The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Shock horror, protests which are an inextricable part of public political discourse in British democracy are ‘political’.

A refresher, the rights to freedom of assembly, freedom of association and freedom of speech.

Yeah....so it was basically like one of them summer of love protests, then?

Remember those previous comments about rose-tinted-glasses? That.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

How do you know if it was 'a tiny fraction'?

There are social media clips all over with disturbing images, comments, chants and so on.

I'm not saying all protestors were at it, but not quite what you try to sell either.

I’ll go with the Police reports if you don’t mind.

Social media isn’t exactly a reliable source:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/police-probe-fake-london-mayor-video-pro-palestinian-marches-2023-11-10/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll go with the Police reports if you don’t mind.

Social media isn’t exactly a reliable source:

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/police-probe-fake-london-mayor-video-pro-palestinian-marches-2023-11-10/

Yes, you can try and discredit all available footage by citing one example, but that would be hypocritical considering your own previous comments about tarring all protestors for the actions of few etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Yes, you can try and discredit all available footage by citing one example, but that would be hypocritical considering your own previous comments about tarring all protestors for the actions of few etc.

No, I rely on the official Police reports that are traceable to the Met Police Force.

Reliable, traceable and accountable.

Not social media that is non of the above.

Oh and the one example I have cited is an example of manipulated video being maliciously used and spread amongst rightwing extremists and that relates directly to the issue of the subject demonstration.

So forgive me, I’ll stick with the Police reports.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, I rely on the official Police reports that are traceable to the Met Police Force.

Reliable, traceable and accountable.

Not social media that is non of the above.

Oh and the one example I have cited is an example of manipulated video being maliciously used and spread amongst rightwing extremists and that relates directly to the issue of the subject demonstration.

So forgive me, I’ll stick with the Police reports.

Thanks for making my current point, and the previous one about simply repeating messages on loop.

Not much of a discussion, but guess that's not what you're after, is it?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

You've been doing it all along the topic.

It's not a replacement for discussion.

It’s reasserting my points of view, which I feel, in the face of numerous allegations made by others that I support (insert various slurs), I need to repeat.

It’s a very effective guard against slurs and misrepresentation of my views.

Forgive me for employing it.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s reasserting my points of view, which I feel, in the face of numerous allegations made by others that I support (insert various slurs), I need to repleat.

It’s a very effective guard against slurs and misrepresentation of my views.

Forgive me for employing it.

When it's almost all you have on offer, it losses it's effectiveness.

When it's a blanket answer for everything, the message is lost.

4 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

School teacher and member of the Labour Party!

I  previously gave this a look and only read the words! I didn’t pick up the Nazi sign interwoven with the Star of David until someone mentioned it on another platform!

Sick !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

I  previously gave this a look and only read the words! I didn’t pick up the Nazi sign interwoven with the Star of David until someone mentioned it on another platform!

Sick !

Thanks for pointing that out really riclag, I missed it too, peaceful protesters my giddy aunt.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It wasn't all good news for the hundreds of volunteers that would have been selling poppies throughout London but instead had to avoid there usual locations. Or the ones deliberately intimidated by the protesters. 

Do you have a link for that? I ask, because I have not seen anything about it in the articles that I have read.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Flying a Swastika flag at a memorial to U.Ks War dead (who died fighting Nazis) and at an event to show support for a group that recently murdered 1200 Jews , (or that was their intended target).

And Shes a school teacher .

How on earth could she think that her actions were a good idea ?

Thorgal Is She a genuine Neo Nazi and do you know her from other sites ?

She should lose her job at the very least, is she brainwashing her classes rather than educating them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1