Michael Cohen says he inflated assets to ‘whatever number Trump told us to’

Social Media

Do banks typically just take the word of the borrower as to how much their assets are worth?

Why is the state not going after the bank that colluded with Trump to loan him the money illegally?

How much did Trump have to bribe the loan officer?  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do banks typically just take the word of the borrower as to how much their assets are worth?

Why is the state not going after the bank that colluded with Trump to loan him the money illegally?

Deutsche Bank certainly paid a pretty price for dealing with Trump, but do you have any evidence that in this current Trump fraud case the bank ‘colluded’?

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/08/what-went-wrong-at-deutsche-bank

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nobody questions Trump's 2016 vote totals.

wrong!  Trump and the MAGAites all question the vote totals...according Trump  close office folks, he questioned the totals even before the election was over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Ther isn't anything about colluding - Trump over valued all his assets when applying for the loans and yes they were repaid BUT, by over inflating the assets that is fraud - then, on top of that, when it came to paying tax on those same assets, Trump and co. under valued said assets.  The law doesn't state from what I have heard about people having to lose money from the loans but the fact

that the values were not even close to being accurate!  We are talking 100's of time more valuable as Trump wanted to be high on the

Forbes magazine US richest billionaires! All this is from the trial and people under oath.  When he is not under oath he lies but when

he swears in court he claims the 5th amendment so they can't get him for lying!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Now according to you.  It is OK for the government to not go after all false statements but only those of its political opponents. 

The attorney general of New York did not ask the banks for a list of all loan applications to review if there were fraudulent asset values on loan applications or insurance contracts.  IT ASKED ONLY FOR TRUMPS. 

It was exactly as the the head of Stalins secret police said.  

You target the man inspect only his records and then find anything that you believe you can use to persecute him.  

Assuming Trumps asset values were inflated, the bank was being paid, hence it suffered no consequences.  Had the bank lost money and then approached the attorney generals office claiming damage, this would be a different case. 

However the AG did not search all records or a sampling of records.  It targeted Trump specifically.  That sir is weaponizing government against a political adversary. No different than if the IRS is used to subject a political opponent to an extensive audit, or order one of the regulartory agencies to examine only the operation of enterprises of a political opponent. 

Note the banks are FEDERALLY CHARTERED, but it is not the Federal Government bringing charges only the biased NY Attorney General who without any complaint did a gestapo like siezure of bank records and then without any damage to the financial institution or complaint by them brought charges. 

If you can't see the difference, I can only explain it to you, I can't help you with the understanding part. 

14 of the Best Quotes By Lavrentiy Beria | Quoteikon

You never show this picture when you comment the GOP committee investigation about Biden. Why that?

Oh! I understand! After years of investigation, they Haven't found any crime!  😄

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

You never show this picture when you comment the GOP committee investigation about Biden. Why that?

Oh! I understand! After years of investigation, they Haven't found any crime

I wouldn't agree. 

With Biden you have a clear picture of money flowing from the Unkraine and China to Biden family members.  You have testimony from Hunters business parters that Joe Biden knew full well of his sons business dealings and was meeting with those business associates and it was clear that influence peddling was taking place. 

You have Hunter Biden flying on Air Force 2 attending meetings following the flights with Chinese and Ukrainian officials. 

That is totally and completely different than a states attorney general singling out his tax returns, mortgages, or papers submitted to financial institutions without any cause at all. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JCauto said:

Your inability to frame logical arguments based on legal precedent and to provide believable anecdotes from your supposed experience as a Banker has led many of us to believe that you are hoarding something in great quantities, but it's not money.

Name 1 just 1 other person or company that the DOJ of New York has even investigated for filing fraudulent financial statements WITH THE BANK NOT FILING A COMPLAINT

It is true that banks can not bring fraud charges.  However they go to the regulatory agencies to file complaints.  They did not.  The attorney general SINGLED OUT Trump ignoring all others.  That is weaponizing the government agency to punish a political adversary. 

This same thing was done under Stalin.  The targets were political enemies.  If the AG of NY was truly interested in bank fraud the investigation would be wide spread and cover a significant number of cases of fraud and filing of false financial statements.  IT DID NOT.  IT SOLELY FOCUSED ON TRUMP.  

Great Purge, also called purge trials, three widely publicized show trials and a series of closed, unpublicized trials held in the Soviet Union during the late 1930s, in which many prominent Old Bolsheviks were found guilty of treason and executed or imprisoned. All the evidence presented in court was derived from preliminary examinations of the defendants and from their confessions. It was subsequently established that the accused were innocent, that the cases were fabricated by the secret police

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Really? 

The country was already divided long before the left tried to overthrow the 2016 election, which was in Obama's secong term, yes? 

The left tried to overthrow the 2016 election?  I'd love to see your sources for that ridiculous claim.  And, in anticipating your answer, Hillary Clinton stating that Russian involvement in the election de-legitimized the results doesn't count as an attempted overthrow.

• Like 2

Just now, heybruce said:

Ok, it seems you have moved from your position of "no injury, no crime" to one of Trump being uniquely picked upon. 

Trump's fraud isn't nearly as common as drunk driving or speeding.  However just because a crime is unusual doesn't mean it should go unprosecuted.  There was plenty of evidence of Trump being fast and loose with numbers and of Deutsche Bank being involved in money laundering.  Someone finally looked and found obvious fraud.

Really? You think there are more people that drive drunk than lie on loan applications? Speeding maybe. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The left tried to overthrow the 2016 election?  I'd love to see your sources for that ridiculous claim.  And, in anticipating your answer, Hillary Clinton stating that Russian involvement in the election de-legitimized the results doesn't count as an attempted overthrow.

Nothing the left does counts, we know. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Really? You think there are more people that drive drunk than lie on loan applications? Speeding maybe. 

I've never lied on a loan application.  I don't know anyone who has.

I wonder why you think it's common.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I've never lied on a loan application.  I don't know anyone who has.

I wonder why you think it's common.

Have you ever driven drunk? Is that why you think it's common? 

Have you NEVER made a late payment? If so, you lied on the application. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Ok, it seems you have moved from your position of "no injury, no crime" to one of Trump being uniquely picked upon. 

No I have not moved from my position.  I said that the banks and I repeat that did not file a complaint.  Now as to a crime, there are crimes that are typically prosecuted and those that are typically ignored. 

With Hunter Biden he committed a crime by signing the form to purchase a gun.  Those crimes are typically not prosecuted. 

With bank "fraud" unless the bank has suffered a financial loss due to misrepresentation, using James Comey words about Hillary Clinton ' NO REASONABLE PROSECUTOR WOULD BRING THE CASE" 

What you are proposing is that it is OK for the government to "target" an individual.   It is ok to break into his home as see if you find anything incriminating.  It is ok to have the IRS scrutinize not the tax returns of all citizens but to flyspeck one persons tax returns in particular.  

In this case it is without question that the NY Attorney General had no interest in Bank Fraud.  She had an agenda to find a crime to charge Trump with.  They went through his foundation, his tax returns, and lastly his bank transactions.  That sir is the very epitomy of weaponizing government.  The State of NY has unlimited funds and people resources.  

As I have repeatedly said, if this is not political targeting, Name 1 just 1 company or individual that the AG of NY has investigated for filing inflated financial statements when the bank did not incur a loss or file a complaint.  If you can't it is case closed.  This was the government weaponizing one of its departments to bludgeon a person who they hated politically.  Stalin, Hitler, did it similar. 

China state run newspaper viewing the Trump indictments said the following

image.png.0bfa6cc3864b62ba5f0fbef7e43f7179.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, candide said:

So no crime found, despite years of investigations, and every time they claimed they had a smoking gun, it failed miserably.

All that proves is that they have been clever in concealing their crime.  As said, common sense tells you that Hunter Biden wouldn't receive the time of day for his efforts if he was not influence peddling his father.  

They have already uncovered over $20 million flowing to the Biden family.  

Now you pillary Trump for perhaps overvaluing assets but I see no public outcry against Hunter Biden who filed FALSE TAX RETURNS 

image.png.7c2715cc4b0576e7285ba2696a2b17ca.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 8:58 PM, Longwood50 said:

Do you really believe if someone, anyone walked into a bank and said, hey look I have properties worth $10 billion dollars that the bank would not question the validity of them and take them the valuation at face value. 

No person with Trump's wealth walks into a bank. I believe the defense lawyers have more experts to analyze how a loan for a wealthy person like Trump is done and approved. They don't need expert opinions of a person who fled 10,000 miles, possibly to seek a bride and live like a refuge in a foreign country using "wify visa" .

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Thumbs Up 1