Odd behavior at a theater.

Felton Jarvis

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

That chip on your shoulder weighs heavily.

The act of standing has no other significance than a mark of respect - which if you did understand Thai culture would realise that it has no place for envy or bitterness towards the elite. That is a western concept introduced by jealous, anti-establishment people. 

Why TH will always be 3rd world.  Respect is earned, not a birthright, not because you are older, or your perceived higher status, or lighter skin/job.

Definitely not because of you bank account balance.  EARNED.

#9 ... yes, to the ignorant.  #10  ... not so much

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I think you will find that Rama1X earned the wealth of respect from the Thai nation.

Tell that to the people who don't have chanotes for the land they work, or electric & water at their house.   Yet the royals / 'they' have a net worth of ... which can't even be discussed.  Lèse-majesté laws ... really.   Makes some folks hard to respect.

Your ignorance weighs heavy on you, though does explain a lot.

enlighten yourself

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Tell that to the people who don't have chanotes for the land they work, or electric & water at their house.   Yet the royals / 'they' have a net worth of ... which can't even be discussed.  Lèse-majesté laws ... really.   Makes some folks hard to respect.

Your ignorance weighs heavy on you, though does explain a lot.

Now you are just trolling...... you know how much love the Thais had for Rama1X.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

How was the movie, I didn't catch it.

Just OK as a time killer ... download the torrent, as not worth the 100  baht.  Much better than MI4, though not saying much.   '57 Seconds' was s different take on a plot, done too many times already.  Again, torrent, as yet to see anything of late worth 100 baht ... 😂

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If the local custom has changed to don't stand, then that's respecting the local customs. 

So, if you were somewhere that that broke out in a rally supporting hamas, you would join the crowd? 

I think not.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

True.....but similar change of attitude to the indoctrination they have/are enduring.

Yes, the US is so much better now that half the people do not stand for the anthem, kids don't know the pledge of allegiance or the words to the national anthem. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who do you think you're fooling?

40 acres and a mule indeed. 

You were talking about black people 100 percent. Stop the gaslighting. 

Keep up with the times much? I know the history but I'm betting that most of these millennial protesters do not, whatever color they may be. Just like the idiots claiming they demand repatriation when they were born in the same country they're protesting in.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, the US is so much better now that half the people do not stand for the anthem, kids don't know the pledge of allegiance or the words to the national anthem. 

Tricky getting the balance right I guess.....nationalism-jingoism-indoctrination

I remember my father being furious at the quote "My country (America) right or wrong".....Carl Schurz

• Thanks 1

WIth the National Anthem at 8am and 6 pm Lumpini Park even runners freeze in their track... which if they've been doing some heavy workout can't be good without proper cooldown.

People on the road near school or government place that might have heard the anthem, less so

Out in the province this would depends though, I wouldn't want to be be caught out being the only guy not standing