The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

A pity that the bickering that has made the threads in the War on Israel subforum unreadable is now being continued here.

That was the intent.

Refer the flak I took for sticking to the topic from those now bickering.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Surely you could put a bit more effort into your posts , rather than just lazily posting paragraphs from Wiki ?

You are confused. Perhaps you think this an exam, where one scores highly for original presentation 🤭

Others consider it an informal chat on a forum where getting your points across clearly and concisely is the order of the day. 
Now run along now, the exam rooms are that way ☝️

I await your original work with bated breath..

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

A pity that the bickering that has made the threads in the War on Israel subforum unreadable is now being continued here.

It’s exactly what they do. Anything in order to deflect from on-topic content. Hence the reference to me using something from Wikipedia. But no discussion on the topic at all. 
Pathetic children. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NextG said:

Their choice as to whether they live as mice or men:

The proposed plan was considered to have been pro-Zionist by its detractors, with 56%[6] of the land allocated to the Jewish state despite the Palestinian Arab population numbering twice the Jewish population.[7] The plan was celebrated by most Jews in Palestine.[8] The partition plan was reluctantly[9]accepted by the Jewish Agency for Palestine with misgivings.[10] Historians say that acceptance of the plan was a tactical step and that some Zionist leaders viewed the plan as a stepping stone to future territorial expansion over the whole of Palestine.[11][12][5] The Arab Higher Committee, the Arab League and other Arab leaders and governments rejected it on the basis that in addition to the Arabs forming a two-thirds majority, they owned a majority of the lands..”

Easy for you to sit in your armchair and support a terrorist land grab. 
Perhaps you also support Putin’s expansionist ideas….

You did not provide a link, and I'm not about to hunt down which Wikipedia page this is lifted from.

The choices are there to be made, you want to treat it as some drama class, that's your choice. I don't see how the choices made by Palestinians better served their cause or made it more attainable. If anything, they had the opposite effect.

As per your quote - a whole lot of the area allocated to the Jewish state was desert land down south, which was sparsely populated, not really prime real estate. Regarding acceptance of the partition plan being a 'tactical step' - even if you want to see it that way, it goes back to what I posted - that a pragmatic approach was applicable. The Palestinians could have made the same choice, they did not.

I do not see Israel's formation as a 'terrorist land grab', that's your extreme view of seeing things.

I most definitely do not support Putin, and also in the process of exercising my right for Ukrainian citizenship & passport.

6 hours ago, NextG said:

You are attempting to divert away from the point of him having to pander to the right wing, due to them being in his coalition. Smoke and mirrors trying to deflect by suggesting that it isn’t his party slogan. That why the Israelis settlements continue to grow. 

The coalition partners do not have full control over Netanyahu, nor over his part. Much Influence, leverage - sure. You seem to be trying to make the case that they are all the same. As for the party slogan - answered already, if you can't accept it, that's up to you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

You did not provide a link, and I'm not about to hunt down which Wikipedia page this is lifted from.

The choices are there to be made, you want to treat it as some drama class, that's your choice. I don't see how the choices made by Palestinians better served their cause or made it more attainable. If anything, they had the opposite effect.

As per your quote - a whole lot of the area allocated to the Jewish state was desert land down south, which was sparsely populated, not really prime real estate. Regarding acceptance of the partition plan being a 'tactical step' - even if you want to see it that way, it goes back to what I posted - that a pragmatic approach was applicable. The Palestinians could have made the same choice, they did not.

I do not see Israel's formation as a 'terrorist land grab', that's your extreme view of seeing things.

I most definitely do not support Putin, and also in the process of exercising my right for Ukrainian citizenship & passport.

The choice to accede to terrorists… gotcha. 
Don’t be surprised when they rebel, again and again. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Netanyahu has said many times he won't agree to a ceasefire. I doubt he even wanted a pause to allow civilians to flee south, except Biden wanted it.

Hamas knows very well that if they didn't have hostages netanyahu would have gone full monster on them. I can see them handing over non israelis in exchange for something, but IMO the military hostages are going to get blown up along with the Gazans. Apparently already been one female soldier got blown up by israeli bombs.

@thaibeachlovers seems to alternate between taking everything Netanyahu says at face value, and presenting him as an untrustworthy liar. All depends on the 'argument' and narrative pushed.

Netanyahu says a whole lot of things, but most time it's just hot air. He tends to fold under pressure, so long as he can justify it to his voter base. As per your  nonsense above - there are constant reports about negotiations for hostage release which would necessarily involve a ceasefire. If Netanyahu was opposed to that, there wouldn't have been such negotiations.

It's nice that you come out and justify Hamas hostage taking, just to be clear on where you stand. I don't know how that hostage soldier was killed, and neither do you, but of course you'd speculate and try to do so in a way laying the blame on Israel, not the terrorists who held her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

It’s exactly what they do. Anything in order to deflect from on-topic content. Hence the reference to me using something from Wikipedia. But no discussion on the topic at all. 
Pathetic children. 

Exactly how? You're the one going on and on about it.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

The coalition partners do not have full control over Netanyahu, nor over his part. Much Influence, leverage - sure. You seem to be trying to make the case that they are all the same. As for the party slogan - answered already, if you can't accept it, that's up to you.

I am making the points that I want to make and expressing them clearly. Perhaps you assume that your deflection are somehow important to me. 
On the contrary, it only serves to illustrate to others, your utter moral bankruptcy. 

Israel has ‘dirty hands’ in this conflict from the very beginning and no amount of whitewashing and victimhood will wash it away. The Palestinians will always remember. They will get back against the people who usurped their land in one way or another. It’s an uneven fight, but they won’t ever give up… and rightly so. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

The choice to accede to terrorists… gotcha. 
Don’t be surprised when they rebel, again and again. 

Calling Israel 'terrorists' is you choice, representing an extreme view.

Most countries and governments, probably yours as well, do not see things this way.

In fact, more  countries label Hamas a terrorist organization (which it is) - I'd guess including your country as well.

I'm not surprised the Palestinians 'rebel' - I'm disheartened that they do not have a leadership which could take them on a different, more constructive path.

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

I am making the points that I want to make and expressing them clearly. Perhaps you assume that your deflection are somehow important to me. 
On the contrary, it only serves to illustrate to others, your utter moral bankruptcy. 

Israel has ‘dirty hands’ in this conflict from the very beginning and no amount of whitewashing and victimhood will wash it away. The Palestinians will always remember. They will get back against the people who usurped their land in one way or another. It’s an uneven fight, but they won’t ever give up… and rightly so. 

That's a nice story, and a very dramatic presentation.

If that's all you've got.....

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Nope, perhaps you missed the post by @Nick Carter icp who referred to it. I replied to him. Perhaps you can stop your foolish and disingenuous posting. It fools no one. 

You don't have to reply to my posts, or to any other posters', for this matters.

Your choice (unless you want to claim the Zionists made you do it....).

Just now, Morch said:

Calling Israel 'terrorists' is you choice, representing an extreme view.

Most countries and governments, probably yours as well, do not see things this way.

In fact, more  countries label Hamas a terrorist organization (which it is) - I'd guess including your country as well.

I'm not surprised the Palestinians 'rebel' - I'm disheartened that they do not have a leadership which could take them on a different, more constructive path.

The people consider the founding fathers of modern Israel were considered terrorist. Of that there is no dispute. Do not try to minimise the impact of my statements by suggesting that I wrote ‘Israel’. But yes, it is a state borne out of terrorism and proudly so. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

That's a nice story, and a very dramatic presentation.

If that's all you've got.....

Do you think it’s a firefight? ☺️ Do you imagine that you are winning or somehow deflecting the points that I am making?😊

• Haha 1

The people consider the founding fathers of modern Israel were considered terrorist. Of that there is no dispute. Do not try to minimise the impact of my statements by suggesting that I wrote ‘Israel’. But yes, it is a state borne out of terrorism and proudly so. 

What 'the people'? You do not speak for 'the people'. That there's 'no dispute' is also your opinion, rather than fact.

Again, offering nothing much but drama and an extreme point of view.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

You don't have to reply to my posts, or to any other posters', for this matters.

Your choice (unless you want to claim the Zionists made you do it....).

No, I am happy to post more details in reply to your attempted deflections. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Do you think it’s a firefight? ☺️ Do you imagine that you are winning or somehow deflecting the points that I am making?😊

You seem to think it is, and that you're winning something. That's one of your things - announce that you 'won' an argument (on at least two recent topics).

You post stuff, I reply. That's how forums work.

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Pathetic children. 

The Israel Palestinian topic is being discussed in other threads, this thread is about a  rally in London and that's why I didn't want to discuss the Israel/Palestinian situation here   

The reasons for me not replying to your Wiki C&P post wasn't because I'm a" pathetic child" , I didn't reply because it was going off topic and that topic is also being discussed elsewhere 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

What 'the people'? You do not speak for 'the people'. That there's 'no dispute' is also your opinion, rather than fact.

Again, offering nothing much but drama and an extreme point of view.

Maybe you should learn to read and comprehend, before replying excitedly posting absolute nonsense. 
Do you deny the the modern state of Israel was borne out of terrorism?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Israel Palestinian topic is being discussed in other threads, this thread is about a  rally in London and that's why I didn't want to discuss the Israel/Palestinian situation here   

The reasons for me not replying to your Wiki C&P post wasn't because I'm a" pathetic child" , I didn't reply because it was going off topic and that topic is also being discussed elsewhere 

BS. You could have simply suggested that the conversation was drifting off-topic. But instead you tried to make a ‘big deal’ of me utilising an excerpt from WiKi. Such dishonesty. Typical. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

You seem to think it is, and that you're winning something. That's one of your things - announce that you 'won' an argument (on at least two recent topics).

You post stuff, I reply. That's how forums work.

Indeed, we can continue to discuss 😊

Just now, NextG said:

BS. You could have simply suggested that the conversation was drifting off-topic. But instead you tried to make a ‘big deal’ of me utilising an excerpt from WiKi. Such dishonesty. Typical. 

Strange because you flamed me 3 times for suggesting you were going off topic

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NextG said:

I thought that you were being extremely lazy just C&P ing wiki paragraphs and it was also going off topic  .

I didn't reply to the wiki words because they were going off topic , but I mentioned your laziness

• Agree 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I thought that you were being extremely lazy just C&P ing wiki paragraphs and it was also going off topic  .

I didn't reply to the wiki words because they were going off topic , but I mentioned your laziness

Your opinion of me is off-topic. You do this because you have nothing ‘on-topic’ to discuss. If you did, it would be exposed for the ridiculous mess that it is. 
Go on, post something related to the topic 🤭

• Confused 1