Pattaya 7-eleven Stamps

Pattaya57

4 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

Ever since I recall these stamps always had cash value.  So all the more reason to ask for them as some dishonest staff at these counters do not give them out when it's a falang buying. I always watch a bit before paying and if I see others getting, I ask if I will also have. I have seen those  staff in Bangkok or Hua Hin saying "no have any more" to a falang and giving out the stamps when the next customer usually Thai started to challenge. Always ask before buying as there are enough 7/11 all over.

But how does it work? Only some goods qualify for the stamps, or everything you buy? As you said sometimes a get a bunch of stamps, and other times nothing.

Just now, EdrigoSalvadore said:

But how does it work? Only some goods qualify for the stamps, or everything you buy? As you said sometimes a get a bunch of stamps, and other times nothing.

i think its 1 per 100 + additional for certain items

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

But how does it work?

It's a scam by CP to get people to spend more at his overpriced inconvenience stores. Check out his net worth if you think I'm exaggerating.

Not available for alcohol purchases so only useful if you buy other stuuf. In the rare event that I get a couple of stamps I give them to the concierge in my building, he's just a big kid and there's no street urchins in my area 😅

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I think it's a 1 baht stamp for every 50 baht excluding alcohol (and cigarettes I assume). Cashier never seems to follow that 50:1 rule closely though

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I'm not sure but I think it gets complicated by certain promotional items entitling you to extra stamps.

I was thinking the other way. Spend 220 baht, get two 1 baht stamps, sometimes 1 when it should be 4. I of course never say anything as I was giving them away anyway

Edit: maybe it is every 100 baht and cashier correct? Anything I Google says 50 baht but they're all dated many years ago

Edited by Pattaya57

4 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I once bought smilar stuff as the person who was Thai in front of me had at 7-11 and she got her stamps. When it was my turn the casher did not give and when I asked, she said the usual "no have". On walking away i saw the chap behind me, who was Thai who by miracle got his stamps and no more "no have".

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I find it quite amazing that you managed to both know what the person in front of you purchased, and then hang around to watch the person after you complete their transaction.

Must to be retired or waiting for 11:00/17:00 beer o'clock.🙃🙃

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I always (if I remember) to ask for M-stamps.  They'll put it on your account by punching in your cell number and you can claim for some very cheap/cheasy prizes like coolers or beach chairs when you accumalate enough points.

.... I forgo the option of stamps because I always lose or misplace them. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JayClay said:

I'm not sure but I think it gets complicated by certain promotional items entitling you to extra stamps.

Yes, it's based on certain products you buy. It's all written there very clearly under the product on the shelf where the price is as to how many stamps you will get. If you have eyes and can see, it's all there for you to read.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Ever since I recall these stamps always had cash value.  So all the more reason to ask for them as some dishonest staff at these counters do not give them out when it's a falang buying. I always watch a bit before paying and if I see others getting, I ask if I will also have. I have seen those  staff in Bangkok or Hua Hin saying "no have any more" to a falang and giving out the stamps when the next customer usually Thai started to challenge. Always ask before buying as there are enough 7/11 all over.

Reminds me of the times I've been on my way into a shopping mall and there have been 'pretties' outside giving a free sample of something. And when they see whitey their outstretched arm is pulled back. After all, all farangs are rich and all Thais are poor, right? Pathetic.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Reminds me of the times I've been on my way into a shopping mall and there have been 'pretties' outside giving a free sample of something. And when they see whitey their outstretched arm is pulled back. After all, all farangs are rich and all Thais are poor, right? Pathetic.

Or maybe they were giving out perfume samples to ladies and pulled back when saw you were a guy...maybe nothing to do with being a "whitey" except in your head?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2