Where's home ?

KhunLA

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Sorry for sleeping with your gf

She only likes men who aren't a carbon copy of her ex and who accept her family, listen to her, and are attractive to her, so that leaves you out. And I was referring to the sheep they insist you are into.

Edited by fredwiggy

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

With absolutely no apologies to Paul Young.

Wherever I lay my wife, that's my home!!

It's true that she is the woman who makes you feel at home and that's why I want her to be exported to Europe 😁

57 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I was going to contribute to this thread but, like so many others, it's gone off on a tangent and down the pan thanks to the usual mob.

Thanks guys!

(Rhetorical post!)

You might have done yourself a favour.

Examine many of the recent threads and it starts to look like a data mining/profile building operation.  

Could contain:

Edited by Bobthegimp
Addition

13 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

You might have done yourself a favour.

Examine many of the recent threads and it starts to look like a data mining/profile building operation.  

Could contain:

Ironic really.

The bulk of new posts and threads by actual members living in Thailand nowadays are mostly about fake members and the content they post on this forum.

• Like 1

My home is where I was born and raised on an island in the mid pacific where my remaining family lives, though I haven’t lived there for nearly 50 years. The rest has felt somewhat nomadic, even when living in the same city on the continental US for decades. I consider living in northern Thailand de-facto home for now and probably die here, though my true home is where my first memories reside.

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Went back in 2003, for a couple months, caring for mother as she made the transition to then next dimension.  Then in 2006 for a long weekend, for legal business, and couldn't wait to leave.  Really felt like a visitor and not home at all.  Would have been 1 day, if I didn't have to stay over a Friday for the excursion fare discount 🤣 as only 'needed' to be there on Monday.   Flew in Thurs. left Tues.

While the USA is my home country, my only global residence is Thailand. Took my Thai Wife and Stepdaughter for a monthlong trip to the US SE Coast last April. We all agreed, we prefer Thailand … especially due to the costs (still paying down the $19,000.00 USD trip cost). A large reason for my retiring here was I could not afford a working middle class retirement in my own country … I do realize I am not alone in this.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

While the USA is my home country, my only global residence is Thailand. Took my Thai Wife and Stepdaughter for a monthlong trip to the US SE Coast last April. We all agreed, we prefer Thailand … especially due to the costs (still paying down the $19,000.00 USD trip cost). A large reason for my retiring here was I could not afford a working middle class retirement in my own country … I do realize I am not alone in this.

20+ yrs ago, you could find a decent house for $100k, now it's next to impossible, specially with a good school district, along with inflation and silly expensive healthcare, even if you have insurance or medicate.  

If moving & living there now, there wouldn't be much left for pocket money to enjoy life.   Those already established, should be OK, but the youngins, it's a rough start.  My nieces & nephews, and friends' children, luckily started 20 ish years ago, so all doing good and comfy life.  

Probably still the 'land of opportunity', but nothing like 20+ years ago.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

20+ yrs ago, you could find a decent house for $100k, now it's next to impossible, specially with a good school district, along with inflation and silly expensive healthcare, even if you have insurance or medicate.  

If moving & living there now, there wouldn't be much left for pocket money to enjoy life.   Those already established, should be OK, but the youngins, it's a rough start.  My nieces & nephews, and friends' children, luckily started 20 ish years ago, so all doing good and comfy life.  

Probably still the 'land of opportunity', but nothing like 20+ years ago.

I figured I did have a choice. A rusting trailer in Arizona or Florida or moving. Happy with my decision … but the cost is only long distance contact with remaining family.