Not the time for a ceasefire in Gaza, says US, with Hamas still holding hostages

Social Media

2 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Slow Joe should just step  back and let the Chinese, Iranians, Arab league, Russia, Saudi do something.

Why? The west created the problem by supporting the zionists in the UN and taking land off the occupants and giving it to the zionists, and the Arabs did not. Russia( Soviet Union ) abstained. So if there is any blame to go around, western countries only need to look at each other.

I guess they don't want to take responsibility for the mess THEY made.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why? The west created the problem by supporting the zionists in the UN and taking land off the occupants and giving it to the zionists, and the Arabs did not. Russia( Soviet Union ) abstained. So if there is any blame to go around, western countries only need to look at each other.

Which 'occupant' would that me? The place was a patchwork of Muslim, Jew, and Christian.  Obvious good solution was to give them separate countries. Much like Pakistan and India but without the chaos (hopefully). 

The refugee problem was created when the Arab League chose to invade Israel instead of accepting the UN partition plan. Simply put, they wanted ALL the land and wanted the Jews to die.

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but apparently vast parts of the non muslim world don't care that Palestinians have been oppressed since 1948, and act all shocked when some take revenge on the people oppressing them. 

What difference is there between the French heroes of the WW2 resistance and Hamas? Both are resisting an oppressive and cruel occupier. Is it because they ain't white?

I suppose you think they should just go off and die quietly so the israelis can have it all.

taking prisoners for blood sport sacrifice

Sure, we all believe that BS, not.

Yawn.

Hamas is fighting to change one form of oppression with another. They are not about freedom. Or human rights. 

The funny thing is that if the win, you'll be whining about them from your anti-Muslim angle, immigration angle and so on.

You do not so much support the Palestinians, but rather oppose Israel.

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Soviet Union did not abstain, but voted for the partition plan.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

taking prisoners for blood sport sacrifice

Sure, we all believe that BS, not.

Trying to find something, anything, to whinge about. Please excuse, Its an 'expression' about the jihad killers. No blood sacrifices in that exact meaning. Relax. 

However, a few specifics, likely much more will come out in the months ahead. Targeting and killing civilians, children and infants killed by the sword. Lastly a number of the concert goers were raped, then killed or vice versa. Those from the corpses found, no one knows about the hostages. So it is basic jihady stuff ok. BTW There is already a 43 minute doc film that has this stuff on it. ALthough yes Israel definitely does not want to show these things, still it is out and coming out. Like we did not know. 

Sadly TBL I find myself indifferent to the Palestinians at present. You think I should feel some sort of guilt, eh, like I caused it or something? Perhaps a touch uncomfortable when a thermobaric bomb blows up a dump truck in Gaza? I’ll work on that, but, lots of problems right now. Teams offense has fallen apart. Turnovers, lack of production in the red zone. It goes on. I’m going to be busy with that for at least the rest of the month. Please keep track of the Gaza crisis for me. 

Cheers

Edited by Dcheech

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

Sadly TBL I find myself indifferent to the Palestinians at present. You think I should feel some sort of guilt, eh, like I caused it or something?

No not at all, given that's how I feel about Ukraine, so I can certainly accept that. What I can't accept are the posts wanting to exterminate the lot of them, and that sort of post gets an automatic ignore from me.

Please keep track of the Gaza crisis for me. 

I don't think I need to. Seems to have settled into a routine for now. israel drops lots of bombs and kills loads of Gazans, cue scenes on tv of bereft parents with dead babies, and many talking heads saying how horrible it is and how "something must be done". Of course nothing will "be done" till it gets really dire, like bombing a hospital and killing 5 thousand Gazans sheltering in it, or something like that.

If I was a cynic before, I would certainly have become one by now.

I'll get back to you when they start bombing the West Bank as well.

There is already a 43 minute doc film that has this stuff on it.

You do know that just because it's on film it isn't necessarily true, don't you? I'm not saying it didn't happen, because I understand that humans are capable of the most extreme brutality, but I wasn't there to know if it was true or not.

However, is there a difference from burying a child under the rubble of its home to die slowly and painfully, from thousands of feet up in the sky as opposed to killing it in person? If there is I don't know what it is.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You do know that just because it's on film it isn't necessarily true, don't you? I'm not saying it didn't happen, because I understand that humans are capable of the most extreme brutality, but I wasn't there to know if it was true or not.

However, is there a difference from burying a child under the rubble of its home to die slowly and painfully, from thousands of feet up in the sky as opposed to killing it in person? If there is I don't know what it is.

Yet you seem to trust anything shown on AJ, Hamas statements included.

That you try to cast doubt over what Hamas did on 7/10, despite the mountains of evidence - that pretty much brands you as a Hamas apologist, if not supporter.

Yes, there is a difference. Yes, you know it.

You're quite transparent, @thaibeachlovers

• Love It 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you being serious? You mean the footage directly from Hamas themselves, the confessions from captured Hamas, the testimony from survivors, the physical evidence. Do you realize just how disrespectful you are being to those that suffered at the hands of the terrorists there that day and the loved ones they left behind. Disgusting!

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There a very clear difference, its called intend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not supported, but unwillingly being part of it. 

it is really a very simple proposition and the evidence is clear.

The US provides foreign aid to many countries, they use such aid to influence some of the policies of such countries.

Do X or we will withhold aid. 

Israel is by far the largest recipient of foreign aid every year.  One would think that they get it because they are the poorest and most in need. 

But if a n administration  was in explicit opposition of Israeli policies. why have the vever made such aid contingent to adjustment in policy? 

I will tell you why, because no administration will survive such move. The might want to, but if they want to stay in the game and do some of the other things they want to do., they must do this.

look at the map , does any reasonable person think that the Palestinian map could support an independents country? 

Sorry about the pupos no time to proofread, heading for Immigration to get a re-entry stamp for my christmas trip

When asked: "It is curious that President Biden (apparently) supports the extermination of the Palestinian people, why do you suppose that is?"

Your response was:  "It is not only Biden, every president has provided tacid <sic> support.", it that correct? 

Now you seem to be waffling. You can't have it both ways. You can't imply Israel is committing genocide, and then turn around and claim President Biden is not supporting the extermination of the Palestinian people when he is supporting Israel.

To be clear, I do not believe for a moment that President Biden supports exterminating the Palestinian people. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you being serious? You mean the footage directly from Hamas themselves, the confessions from captured Hamas, the testimony from survivors, the physical evidence. Do you realize just how disrespectful you are being to those that suffered at the hands of the terrorists there that day and the loved ones they left behind. Disgusting!

There a very clear difference, its called intend. 

I is hard to wrap your head around, but these monsters do not see any difference between the atrocities committed by hamas and a civilian being killed when a rocket launch-site or terrorist strong hold is bombed. 

They are morally defective. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When asked: "It is curious that President Biden (apparently) supports the extermination of the Palestinian people, why do you suppose that is?"

Your response was:  "It is not only Biden, every president has provided tacid <sic> support.", it that correct? 

The operative word is "Tacit"  sorry for the typo when I typed D instead of T. 

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Now you seem to be waffling. You can't have it both ways. You can't imply Israel is committing genocide, and then turn around and claim President Biden is not supporting the extermination of the Palestinian people when he is supporting Israel.

Not at all.

Presidents might not like it but  if they want to stay in the game they must play ball. 

Aid to israel was never withheld regardless what' 

Carter tried a good faith effort for a resolution and was a one term president. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

The operative word is "Tacit"  sorry for the typo when I typed D instead of T. 

Not at all.

Presidents might not like it but  if they want to stay in the game they must play ball. 

Aid to israel was never withheld regardless what' 

Carter tried a good faith effort for a resolution and was a one term president. 

You still seem to claiming that President Biden supports the extermination of the Palestinian people, but that he doesn't like it, correct?

I assumed you meant tacit. 

Tacit.png.76571e890f9ba069b099176903297afa.png

How much longer can western leaders continue to turn a blind eye to the outrageous massacres being carried out so blatantly by israel?

Shame on them.

So many web sites showing what is going on that they can not claim to be unaware of how bad it is.

At least 50 Palestinians have been killed after Israeli missiles and artillery hit the Al Buraq school. There were a number of internally displaced Palestinians who were sheltering there. Local journalists say the health system is so overwhelmed in northenr Gaza and so many ambulances have come under attack and there are not enough left to transport the victims of the attack. And bodies are simply piling up on the streets.

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I is hard to wrap your head around, but these monsters do not see any difference between the atrocities committed by hamas and a civilian being killed when a rocket launch-site or terrorist strong hold is bombed. 

They are morally defective. 

Moral defects?   Seems they do not understand basic cause and effect. Simple, if then, equations are not understood.

IF you jump the border for jihadi bloodsport (and what fun!) THEN Israelis are going to dump thousands of bombs, plus bring in tanks, to kick the excrement out of Gaza.

Perhaps cultural differences in the headpounder world explain this defect. I would not know, nor would I care.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How much longer can western leaders continue to turn a blind eye to the outrageous massacres being carried out so blatantly by israel?

Shame on them.

So many web sites showing what is going on that they can not claim to be unaware of how bad it is.

At least 50 Palestinians have been killed after Israeli missiles and artillery hit the Al Buraq school. There were a number of internally displaced Palestinians who were sheltering there. Local journalists say the health system is so overwhelmed in northenr Gaza and so many ambulances have come under attack and there are not enough left to transport the victims of the attack. And bodies are simply piling up on the streets.

Was the Al Buraq "school" not shown to actaually be a hamas base? The Palestinians killed were likely most all hamas. 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Shame on them.

Hamas could stop it today.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1