Cheap blood testing clinics in Pattaya?

tremsy

12 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Lifecare : https://maps.app.goo.gl/19jDSrsxmwYJPrHbA

General check up : Program 1 Economy, Program 4 Std and Program 5 Exclusive.

This brochure may not be the latest:

Could contain:

Lifecare also have an 'a la carte' test menu, where you can select the tests you want, rather than a package that might include some things you don't want. Don't know how 'a la carte' compares in price to packages

17 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

N-Health on the left just before Bangkok Hospital Pattaya going north on Sukhumvit

This is to where a number of clinics in Pattaya send their samples. But I believe from here they get sent to Bangkok for analysis. YMMV.

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

This is to where a number of clinics in Pattaya send their samples. But I believe from here they get sent to Bangkok for analysis. YMMV.

I think that they do some tests locally but probably send the more complex ones to BKK. I say this because sometimes I get very quick response on some tests, but hve to wait a couple of days for the rest.

I find their prices reasonable and you don't need the doctor's fee and extra markup of the hospital (notably the one next door...)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I think that they do some tests locally but probably send the more complex ones to BKK. I say this because sometimes I get very quick response on some tests, but hve to wait a couple of days for the rest.

I find their prices reasonable and you don't need the doctor's fee and extra markup of the hospital (notably the one next door...)

Which is fine except most people are not able to understand the results. Oh sure, the lab will tell you if a test result is out of range but that's only one part of reading test results. The other parts are about the relationship between two test results, for example ALT and AST, which are very important. The other part is the trend of any particular result over time. A result can be in range but if it's falling or rising, that can mean something very serious, which in the case of falling TSH means I need to have my cancerous thyroid removed! Sooo, paying the extra few hundred baht to have decent GP interpret the results, is a good investment.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Which is fine except most people are not able to understand the results. Oh sure, the lab will tell you if a test result is out of range but that's only one part of reading test results. The other parts are about the relationship between two test results, for example ALT and AST, which are very important. The other part is the trend of any particular result over time. A result can be in range but if it's falling or rising, that can mean something very serious, which in the case of falling TSH means I need to have my cancerous thyroid removed! Sooo, paying the extra few hundred baht to have decent GP interpret the results, is a good investment.

Yes. If you want a proper medical opinion, aftercare, prognosis etc, you have to either use a clinic, not a blood testing centre, or the OPD of a private hospital. Lifecare don't offer any of the above. They simply hand you the lab test results. If you don't know how to read them, you'll have to talk to somebody who does. I've used Memorial Hospital in the past but have moved to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital now. Sure, it's going to cost probably an extra 1000 or two but it's your health and well being at stake.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes. If you want a proper medical opinion, aftercare, prognosis etc, you have to either use a clinic, not a blood testing centre, or the OPD of a private hospital. Lifecare don't offer any of the above. They simply hand you the lab test results. If you don't know how to read them, you'll have to talk to somebody who does. I've used Memorial Hospital in the past but have moved to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital now. Sure, it's going to cost probably an extra 1000 or two but it's your health and well being at stake.

Having said that, I had a Hep B scare years back, massive viral load, no idea when or where infected, showed up on an annual checkup out of the blue. Self medicated with retroviral combinatory drugs. Viral load went to undetected within a week according to Lifecare. Went to Banglamung public hospital to get retested. Straightforward procedure. Results within 24 hours. Same result as Lifecare. Undetected. Minimal cost. YMMV.

It's one of those situations where you have to decide on your own course of action. If you're nervous about a result, want a 2nd opinion, don't know what to do, don't understand what the results mean, you must talk to a qualified professional. At a private hospital it shouldn't cost more than maybe 1500 THB for an initial consultation. Might save a lot more in the long run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

Just post the results on here, always an expert around:stoner:, but seriously the B350 cancer/tumor check looks good value

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Having said that, I had a Hep B scare years back, massive viral load, no idea when or where infected, showed up on an annual checkup out of the blue. Self medicated with retroviral combinatory drugs. Viral load went to undetected within a week according to Lifecare. Went to Banglamung public hospital to get retested. Straightforward procedure. Results within 24 hours. Same result as Lifecare. Undetected. Minimal cost. YMMV.

It's one of those situations where you have to decide on your own course of action. If you're nervous about a result, want a 2nd opinion, don't know what to do, don't understand what the results mean, you must talk to a qualified professional. At a private hospital it shouldn't cost more than maybe 1500 THB for an initial consultation. Might save a lot more in the long run.

What blood test indicates hep B?

Edited by scubascuba3

I have used Lifecare for years and never had any problems. I I normally get the test a couple of days before my appointment with Dr Prinya at the Health Center BHP. I then take the results to him to read. Best of both worlds. Cheap (against BHP prices for the Blood Test) and a doctor's opinion.

He also tells me what drugs to take which I buy at Fascino's. Again saving money.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, geisha said:

Question, why do they not ask you to fast for 12 hrs before blood tests ?

When you eat and drink, your bloodstream absorbs sugar, fat, protein, and other nutrients in those foods and beverages. That could affect the results of certain blood tests and lead to the wrong diagnosis.