Would you use a driverless taxi?

Chris Daley

Wouldn't necessarily do it now till the San Fran kinks get worked out, but def would in a limited setting like a shuttle between airport terminals.

Too much $$$ potential for this to be allowed to fail and they're too close to success to give up. If you can maximize traffic throughput via satelites, that changes the economics of everything.

It will affect everything from the cost of your Bic lighter to capital savings on less worn out roads, to air quality. Taxi's are the merest tip of the iceberg. In our limited, what's left lifetime, auto-cars will be the norm.

Edited by Prubangboy

37 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

That I can handle being locked in a cab with no way to say pull over or give better direction is a no go 

You'd prefer a drunk driver to a taxi that you can't give "better" directions too?

Each to their own.

(yes I ignored the comment about not being able to tell the taxi to pull over... Because I'm sure you can do)

On 11/3/2023 at 1:16 PM, JayClay said:

You'd prefer a drunk driver to a taxi that you can't give "better" directions too?

Each to their own.

(yes I ignored the comment about not being able to tell the taxi to pull over... Because I'm sure you can do)

I also have never had a drunk taxi driver in Thailand

And are you sure you can tell it to pull over and the program will accept it.

I am not

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I also have never had a drunk taxi driver in Thailand

And are you sure you can tell it to pull over and the program will accept it.

I am not

If you've never had a drunk taxi driver your probably in the minority. And how would you know anyway? 

Yes I'm pretty sure there'd be able to tell any driverless taxi to pull over and it would do so without getting into a heated debate (which could also quite easily happen with a human driver...)