There is a requirement that you be physically in the country at the time of your application, but that is a separate matter.

• Like 1

This question pops up all the time for all countries. When I first did it I uploaded my passport but I've since found out that any official document that confirms your address in your home country will do. A driving licence, bank statement, inland revenue document etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

. A driving licence, bank statement, inland revenue document etc

That is correct however the OP would have prepared the photo page of his pp as part of his application

Just upload same for this.

It's not about residency.

It's about having citizenship or having permanent residency status in country where someone is applying.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BritTim said:

I believe the intent of the second question is to prove that those without citizenship are eligible to apply for a visa at that embassy/consulate

The second question is a photo and prefilled.

As I said the issue is Question 12 and there to establish the applicant has the appropriate long term permission to reside in the jurisdiction where application is being made.

The confusion arises from the question comprising of 2 sentences, the first being "why" and the second "how".