Have you ever had trouble in Pattaya?

georgegeorgia

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

The question is have you ever been physically attacked by a foreigner or Thai in Pattaya ?

Was it your fault or you never ever ever had any problems 

If it wasn't for some of the foreigners, Pattaya would be the best place to live. 

No issues with Thai's. 

I often see foreigners in their car or on their motorbikes blasting the horn yelling abuse, being rude and childish. 

Lots of middle aged and elderly riding their bikes at speed, without helmet and shirtless. Shirtless, full of tattoos, it's a shame that they never spent some of their tattoo money on gym membership. 

I reckon if a foreigner gets attacked by a Thai he deserves it. I'd like to give the odd foreigner a belting.

Pattaya attracts the strangest people. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

If it wasn't for some of the foreigners, Pattaya would be the best place to live. 

No issues with Thai's. 

I often see foreigners in their car or on their motorbikes blasting the horn yelling abuse, being rude and childish. 

Lots of middle aged and elderly riding their bikes at speed, without helmet and shirtless. Shirtless, full of tattoos, it's a shame that they never spent some of their tattoo money on gym membership. 

I reckon if a foreigner gets attacked by a Thai he deserves it. I'd like to give the odd foreigner a belting.

Pattaya attracts the strangest people. 

Get of the booze 

8 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I feel very safe walking around Pattaya but on the roads is a different matter. One Thai guy threatened to shoot me because i beeped my bike horn at him.

Lol , strangely you say that 

Back in July I saw a farang driving a Rent a car blasting his horn all the way to Jomtien at motorbikes exiting from side streets 

At the traffic lights  he is in a slanging match with a Thai lady  driving a Mercedes Benz,shouting thru his window that he had more money than her ,crazy stuff 

19 hours ago, proton said:

Never go to the dump so will never know

You've never visited here either. Just exist in darkest Isaan wishing that you could, but the wife won't let you. So you take it out on those of us that love Pattaya. I've been here getting on 17 years and wouldn't live anywhere else in Thailand.

7 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

And of course you are ex CIA, ex Navy Seal and why not, ex SAS and GIGN ? sure..

Another stupid post, I have never even as much as threatened any Thai's with violence in the 16 years or so that I have been here.

You can make your point sometimes without even saying a word.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Copied my text from another post.

"I got kicked in the head by a foreigner a few years ago, while I was sitting down drinking ice tea. I thought he came over to say hi, but he kicked me in my head similar to a free kick in soccer. I got a measly 20k THB, while my medical exam was about 13k, and the police in the station wanted 5k just to open the case. I'm pretty sure the assailant also paid the police to let it go.

I contacted a bunch of lawyers and all of them told me let it go. One big law firm wanted 30k THB just to attend the police meeting for two hours. I will never report anything to the police again.

A month ago in Jomtien three thai guys on a Honda wave came from behind of me, and tried to get my phone. They pulled my arm, and I strained my shoulder fighting them off. It was directly below a 360 surveillance camera. I went to the police station and tried to report it, but because I didn't let them take my phone police weren't interested at all, and was even laughing at me."

I've had multiple motorbike helmets stolen, my mirrors broken, my motorbike tipped over, a fat unknown girl punch me in the balls. I never drink, am never rude to anyone and no drugs. Pattaya is full of drunks and drugged up people, anything can happen.

I have walked around Pattaya and Bangkok regularly for the last 16 years and never had a problem with anyone, maybe because I don't drink, am never out after 10 at night, and don't frequent bars.

• Sad 2

On 10/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, Will B Good said:

Very, very close one night......Charlie Hotel.....not sure it's still there.

I'd picked up a girl whose 'boyfriend' (back in the UK) happened to have a friend in the bar spying on her.....the 'boyfriend' instructed his mate to attack me......but like any sensible coward I wormed my way out of it.

And how were you to know? Assuming she didn't tell you.