Do I advise Immigration when I return to the village

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sakon Nakhon being another when you return from overseas on a re-entry permit.

Wow, not a single person I know in Sakon Nakhon has ever had to do a TM30 when returning from overseas.

In fact, I only know 1 person who has even filed a TM30 at that office.

• Like 2

What is your Immigration Office?

Have you ever filed a TM30?

Most of us think that the changes in the regulations re: TM30 filing in 2020 removed the requirement to report returning to your address of record (via a TM30), from domestic and international trips.

But the only way to be sure would be to ask at your Imm office.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm in Kalasin Changwat.

I can't remember filling in a TM30.

I know when we went for a night in Pattaya and then in the hotel in Bangkok they let Imm know, but when we stayed at our son's place in BangNaa he  never fills in a form.

Thanks for replies.

At the hotels they needed my passport as said Imm not accept my Thai ID, but taking visitors to Grand palace etc, they accepted my Thai ID...didn't have to pay Farang entrance charges.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sakon Nakhon being another when you return from overseas on a re-entry permit.

Sorry, incorrect. SN do not require if returning to home address, ie. address noted on yearly extension application form.

TM-28 is NOT "officially" required for 2+ years, BUT a few LOCAL offices require, check your LOCAL office POLICY

With a TM-30,  if you have not "moved", no "official" need to file, again check your LOCAL office POLICY - some require IF you leave Thailand.

6 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Wow, not a single person I know in Sakon Nakhon has ever had to do a TM30 when returning from overseas.

In fact, I only know 1 person who has even filed a TM30 at that office.

Well now you know 2, because I asked when I went to get my reentry permit at that same office and was told, 'yes'. So I did of course.

Mind you, that was 4 years ago. Things change as we know and nothing seem to be more fluid than the rules regarding TM30s.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carlyai said:

I don't think I have to let Imm. know, but just checking.

Do I need to let Imm. know?

You might need to – do a TM30 report – depending on the local immigration office, even that the police order says that it's not needed when on extension of stay, not even when traveling abroad on a re-entry permit.

My local immigration office – Surat Thani Province immigration –  claims a TM30 if I've been outside the province. I had to do one last week, as I otherwise could not have extension of stay approved, because I've out of the province. Some immigration offices makes their own rules.

22 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

TM28

TM30 is for the House/Property Owner to report Alien staying.

NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED (TM.30)

TM28 is for The Alien to notify change of address or a stay.

APPLICATION FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS (TM.28)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

TM30 is for the House/Property Owner to report Alien staying.

NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED (TM.30)

TM28 is for The Alien to notify change of address or a stay.

APPLICATION FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS (TM.28)

The TM28 notification is no longer required. It is basically extinct. On the other hand, while the TM30 notification is not directly supposed to be the foreigner's responsibility, in practice, Immigration force it onto you if you are not staying in a hotel, and the property owner does not do it.

20 hours ago, BritTim said:

The TM28 notification is no longer required. It is basically extinct. On the other hand, while the TM30 notification is not directly supposed to be the foreigner's responsibility, in practice, Immigration force it onto you if you are not staying in a hotel, and the property owner does not do it.

Used TM28 less than 2 weeks ago - no problemo.