Cabinet Approves Visa Extension for Russian Tourists

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

It just goes to show the intelligence of the new government,

Agreed

And huge budget given to TAT which they were also awarded some prize for "best tourist campaign" - can't make that up.

Cut reliance on tourism by half or more. It's wearing on the nation and people. Just a few big dogs and thousands employed at pittances. Just read in this dire economy a shortage of tourism workers. Been like this forever.

Thailand is so behind the curve scientifically and technologically that the only thing that it will have left after the next 5 to 10 years is tourism

What Thailand needs is to bring in Singapore and Hong Kong Universities, create a master plan to rebuild education. Send an army of teachers here. Privatize every school - remove it from government reach. Current privates as well. Create magnet schools.

Let 1000 flowers bloom

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jelli said:

What Thailand needs is to bring in Singapore and Hong Kong Universities, create a master plan to rebuild education. Send an army of teachers here. Privatize every school - remove it from government reach. Current privates as well. Create magnet schools.

They want to keep the peasants dumb, not educated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jelli said:

You obviously have an internet connection. I will admit it's not easy to find honest news.

The Ukraine has lost something like 500k men. They literally are out of conscript

They have no money

They have no weapons

The nation exits entirely on handouts

They will never be a part of NATO.

Absolutely tragic the military industrial complex keeps this thing going and it has all you armchair generals to thank for it.

So you can't answer my question, how surprising..................:coffee1:

• Haha 2

Just now, transam said:

So you can't answer my question, how surprising..................:coffee1:

I did.

It cannot win. Therefore, it has lost. The only thing it can cling to is US military and financial backing. It has lost that.

Ukraine has also lost the good will of it's neighbors.

This war was started by Washington and its lapdogs in NATO. The OLD rules based order

You can believe it or not I really don't care.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

Presently the following nationalities are allowed 90 Visa Exempt Entry into Thailand:

1. Aregentina

2. Brazil

3. Chile

4. Republic of Korea

5. Peru

Now we can also add your favorite comrade to the list. 

6. Russia.

Spasibo

I have known Koreans have had the 90 Visa Exempt for years but now Russian’s have the same privilege?  

15 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Good luck to them.

I'm glad they got it.

No need to get upset about other people's visa situation.

Yes no need for envy.

Not a bad idea as and opportunity for Thailand to extract their money, given the limited destinations available to them.

Must be like a high risk sport for Russian tourists getting to Thailand and back given the maintenance condition of their airline fleet (and is Thailand holding any leased aircraft, which are defaulted, for the owner,  should one arrive  here?).

Though a relatively minor amount, the ruble is only getting 0.37 baht and will likely soon be 3 rubles to 1 Baht. Any purchase of foreign currency should be a small help to the current trend ????.

Good plan Thailand.

• Sad 1

bcs they have 90 days VOA same some other nations , bcs they have bilateral agreements , so thais can stay in russia too for 90days on VOA.

i think its good

but i sad that I  or other euopeans only get 30 days  ( 45 days was just good) , but europe do not have bilateral agreemnts with europe ,other than malay and singapore

This is yet another move to the wrong direction (after China and Kazakhstan)! It will definitely attract more low quality "tourists" from those countries to Thailand.

In fact, those people are not tourists. They will steal jobs from Thai people and get involved in various kinds of criminal activity.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, waders123 said:

I hope they increase the police force and prepare for when the Russians start filtering in with this new 90-day visa.  These folks are not the best-behaved group of denizens.  

I follow Thailand forums on Tripadvisor sometimes - they're doing a bang up job on deleting posts from tourists complaining about aggressive, racist, and awful behaviour from Russians. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jiggo said:

90 days, 

I thought it was money 60 days more money have another 30 days, then go home.

At first I thought it was to be a 30 day exempt and allowed 2 x30 day extensions..... more recent reading it looks to be a 90 day permission on a Visa Exempt entry. Not sure if extensions on top to be permitted. It could be excused as a 'reciprocal' agreement as I believe Thais get 90 day visa free entry to Russia. Anyhow, I thought there were complaints coming out of Phuket that it was already overcrowded and the mix was too heavily Russian, becoming dominant and deterring other nationalities.  

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Jelli said:

The Ukraine has lost something like 500k men. They literally are out of conscript

They have no money

They have no weapons

The nation exits entirely on handouts

They will never be a part of NATO.

And the westerners have lost their manhood 40 years ago.

Edited by Ben Zioner

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It could be excused as a 'reciprocal' agreement as I believe Thais get 90 day visa free entry to Russia.

How many Thais are lined up to go to Russia? Russia could offer them a lifetime visa and I bet there wouldn't be hardly any Thai takers at all. The US and European countries don't offer a similar 90 day visa because Thais are straining at the leash to get into those countries. When I go to the US Embassy, I usually see long lines of Thais stretching down the street waiting for the visa appointment. Does that happen at the Russian or Chinese or North Korean embassies? Why don't the Thai billionaires with second and third and fourth homes in the West buy houses and sports teams in Russia, instead of the West? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2023 at 7:19 PM, Bobthegimp said:

Say what you will, but Russians spend a hell of a lot of money in Thai owned establishments.  Wander into any place with Russian writing on the menu and the prices will make your eyes water. 

I was in Phuket for a month earlier this year and some of the Russian women had me stopping my motorbike to get a longer look at them.  Tall, with beautiful bodies and clear skin, very few had tattoos. 

Surprised that you made it to Thailand...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I thought there were complaints coming out of Phuket that it was already overcrowded and the mix was too heavily Russian, becoming dominant and deterring other nationalities.  

No complaints from TAT.

Still, it is good news for those of us  who use the Jomtien Immigration offices.

12 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

No complaints from TAT.

Still, it is good news for those of us  who use the Jomtien Immigration offices.

I suppose so, fewer of them. Have to make space for a rush of Indians though. 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 6:41 AM, jacko45k said:

At first I thought it was to be a 30 day exempt and allowed 2 x30 day extensions..... more recent reading it looks to be a 90 day permission on a Visa Exempt entry. Not sure if extensions on top to be permitted. It could be excused as a 'reciprocal' agreement as I believe Thais get 90 day visa free entry to Russia. Anyhow, I thought there were complaints coming out of Phuket that it was already overcrowded and the mix was too heavily Russian, becoming dominant and deterring other nationalities.  

Yes I would not want to spend my hard earned holiday cash surrounded by Russians 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1