Where's home ?

KhunLA

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Bangkok is home.

There is no other city where I lived as long as I live here.

And on a recent trip to the country where I grew up I kind of felt like a stranger. 

Went back in 2003, for a couple months, caring for mother as she made the transition to then next dimension.  Then in 2006 for a long weekend, for legal business, and couldn't wait to leave.  Really felt like a visitor and not home at all.  Would have been 1 day, if I didn't have to stay over a Friday for the excursion fare discount 🤣 as only 'needed' to be there on Monday.   Flew in Thurs. left Tues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Texas is home to me. New Jersey was home before that. This is home now, but has never felt like home. That's why I'll be moving asap.

That was your 'quote' in OP.

I've felt more at home here, than anywhere.  When in USA, I moved around a bit, for work.  Never really in 1 house for more than 3 years there.   Every house here/TH, (2) has been longer, and not going anywhere soon from present house. 

Home is absolutely where I am living now which is Rural Buriram.

I had to stay (due to health issues) in Bangkok for almost 3 months and I couldn't wait to get back home.

Luck has it, that after the prolonged stay in BKK and I finally could go home a bigger health scare (Retina Detachment) happened which caused us to go to Bangkok again and I only was home for less then 2 weeks ☹️

Edit: Had to stay in Bangkok again for 1,5 months 😞

Edited by MJCM
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Home is absolutely where I am living now which is Rural Buriram.

I had to stay (due to health issues) in Bangkok for almost 3 months and I couldn't wait to get back home.

Luck has it, that after the prolonged stay in BKK and I finally could go home a bigger health scare (Retina Detachment) happened which caused us to go to Bangkok again and I only was home for less then 2 weeks ☹️

Edit: Had to stay in Bangkok again for 1,5 months 😞

Sorry to hear that, ol' chum....🤕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1