Total Paradigm Shift: After These Days, Humanity Never The Same

GammaGlobulin

Been a hermit my whole life almost.  

I don't seem to play well with others.  Tend to be a bit more moral (in my mind anyway ????) along with pointing out their hypocrisy, and usually doesn't go over well.

Been told too many times, I probably shouldn't think out loud, even though I'm correct.  Oh well ... 

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

What happened in recent days that hasn't been happening all along human history, at much larger scale at times?

The difference is that the those who have been oppressed have, in such a short time, forgotten about oppression. 

The difference is that those who should MOST feel empathy for the oppressed... Still feel zero empathy. 

The difference is that my longheld sympathies have changed, in a heartbeat, during recent days. 

And, my beliefs have been shattered, just because my beliefs were not based on anything other than misguided faith. 

The true nature of humanity has been laid bare, these recent days. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The true nature of humanity has been laid bare, these recent days.

na. not all of us are like that. some have lived good lives and done our best not to hurt others. 

it comes down to lack of education and outdated beliefs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Don't claim to save the world. No one can.

Save your world, by being civil and nice. Not sayin here to be nice to nice and friendly people,  because that is obviously easy and comes automatically. 

Be civil, keep cool or just ignore and walk away,  from the jerks and cheats who are the toxic that poison your world and daily existence. Life will be far better when one is nice to others. Nice and civil does not mean stupid or guilable. It means just to be polite.

Very basic thought here, but it seems to be long lost by many.

Lots of jerks though.

• Like 1

Always smile when I see Kubrick's famous Moonwatcher's realisation scene.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" was nominated for an Oscar for costume due to the apes. However the Oscar went to the Charlton Heston" Planet of the Apes" instead, as most of the voters thought they were real apes, not actors in costume.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The 'true nature of humanity' has always been there. Today is no different; it only seems different because the media keeps it in your face.

Since Oldavai Gorge it's always been 'my gene pool is better than your gene pool'. We're driven by our biology, or for the religious out there, we're 'made in god's image', and it's the Old Testament god, who is as evil and vindictive as the worst of us.

At any point in history, save for all-too brief periods of peace, or at minimum slaughter that occurred away from cameras, humans have been slaughtering other humans for not being 'one of us'.

From slavery to the Sea Peoples to Alexander to the Visigoths to the Vandals to the Vikings to Genghis Khan to Tamerlane to the 'colonization' of the Americas to Napoleon to Australia to Colonialism and Imperialism to the Inquisitions to the Armenian Genocide to WWI to Stalin to WWII to the Holocaust to the Cultural Revolution to Kampuchea to Vietnam to Lebanon to Yugoslavia to Rwanda to Iraq to Ukraine to Gaza-Israel...this is what humans do and have always done.

We're animals who behave like animals, with pack leaders fighting for authority or pack vs pack or clan vs clan. We all have the potential for violence, either when threatened, or when our gene pool is threatened, or even when we feel slighted or disrespected.

You feel saddened because you were reminded of what we have always been.....and always will be.

You think you take the high road because you have been able to control yourself, but only because you've avoided the horrors or slights that would bring out the real 'humanity' in you.

Even Gandhi approved of violence during the worst of Partition.

You are mostly correct,... except, I do not feel saddened. 

I do not feel saddened. 

I feel disgusted. 

I feel utter disgust. 

And, I once felt outrage... But, never again. 

You might enjoy reading the book, Tombstone... Now available in both Chinese and English... 

As for me, no more outrage... Only disgust... 

• Love It 1

You've seen images on a screen and read propaganda.  Congratulations on being weak and easily manipulated. The world will continue as it always has, with tribes going to war and plenty of collateral damage.  Lay off the carbs, get some fresh air and step away from the computer/TV and the melancholy will soon pass. 

Noam Chomsky, author of "Manufacturing Consent" advocated for rounding up unvaccinated people and putting them in concentration camps.  Kind of like his kindred have done to another tribe for the last few decades.  Chickens returning to roost.  That sort of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What can be worse than Humanity???

Anybody's god is worse.

It almost makes you want to be a believer in deity superstitions, because it can make you feel better about humanity in a relative sense..

We're bad, but not as bad as a god.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

You've seen images on a screen and read propaganda.  Congratulations on being weak and easily manipulated. The world will continue as it always has, with tribes going to war and plenty of collateral damage.  Lay off the carbs, get some fresh air and step away from the computer/TV and the melancholy will soon pass. 

Noam Chomsky, author of "Manufacturing Consent" advocated for rounding up unvaccinated people and putting them in concentration camps.  Kind of like his kindred have done to another tribe for the last few decades.  Chickens returning to roost.  That sort of thing. 

Concerning your beliefs about what Noam believes, or has said... 

Are you nuts? 

Rounding up the unvacinated? 

You might have mentioned Noam's wish to round up the uncircumcised... 

Which is a good idea... Because, after all, who likes the looks of penises with foreskin, anyway?

Noam is too often misquoted. 

However, I think most women prefer a penis with a visible head, like mine... 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Yes humanity isn't very nice when the veneer of civilisation is scraped away is it? I no longer care, I don't get excited about a few hundred thousand getting killed in a stupid conflict caused by a duplicitous state wanting to put one over on another state, or a few hundred killed in an endless war where land theft and money is the root of all evil. Everything it seems is an excuse for barbarism and evil, and there is no good or evil side as our western propanda continually tries to fool us with some sort of warped Manichean view of life which is always "we are good, they are evil". What's wrong is that most people are evil, and many have a lust for power, and sadly always the most evil become our leaders, and tell us lies all the time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The OP has already shown his true colors to me - three times.

Red 

White 

Blue 

I don't think so. 

You are just still sore about my BENCHWORK joke. 

But, actually, I meant no ill will. 

Hope you are feeling better...! 

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Will you become a hermit, as I intend to become, from this day hence, as a result of what we have recently witnessed?

Will this be with or without your intellectual bit of Japanese fluff you were going to look for ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Will this be with or without your intellectual bit of Japanese fluff you were going to look for ?

I think you meant fluffery.

Yes.  Japan is still in the cards for me.

These days, due to recent events, ....

The very best place to live in hermitness is Japan, I would think.

The Japanese respect hermitude, for sure...

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Concerning your beliefs about what Noam believes, or has said... 

Are you nuts? 

Rounding up the unvacinated? 

You might have mentioned Noam's wish to round up the uncircumcised... 

Which is a good idea... Because, after all, who likes the looks of penises with foreskin, anyway?

Noam is too often misquoted. 

However, I think most women prefer a penis with a visible head, like mine... 

Too much information!