Have you ever had trouble in Pattaya?

georgegeorgia

Oh absolutely!

How about this ? Do you think farang in Pattaya hate other farangs, I say this because I actually witnessed a car speed up to blast their horn at a old farang slowly plodding walking across a road in soi bukhao

When that car parked ,near the I Rovers bar in Pattaya I observed 2 youngish tattooed farangs, I would say Australians , exit the vehicle laughing , would they have done that to a Thai guy? 

There is a level of bitterness among farang ,a hatred towards each other 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, moogradod said:

No. Never anywhere in the world - even not in the slums of Manila.

But they stole 2 times money from me. In both cases it was my fault. But this was more than 20 years ago - and even the standard procedures that I have learned now: In Bangkok at the notorious spot at Asoke while back from Cowboy to my hotel ("the ladyboy embrace attack") and once on a market in Pattaya (wallet in the side pocket of the pants).

Typical newbie mistakes at the time. But now I know how they do it. Wont happen again. I reported the Ladyboy embrace even at a policestation and the friendly officer in charge wrote a lengthy report (about one full DIN A4 in handwriting) which I translated. My househod insurance which included theft outside of the house did pay back the full amount.

This were other times.

So I was not the only one then Moo ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

OP with yet another meaningless hypothetical thread question in Pattaya forum. 

What's next, have you ever:

- passed out in a bar?

- woke up with girl you don't remember?

- had your junk felt up by a ladyboy?

- been hit by car crossing the road?

- etc, etc

I do not think thats a hypothetical one and the topic better than many other really meaningless and stupid topics that I remember reading here.

And I find it quite interesting - especially because it is NOT hypothetical.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Walking street apparently in my guess would be the area where assaults would occur most but even then it's caused by drunken farangs 

Look let's face it ,most if not all these "altercations" between farang and Thai people are caused by the farang not showing respect and swallowing their pride 

I had a few Thai guys earlier this year push in front of me at 711 , they just walked Infront of me , I immediately apologised to them and let them in ,it's not worth getting into trouble over it ,I had to wait a few more minutes in line but so what ,it's their country, 

Even Wai them 🙏if you have to ,it's called swallowing your pride 

No one Thai or otherwise will cut in front of me in any queue or they will know all about it. If you are too scared to stick up for yourself against anyone you may as well join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No one Thai or otherwise will cut in front of me in any queue or they will know all about it. If you are too scared to stick up for yourself against anyone you may as well join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

It depends....as I get old I now tend to pick my "fights" in what is important in life 

Is it really worth being right getting into a argument etc over that ?

If there are by psychologists here could they explain if that is right 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

It depends....as I get old I now tend to pick my "fights" in what is important in life 

Is it really worth being right getting into a argument etc over that ?

If there are by psychologists here could they explain if that is right 

I wonder if you could explain that last sentence.

44 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

"I got kicked in the head by a foreigner a few years ago, while I was sitting down drinking ice tea. I thought he came over to say hi, but he kicked me in my head similar to a free kick in soccer.

Where were you when this happened? Exact location?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Define "trouble"?  I once barfined the beautiful ex-girlfriend of a well-known bar owner, who then turned up at my hotel, caused a scene by banging on the door and shouting at 5am and refusing to leave until she came out.   Continued for a few weeks before she went back to him, and all was amicably resolved.  So, not really trouble. 

• Haha 1

No never in Pattaya not in Thailand ever in 15 years here.

I do have a close friend though who has been attacked by a ladyboy and pickpocketed.

But having said that I've never seen anybody jumping off a high building either.....and that seems to be all the rage these days.

Edited by retarius

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Define "trouble"?  I once barfined the beautiful ex-girlfriend of a well-known bar owner, who then turned up at my hotel, caused a scene by banging on the door and shouting at 5am and refusing to leave until she came out.   Continued for a few weeks before she went back to him, and all was amicably resolved.  So, not really trouble. 

But that was your own doing wasn't it

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Walking street apparently in my guess would be the area where assaults would occur most but even then it's caused by drunken farangs 

Look let's face it ,most if not all these "altercations" between farang and Thai people are caused by the farang not showing respect and swallowing their pride 

I had a few Thai guys earlier this year push in front of me at 711 , they just walked Infront of me , I immediately apologised to them and let them in ,it's not worth getting into trouble over it ,I had to wait a few more minutes in line but so what ,it's their country, 

Even Wai them 🙏if you have to ,it's called swallowing your pride 

No, it's being called a jerk. 

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

The question is have you ever been physically attacked by a foreigner or Thai in Pattaya ?

Was it your fault or you never ever ever had any problems 

"Like attracts like"...it's the law of Nature...!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Copied my text from another post.

"I got kicked in the head by a foreigner a few years ago, while I was sitting down drinking ice tea. I thought he came over to say hi, but he kicked me in my head similar to a free kick in soccer. I got a measly 20k THB, while my medical exam was about 13k, and the police in the station wanted 5k just to open the case. I'm pretty sure the assailant also paid the police to let it go.

I contacted a bunch of lawyers and all of them told me let it go. One big law firm wanted 30k THB just to attend the police meeting for two hours. I will never report anything to the police again.

A month ago in Jomtien three thai guys on a Honda wave came from behind of me, and tried to get my phone. They pulled my arm, and I strained my shoulder fighting them off. It was directly below a 360 surveillance camera. I went to the police station and tried to report it, but because I didn't let them take my phone police weren't interested at all, and was even laughing at me."

I've had multiple motorbike helmets stolen, my mirrors broken, my motorbike tipped over, a fat unknown girl punch me in the balls. I never drink, am never rude to anyone and no drugs. Pattaya is full of drunks and drugged up people, anything can happen.

I don't doubt your experience but it is so different from mine and from most of the posts I read on here.

How do you explain it?

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I got threatened with being killed, for parking my car under a M/c cover in the shade, by a heavily tattooed, huge guy who looked like he took steroids. there was plenty of room for his M/C and 20 more, mind you when he told me this is for M/C only, I did tell him to fork off. he came at me again inside big C, saying I know your car I'll kill you. He runs a resort with the name PARADISE in it, your a prick MATT yes I found out your name through friends. 

Some would suggest to pay a group of thai bouncers to give the creep a crash course in good behaviour.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Arcadia Condominium, near to the swimming pool. No cameras in the outside areas either, but they could track the foreigner to which condo he stayed at. There were multiple witnesses around.

I love this place , the manager there is a young farang guy well built , lovely guy 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I got threatened with being killed, for parking my car under a M/c cover in the shade, by a heavily tattooed, huge guy who looked like he took steroids. there was plenty of room for his M/C and 20 more, mind you when he told me this is for M/C only, I did tell him to fork off. he came at me again inside big C, saying I know your car I'll kill you. He runs a resort with the name PARADISE in it, your a prick MATT yes I found out your name through friends. 

Mc?