‘Day of rage’ erupts across West Bank after Israeli forces attack refugee camp

Social Media

image.png

Tensions flared in the West Bank on Friday as angry and sometimes armed confrontations between Palestinians and Israeli forces took place across the occupied territory after a deadly raid by Israeli troops.

The Palestinian health ministry said 13 people including five children were killed on Thursday in the Nur Shams refugee camp near Tulkarem. Israeli media said Israeli troops used a drone before engaging in a prolonged gun battle with armed groups in the camp that left civilians and several militants dead.

The organisation Defence for Children International in Palestine said Israeli forces used an American-supplied Apache helicopter, which “fired a missile toward a group of Palestinian civilians, mostly children”, and prevented Palestinian ambulances from reaching the wounded.

Thousands from the camp attended funerals for those killed in the attack, including supporters of Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ), a paramilitary offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood group. Crowds of supporters of the Islamic Jihad group chanted “revenge” and waved flags, an indication of the increasing prominence of armed groups in the West Bank.

“It’s not worth blaming the fighters or giving excuses about Hamas, or Fatah, or the Islamic Jihad being responsible for our suffering – the responsibility lies with the occupation,” said Mohammed Zuhdi, a resident of Nur Shams camp, in reference to Israeli forces.

“No one wants to die, but people get angry when they see women and children getting massacred, and they protest – then [are] killed by the Israeli army,” he said.

“I’m here to stand with my people. Even if you do nothing to the Israelis they will shoot you – no one is safe these days.”

Ahmad, a 21-year-old member of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad who joined the protests, claimed that one Israeli soldier had been killed and others injured in the raid.

“The Israeli soldiers are taking their feelings out on women and children,” he said. “I don’t know how they are planning a ground war in Gaza if they can’t enter a camp in Nur Shams.”

FULL STORY

Guardian.png

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Son of Hamas leader breaks silence on decision to denounce terror group: 'They don't care' about Palestinians...

Why don't the Palestinians rebel against Hamas... because the jews are hated more than the terrorists... until they change their stance Palestinians will continue to die.

Given the choice between accepting oppression for ever, or fighting back, which would you do?

Is it better to live as a sheeple or die as a man?

I can certainly agree with you that they hate every israeli.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel have stated that they are not waging war on the Palestinian people , just warring with Hamas and they asked the people to move away from the fighting area

Yes, they have mouthed what they need to, to try and keep world opinion on their side.

But what is going on, in the front lines, show that massive civilian deaths is inevitable, as shown by them firing rockets into refugee camps where a few militants, and many more civilians are dead.

And this will continue till every militant (and possibly a million or more civilians) are dead, unless world leaders come up with a viable peace plan, and use their clout to enforce it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When all Hamas members have been killed and all the hostages released is a time when peace will prevail 

No, it won't.

First of all, there will be no 'all Hamas members are killed'. If Israel manages to dispatch even the majority of the Hamas military wing members, it would be an unexpected achievement. Israel will not be able and nor is it in its interest to kill all Hamas members regardless of role. Hamas is more than rockets and barbarian attacks on Israel. There's a whole civilian side to it as well.

I don't see how demanding the release of the hostages, and at the same time broadcasting all Hamas would be killed regardless is going to work. The only motivation remaining in such a situation is protecting the lives of Gazans, and Hamas already demonstrated its lack of interest in that.

And no, peace will not prevail. Not with so many deaths. Do you expect people to simply forgive and forget? That's hardly realistic. It could be achieved in some situation where the conflict is shorter, narrower in scope or conducted in a more 'gentlemanly' manner. That's not the case.

Edited by Morch

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

God isn't coming to save anyone. I think God gave up on humans long ago and left us to kill each other till there are no humans left.

If there ever was a god, which I doubt. He would have realised that he was not perfect and made a grave mistake in creating humans and is keeping quiet due to loss of face.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

If there ever was a god, which I doubt. He would have realised that he was not perfect and made a grave mistake in creating humans and is keeping quiet due to loss of face.  

I do believe in God, but in the cosmic sense, so to God a species killing itself to extinction is probably no big deal. After all, in the universe entire galaxies are being swallowed by black holes, so if the human race on an insignificant planet in an insignificant solar system exterminates itself it's nothing to get exercised about ( on a cosmic scale ).

Perhaps the species that comes after us will be actually intelligent, and not consider killing itself to be a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to understand how a nation with a history like theirs can then do much the same to the Palestinians.

However, I consider humanity to be a horrid species so nothing surprises me at it's excesses.

It's not 'the same'.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's just me, but I fail to understand how a nation with a history like theirs can then do much the same to the Palestinians.

However, I consider humanity to be a horrid species so nothing surprises me at it's excesses.

Do not ever complain that you get accused of being  an Anti Semite just for criticising the Israeli Government .

You have made an Anti Semitic statement .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO there will be revenge on the israelis and no israeli will be safe outside israel.

Here’s the breakdown of this wishful thinking: Antisemitism 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Days of rage indeed, and all over the world.

…and all those who agree have aligned themselves with the vision of the Nazi Party.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Godwin's law strikes again. 

Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies,[1] is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

This is a thread that involves Israel,  Nazi mentions were made way before the post you quoted . 

Every thread that involved Israel always get Nazi, Holocaust, concentration camp ,Palestinian mentions 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This is a thread that involves Israel,  Nazi mentions were made way before the post you quoted . 

Every thread that involved Israel always get Nazi, Holocaust, concentration camp ,Palestinian mentions 

If your point is that I ought to have noted these mentions in earlier posts, I haven't followed this thread from the beginning and I may have missed a few. Certainly, whether coming from the left or right or however you wish to define the issues, invocation of Nazis is over the top. On the other hand, it's bizarre that you think mention of Palestinians is somehow irrelevant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If your point is that I ought to have noted these mentions in earlier posts, I haven't followed this thread from the beginning and I may have missed a few. Certainly, whether coming from the left or right or however you wish to define the issues, invocation of Nazis is over the top. On the other hand, it's bizarre that you think mention of Palestinians is somehow irrelevant.

Everytime there's a thread about China , does Tibet get a mention ?

When there is a thread about the USA , do American Indians get a mention in the thread ?

Example: 

*Israeli man overstays his visa in Thailand*

"He should get a visa for Israel as well, because its not his Country"

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Everytime there's a thread about China , does Tibet get a mention ?

When there is a thread about the USA , do American Indians get a mention in the thread ?

Example: 

*Israeli man overstays his visa in Thailand*

"He should get a visa for Israel as well, because its not his Country"

Which is exactly the point of Godwin's Law.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Sill the first page and hasn't followed it from the beginning. Hmmm...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2