Trump leads Biden in 5 key battleground states: poll

Social Media

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

What don't you understand that virtually the entire was afflicted with inflation following the covid pandemic? Is that Joe Biden's fault?  Or that the United States is doing far better than the other major economically developed nations an most of the lesser ones too? If you're claiming that the inflation is Biden's fault, then shouldn't he get credit for the faster pace of the recovery, too?  The only major nation that isn't suffering from inflation is China and their economy is a mess.

You should read what people write before answering...

1) I don't blame solely Biden. Trump is the same kind of loser.

2) Covid isn't responsible for inflation. Inflation started prior to the pandemic.

3) The US economy isn't doing well. Just look at the S&P valuations. Before inflation all major companies were overpriced, after inflation peak same same. The US economy is stagnant.

4) Even if the american economy was doing well, it wouldn't me the inequality & poverty problems are solved.

Inflation is the result of years of mismanagement by the so called "elites" as well as increased geopolitical tensions messing up supply chains.

Edited by MrPancake
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MrPancake said:

You should read what people write before answering...

1) I don't blame solely Biden. Trump is the same kind of loser.

2) Covid isn't responsible for inflation. Inflation started prior to the pandemic.

3) The US economy isn't doing well. Just look at the S&P valuations.

4) Even if the american economy was doing well, it wouldn't me the inequality & poverty problems are solved.

Inflation is the result of years of mismanagement by those idiots in the WH.

"Covid isn't responsible for inflation. Inflation started prior to the pandemic."

Wrong again.  https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you want to prove me wrong you could start by stating which Biden policies have driven inflation and how.  Us sources, correctly this time.

Biden's Rescue Plan has been responsible for 25% to 50% of total inflation according to various economists.

You want sources? Google is your friend !

rescueplan.png.f82c8d8745cf246fd3fdf6dffdfdcabc.png

Edited by MrPancake
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:43 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I never wanted Trump to stand at all, till the opposition started with the political persecution. Now I want him to win and get revenge on all of them.

Oh really, political persecution.

So you believe he's not actually broken any laws?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Covid isn't responsible for inflation. Inflation started prior to the pandemic."

Wrong again.  https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

No, I'm right.

Before the COVID-19 pandemic, there were specific areas within the economy where inflation was showing signs of increase or was notably higher. While overall inflation rates in many countries were relatively stable or modest, certain sectors or components within the economy experienced more noticeable inflationary pressures.

1. Housing Costs: In many places, housing costs, including rent and home prices, were rising at a faster rate than general inflation. This increase was particularly evident in certain urban areas, leading to concerns about housing affordability.

2. Healthcare: Healthcare costs, including insurance premiums, medical services, and prescription drugs, were experiencing inflation rates higher than the average. This was a concern for many people, especially in countries without universal healthcare systems.

3. Education: The cost of education, including college tuition and related expenses, was rising faster than general inflation.

4. Certain Consumer Goods: Prices for certain consumer goods or services, like specific types of food, energy, or specific technological products, experienced higher inflation rates compared to the general inflation trend.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Low unemployment has nothing to do with better work conditions for workers, especially in the US.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that a President could serve his term from prison?

I am suggesting that if Trump were in Federal prison, got elected, on Jan 20, he would pardon himself, walk out of prison, and then live in the White House while the legal issues were resolved.

Georgia state prison would be a bit more difficult, so Trump will focus on delaying any incarceration until after Inauguration Day, sit in the White House, and order the DoD to protect him from any Georgia bailiffs.

Having said that, multiple convictions before Election Day should ensure Trump loses.

45 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Biden's Rescue Plan has been responsible for 25% to 50% of total inflation according to various economists.

Speculative at best.  Funny that your "source" is an image from some unreferenced source.  Is that the best you can do?

32 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

No, I'm right.

Before the COVID-19 pandemic, there were specific areas within the economy where inflation was showing signs of increase or was notably higher. While overall inflation rates in many countries were relatively stable or modest, certain sectors or components within the economy experienced more noticeable inflationary pressures.

1. Housing Costs: In many places, housing costs, including rent and home prices, were rising at a faster rate than general inflation. This increase was particularly evident in certain urban areas, leading to concerns about housing affordability.

2. Healthcare: Healthcare costs, including insurance premiums, medical services, and prescription drugs, were experiencing inflation rates higher than the average. This was a concern for many people, especially in countries without universal healthcare systems.

3. Education: The cost of education, including college tuition and related expenses, was rising faster than general inflation.

4. Certain Consumer Goods: Prices for certain consumer goods or services, like specific types of food, energy, or specific technological products, experienced higher inflation rates compared to the general inflation trend.

Now you're getting ridiculous.  Over-all inflation was low.  In some segments of the economy inflation was higher than the average, in others it was lower.  That's how it generally is.  However the overall infation rate was low pre-covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Why don't you cite your sources?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/apr/20/jane-timken/bidens-american-rescue-plan-fueled-inflation-so-di/#sources

The second part of the assessment from this source:

"However, none of the experts we reached, liberal and conservative, said Biden’s actions were responsible for all of the inflation. Past government spending, COVID’s disruptions to labor markets, energy prices and supply-chains also played significant roles. Most recently, the war in Ukraine has made a challenging situation worse."

Of course, it had an impact in 2022, but the priority at this time was to relaunch the economy and reduce unemployment, and these objectives have been fully reached. Not to mention the necessary restructuring of the American industry in order to get more strategic autonomy from countries such as China, and less dependence from oil markets.

What would have been better? A bit less inflation in 2022 (it was only slightly above other countries with no American rescue plan), but more unemployment and less growth?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

No I haven't. Those guys are cherry picking the data that suits their narrative.

Biden is a loser.

Inflation was making life very hard for poor people before covid.

Biden's spendings is responsible for 25 to 50% of the inflation since his rescue plan.

Period.

Cherry picking data?  You're the one who dissected inflation into narrow categories to "prove" inflation was high when overall inflation was low.  That is an example of extreme cherry picking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Speculative at best.  Funny that your "source" is an image from some unreferenced source.  Is that the best you can do?

Now you're getting ridiculous.  Over-all inflation was low.  In some segments of the economy inflation was higher than the average, in others it was lower.  That's how it generally is.  However the overall inflation rate was low pre-covid.

You're not going to take the word of anonymous member of aseannow.com? Someone who has provided absolutely no independently confirmable evidence?

52 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Cherry picking data?  You're the one who dissected inflation into narrow categories to "prove" inflation was high when overall inflation was low.  That is an example of extreme cherry picking.

Actually what I'm doing is showing that your simplistic view of "inflation was low, everything was fine" is BS. That entire conversation started because I said Biden didn't do enough for those in need which in turn is leading to the current situation of him losing the next election (maybe). So yeah, you are cherry picking the data that suits the narrative. A convenient average that hides this reral problem for the bottom 50% in the US.

2 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

Actually what I'm doing is showing that your simplistic view of "inflation was low, everything was fine" is BS. That entire conversation started because I said Biden didn't do enough for those in need which in turn is leading to the current situation of him losing the next election (maybe). So yeah, you are cherry picking the data that suits the narrative. A convenient average that hides this reral problem for the bottom 50% in the US.

Actually, it began when you claimed that the S&P showed that the US was experiencing economic decline. And now you're claiming that heybruce claimed that everything was fine. Where did he claim that? He just notedt that your claims are false. Biden actually did help Americans in trouble by making Obamacare a lot more generous and financing it with a tax on the wealthy. Other measures as well. Given that he had a 51-49 percent majority and 2 DINOs among the Democrats, it's amazing that he accomplished all that he did in the first 2 years of his term.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, candide said:

Why don't you cite your sources?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/apr/20/jane-timken/bidens-american-rescue-plan-fueled-inflation-so-di/#sources

The second part of the assessment from this source:

"However, none of the experts we reached, liberal and conservative, said Biden’s actions were responsible for all of the inflation. Past government spending, COVID’s disruptions to labor markets, energy prices and supply-chains also played significant roles. Most recently, the war in Ukraine has made a challenging situation worse."

Of course, it had an impact in 2022, but the priority at this time was to relaunch the economy and reduce unemployment, and these objectives have been fully reached. Not to mention the necessary restructuring of the American industry in order to get more strategic autonomy from countries such as China, and less dependence from oil markets.

What would have been better? A bit less inflation in 2022 (it was only slightly above other countries with no American rescue plan), but more unemployment and less growth?

I never said it was solely Biden's fault. But it is a fact even if you don't like it: 25 to 50% of that inflation was due to Biden's decisions. Sorry if it hurts your little heart. And the overheating of the economy comes has the same origin. You rave about the low unemployment. We'll see what happens next. As I said, I bet on a recession and another stock market crash.

Housing, education, healthcare, etc... It has NOTHING to do with the war in Ukraine. Energy prices could have been regulated. The US is the number one producer of oil in the world: zero excuses. Then of course you can argue that some decisions had to be made (industrial restructuring, etc...). That wasn't even my point. My point is I understand why many struggling Americans have been disappointed with Biden's presidency and will now vote for Trump. Totally logical. Didn't he say that he would cancel student debt at some point. Absolute phony loser.