Remember to block SMS that cut money from your account

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes that is annoying, I had to call AIS before and they refunded the money

I didn't go so far. I don't think True does that. I asked why I should pay and True said it was out of their control.

Now arrived another one from a similar number. They will squeeze the last money out of me before the block hopefully sets in, in 24 hrs. 😄

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I didn't go so far. I don't think True does that. I asked why I should pay and True said it was out of their control.

Now arrived another one from a similar number. They will squeeze the last money out of me before the block hopefully sets in, in 24 hrs. 😄

Good reason to keep minimal balance on a phone like my DTAC sim

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys just take your phone to the AIS or whoever center at the mall and they will clean all the money-sucking garbage off you phone for free..

Forget trying to find it yourself.....You will not...

Also don't open any spam ever.....Once you open you then pay and pay and pay till its removed...

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please explain how it is possible that someone charges for a SMS which they send you.

I understand that I might have to pay for SMS if I use roaming. But withing Thailand I don't know how that should work (without malware on the phone).

The networks appear to be in on it when you get a new SIM, it could also be the sellers, the numbers are provided to these spammers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please explain how it is possible that someone charges for a SMS which they send you.

I understand that I might have to pay for SMS if I use roaming. But withing Thailand I don't know how that should work (without malware on the phone).

I don't know. It hasn't to do with the phone, as I understood, True has to block "paid ads".

The 3B go straight to "websites", True said.

And I don't understand why members put confused smileys to the topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Guys just take your phone to the AIS or whoever center at the mall and they will clean all the money-sucking garbage off you phone for free..

Forget trying to find it yourself.....You will not...

Also don't open any spam ever.....Once you open you then pay and pay and pay till its removed...

The confused faces strike again

Let me repeat you will NEVER NEVER EVER be able to remove the time money suckers 100% unless you have your carrier do it for you....

Is this clear enough for you? Mr confused....??

Edited by redwood1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

With True prepaid, by some miracle, as soon as one top's up, those hateful sms start and reduce the credit.

People should only end up in using via wifi and passing calls through Wassup, Viber or Line.

Wassup seems to be more or less a bit more secure but I could be wrong ?

Golden rule of course is  n e v e r   to clik on any link. Even if it's a location map link, if possible I always ask for the address and then find the place on Google myself.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have my number since forever. I think at the beginning I received some ads and I asked DTAC to block them.

I think at that time it was just annoying but didn't cost any money.

Yes. Same thing. But they have stepped up to charging. Big corp's are taking over.

13 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Yes. Same thing. But they have stepped up to charging. Big corp's are taking over.

These money suckers are tricky.....The only way that seems to work to avoid them is to not click on any SMS unless your 100% sure what your clicking... 

9 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

These money suckers are tricky.....The only way that seems to work to avoid them is to not click on any SMS unless your 100% sure what your clicking... 

They charge whether you click or not. Stop trolling. 🙂

The only sure way, according to Truemove is to block via *137 /9 for English

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 2

10 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

They charge whether you click or not. Stop trolling. 🙂

The only sure way, according to Truemove is to block via *137 /9 for English

I am not trolling at all I have had years of experience with these Bas__ards.....

AIS also has a clearing blocking code......Guess what it simply does not work very good...

The only 100% sure fire way to get rid of the money suckers is to have the staff at AIS or True clear them for you....

And not clicking on SMS is a massive good protection but you are right its not 100% protection..

• Thumbs Up 1

I have 2 True sims in my phone, one post paid and one prepaid.

When I receive a spam message it get automatically moved, and I get a message, spam message moved to spam folder. I can then go to the spam folder and block the number.

If i get a spam call, a red message will be on my screen "suspected spam caller", so i just ignore the call and block the number afterwards

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but IMO this might be related to the type of  connection.

I do not have any access to the internet, except when I am in a WiFi hotspot where I have the password.

I have a pay as you go on my phone with TrueMove, which I top up when I get below 50 baht. It only enables phone calls and SMS.

Any time I get an SMS in Thai, I automatically delete. Speak English if you want to talk to me.

I have never had money deducted from any of my accounts, in the way the OP describes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

It is a relatively new postpaid account. As has been explained it hasn't to do with what I click. It somehow came with the new account. It can be turned on and off by calling *137. Either it is endorsed by True or it was the "initiative" of the sales person.

Some sim cards or account types might come with a package like that. There are rogue sales persons that will sign you up for "offers" like that as they get a comission. Also happens with phone repair staff.

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

If you have a recent mobile phone then simply block the numbers you don't want to receive text messages or phone calls

That's not the right way to stop it and might not prevent the charges from happening. The right way is to speak to the carrier and have them turn that off.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

There are plenty other ways to get signed up for fun money suckers.

56 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I may be wrong, but IMO this might be related to the type of  connection.

I do not have any access to the internet, except when I am in a WiFi hotspot where I have the password.

I have a pay as you go on my phone with TrueMove, which I top up when I get below 50 baht. It only enables phone calls and SMS.

Any time I get an SMS in Thai, I automatically delete. Speak English if you want to talk to me.

I have never had money deducted from any of my accounts, in the way the OP describes.

Type of connection is not related to premium SMS charges in most cases.