Why the small font?

Bangkok Barry

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, hear, hear!   I contacted Admin about it also a few days ago but, of course, no response.   They seem to be using a grey coloured font also, not black, wish they'd correct that also.

Maybe its fashionable. Many things are fashionable but totally useless. Yes, this is a very good idea, make the letters black !!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Before they 'fixed' the font that didn't need fixing I wrote and asked why they'd got rid of the up arrow on the right. Again, AN couldn't be bothered to reply, but the arrow did re-appear a couple of days later, and in a better position. Maybe they'll revert to the previous font size.

And also, maybe, AN might have the courtesy to reply to messages sent to them. It seems they only bother writing to you now to give a warning rap over the knuckles over something you've posted.

Perhaps a cut in staff numbers to deal with queries.............🤔

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Before they 'fixed' the font that didn't need fixing I wrote and asked why they'd got rid of the up arrow on the right. Again, AN couldn't be bothered to reply, but the arrow did re-appear a couple of days later, and in a better position. Maybe they'll revert to the previous font size.

And also, maybe, AN might have the courtesy to reply to messages sent to them. It seems they only bother writing to you now to give a warning rap over the knuckles over something you've posted.

Well said.  And they managed to re-instate the "Delete notifications" button (thank you AN), maybe it the font's turn next to be rectified. AN, what do you think?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I had contributed in another thread on this topic.
I doesn't affect me on the PC browsers as they all have working (text) zoom features.

But the font on my Android mobile is so hard even with my latest +4 lenses. And zoom features of both Chrome and Brave don't work on AN.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just to say .. cool! The font is really clear, the forum seems really on point. Well done to the devs, there seems to some issues when using the iPad, it takes time for pages to load and arrange themselves, but aesthetically pleasing site.

Edited by recom273

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Who have attempted to contact and by what means ? I have checked with Support on your behalf and they havnt received anything from you.

42 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Who have attempted to contact and by what means ? I have checked with Support on your behalf and they havnt received anything from you.

I sent messages to Contact Us on both the missing Up arrow (now reinstated) and the font. When I've done that in the past I've received a reply, not these times.

I had no idea there is a Support Forum. Finding how to post to some of these forums isn't exactly user friendly.

Would not whoever receives messages sent to Contact Us forward the query to the Support Forum? And let me know they've done so?

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yea, the AseanNow font size on the computer browser "and mobile" was fine up until a few days ago.  They both now use a font size that needs to be bigger....like it was a few days ago.  My browser font viewing/zoom size is set to 100%.   When viewing other social media type sites the font size is fine at 100%.  It's just over the last few days something changed regarding AseanNow.   Other things like a person's rank/status disappearing, etc...Support's answer for that was that can occur during the re-indexing....but it didn't occur during the first 50% of the re-indexing.    This font issue in on the AseanNow end; not on a person's computer/phone end.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Regarding font, and just in case, have you checked your browser is on 100% ?

Press the Ctrl key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out.

Just covering all the bases.

I am not the only one reporting this problem, and every other site I use has the same-sized font as before. So nothing at all to do with my browser settings and everything to do with what was done during the recent maintenance. Someone messed up and needs to accept responsibility and revert it to the size the font used to be it.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I am not the only one reporting this problem, and every other site I use has the same-sized font as before. So nothing at all to do with my browser settings and everything to do with what was done during the recent maintenance. Someone messed up and needs to accept responsibility and revert it to the size the font used to be it.

It was merely a suggestion not a criticism and as I stated a covering the bases suggestion.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the display for the vast majority of users, it would seem, mine included.

No one has "messed up" or needs to accept responsibility and frankly that type of attitude and comment is not helpful or necessary. Your comments are noted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3