Disappointment in Srettha’s Putin Phuket invitation

webfact

5 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Well, I just hope that the immigration officer at Survanabhumi airport does his job as he does with everyone who enters the Kingdom. There's an Interpol alert for the arrest of Vladimir Putin, that's the main reason that he's been avoiding traveling since the start of the war. 

Thailand will not arrest Putin,  Thailand did not ratify the rome agreement so it means they dont have to arrest him, and Thailand will not ratify the agreement because if they did the icc will want to arrest Thaskin for war crimes

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Thailand will not arrest Putin,  Thailand did not ratify the rome agreement so it means they dont have to arrest him, and Thailand will not ratify the agreement because if they did the icc will want to arrest Thaskin for war crimes

That’s was the junta government that didn’t ratify in 2012 to prevent ICC investigation of military atrocities against civilians. Not Thaksin’s government. How did you get this fact so wrong? Must be a junta acolyte. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That’s was the junta government that didn’t ratify in 2012 to prevent ICC investigation of military atrocities against civilians. Not Thaksin’s government. How did you get this fact so wrong? Must be a junta acolyte. 

Thailand Has not ratified the Rome agreement 2023 and will not because if so the icc will go after Thaskin for war crimes Thaskin war on drugs in 2003 learn your history how did YOU get your facts so wrong !!

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Thailand signed the Rome Statute in 2000 but, under Thaksin, didn't ratify it.

Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992."

How did You get your facts so wrong

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Presumably Putin went to China to flog cheap gas and oil, and buy weapons. Plus he's in need of powerful allies. 

None of these factors apply to Thailand so I can't see him taking the risk of leaving Russia.

Unless the lure of somtam, grilled chicken and a bottle of Leo are irresistible. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Purdey said:

Tried to delete my reply but AN wouldn't allow that.

Just report your own comment and ask for it to be deleted if that happens. 

One post that did fall short of our community standards was removed.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Disgraceful he is a wanted war criminal, and should be arrested as soon as/if he lands :post-4641-1156693976:

Even making he invitation could be misconstrued...Thailand, the haven for the criminal types! Not a wise political move by the tall new guy!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The recent diplomatic rendezvous of Thailand’s Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin with Russian President Vladimir Putin and subsequent engagements in Beijing delineates a concerning trajectory for a nation that has freshly emerged from the shadows of a military junta.

If I said what I thought I might be put in jail.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, bannork said:

Presumably Putin went to China to flog cheap gas and oil, and buy weapons. Plus he's in need of powerful allies. 

None of these factors apply to Thailand so I can't see him taking the risk of leaving Russia.

Unless the lure of somtam, grilled chicken and a bottle of Leo are irresistible. 

and - golden showers and happy endings.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

This has pretty much sealed Thailands fate. Now, no western company will come into Thailand and invest. 

If that is what he was after he succeeded. There is no telling how many investment dollars this will cost Thailand. 

i agree .not a sensible  move by Thailand 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Thailand signed the Rome Statute in 2000 but, under Thaksin, didn't ratify it.

Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992."

How did You get your facts so wrong

Thailand didnt ratify the Rome Statute because of ICC Article 27 which stipulate that "official capacity as a Head of State shall in no case exempt a person from criminal responsibility under this Statute, nor shall it, in and of itself, constitute a ground for reduction of sentence". That was the major concern for countries with constitutional monarchy. Not because of Thaksin's drug war as you alleged. Get the facts right. 

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Thailand didnt ratify the Rome Statute because of ICC Article 27 which stipulate that "official capacity as a Head of State shall in no case exempt a person from criminal responsibility under this Statute, nor shall it, in and of itself, constitute a ground for reduction of sentence". That was the major concern for countries with constitutional monarchy. Not because of Thaksin's drug war as you alleged. Get the facts right. 

Did not say that read my post              did not say anything about  article 27,  it was under Thaskin gov,  put your glasses on and try to comprehend my post 

1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I doubt Putin will actually make a visit to Thailand.  He would be too worried about a coup being staged while he was gone.  

Why more afraid than now being out to China?

Formally he accepted the invitations to Thailand and Vietnam for next year.

Wait and see.

Hope they shift to Phuket.

Hell what a mess that would be in Bangkok.

Stay home holiday. Closed airport etc.etc.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Isn't their an opposition political party in Thailand that could make a comment on this? Or do they just agree with PTP? Do they ever say anything about anything important? 

Correct Why does the opposition not question this

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Isn't their an opposition political party in Thailand that could make a comment on this? Or do they just agree with PTP? Do they ever say anything about anything important? 

Long cherished Thailand politics is to safeguard national interests; famously dubbed "bamboo bending with the wind". Sensible considering Thailand's limited influence in world affairs. 

Eric Loh shows he'd sell his soul for a few tourist dollars - most of which goes to corrupt

officials here. Inviting a World Class Psycho, Putin , one who poisons his opponents and mass

murders men, women and children across the border in Ukraine, shows the shallow soul of Srettha.

He won't be doing Thailand any favors with his incompetent governing.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Eric Loh shows he'd sell his soul for a few tourist dollars - most of which goes to corrupt

officials here. Inviting a World Class Psycho, Putin , one who poisons his opponents and mass

murders men, women and children across the border in Ukraine, shows the shallow soul of Srettha.

He won't be doing Thailand any favors with his incompetent governing.

You wrong to make judgement of my personal ethics. I agree with all the things you said about Putin. If you study Thailand's foreign policies; it has always been a non-alignment position. Sretha is no difference from past Prime Minister's neutral stance. Please stick to Thailand's foreign policy and cease making personal judgement. It is very offensive.