Thai poll lists arrogance as their #1 complaint about Farangs.

charleskerins

I guess it is no secret that these 3 items are the most heard 'complaints' in any country, so that has little to do with Thailand specific.

To then get to the actual point of Thai superiority, and the failure of their development due to that, and to then appear arrogant or superior as a foreigner... They are more and more like this themself.

Well, I always try to be nice and polite but I am also at cross roads of knowing after a decade, that does not get * done here either. Just empties the bank.

Let's be real, it is not that hard to be superior to a Thai, even you would not want to be. It's just that in 2023 this is part of cancel culture to even say already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

To then get to the actual point of Thai superiority, and the failure of their development due to that, and to then appear arrogant or superior as a foreigner... They are more and more like this themself.

You should remember whose country it is.

The Chinese to a certain extent have evolved over the years with very little western influence, They have created a a social culture perfectly aceptable to themselves but rather obnoxious to many from the west. Who has the right to say what is right or wrong in another country, particularly those with a very short history.

It is the height of arrogance to go to another country and expect things to be the way you want.

• Confused 1

Just now, charleskerins said:
11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes, I could have posted the same with 500 pollsters in Pattaya, show us a link!

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I guess it is no secret that these 3 items are the most heard 'complaints' in any country, so that has little to do with Thailand specific.

Well, I always try to be nice and polite but I am also at cross roads of knowing after a decade, that does not get * done here either. Just empties the bank.

Let's be real, it is not that hard to be superior to a Thai, even you would not want to be. It's just that in 2023 this is part of cancel culture to even say already.

large beer guts are a top 3 complaint in other countries about foreigners ?  Hmmm

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

"Let's be real, it is not that hard to be superior to a Thai"     See the Thais were spot on ! 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, paddypower said:

gosh, you have a big appetite. how about reporting on the range of tastes you encountered during your research ?.

Probably full range from slightly salty to fish sauce with a touch of spice.

• Haha 1