The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That's nonsense. Police are required to be unbiased and apolitical while on duty. If they cannot do that, they should not be in the police force. They cannot be seen to take sides, that type of policing is the realm of banana republics. 

Agree.

The police refusing to bend to the employment of rightwing extremist dog whistles by the Home Secretary in pursuit of her own authoritarian political ambitions is a fine example of not bending to politics and following the law.

I hear though that rightwing extremists have heard her whistling and will be showing up on Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yes, and Armistice Day is Saturday.

So let’s not go shopping, go to the pub, go to parties,  drink alcohol, play or watch sport, smile, laugh, have fun.

Let’s not do any of the things we enjoy doing.

Oh and let’s not permit anyone to enjoy their right to peacefully protest.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Agree.

The police refusing to bend to the employment of rightwing extremist dog whistles by the Home Secretary in pursuit of her own authoritarian political ambitions is a fine example of not bending to politics and following the law.

I hear though that rightwing extremists have heard her whistling and will be showing up on Saturday.

Who are these right wing extremists, ex soldiers, patriots, you throw words about like right wing extremists without any real thought as to what you are saying, it is very disingenuous. But we all know who the police will arrest, it won't be the antagonists shouting 'death to israel or allah akbar' will it, no it will be the "right wing extremists" trying to protect our sacred war memorials. Right wing extremists, nice try but no cigar! 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The demonstrations don’t start until over an hour after the Remembrance Silence.

And how is it religious with thousands of people from mixed and/or or no religious affiliation?

So funny, have a read..............:clap2:

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/watch-clueless-protesters-pro-palestine-190934579.html

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Who are these right wing extremists, ex soldiers, patriots, you throw words about like right wing extremists without any real thought as to what you are saying, it is very disingenuous. But we all know who the police will arrest, it won't be the antagonists shouting 'death to israel or allah akbar' will it, no it will be the "right wing extremists" trying to protect our sacred war memorials. Right wing extremists, nice try but no cigar! 

I’m not sure who the police will arrest or if they will arrest anyone.

Neither are you.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even cops are people and when they see what is going on in Palestine they react like people that don't like what they see. Good for them.

You got a link for that............:cheesy:

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/watch-clueless-protesters-pro-palestine-190934579.html

Edited by transam

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure who the police will arrest or if they will arrest anyone.

Neither are you.

I'd bet money on it, "there are too many of them" and it proves a point that weak policing and weak police leadership is no use to man nor beast. "Far right extremists" too much Owen Jones?

Edited by Wobblybob
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Of course. The Met Police are a left wing organization. So they take the knee to BLM, they dance at LGBT parades, they allow Pro Palestine crowds to march and chant anti-semitic songs. Some of their officers actually join in the Pro Palestine chants while on duty in uniform.

They're hardly going to bend to anyone centrist or to the right of centre. No No, that simply isn't on their agenda at all. 

You are confusing denying people the right to peaceful protest with the duties of the police.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Calling for the destruction of Israel and the Israelis is not peaceful, which part of that don't you understand?

I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked other opponents of the right to peaceful protest:

The projection is for 70,000 people to attend.

How many of those attending need to call for the ‘destruction of Israel’ before you brand all 70,000 as having ‘called for the destruction of Israel’?

How many of the 70,000 need to break the law before brand all 70,000 as law breakers?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Given that the previous pro Palestine marches have involved violence, anti semitism and calls for Jihad, it is perfectly reasonable to predict that this march will be the same. A leopard does not change it's spots.

The only reason it is being allowed to go ahead is because the met police are a weak, left wing, lily livered organization.   

I the reason it’s being allowed to go ahead is because there exists in the UK a right to peaceful protest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked other opponents of the right to peaceful protest:

The projection is for 70,000 people to attend.

How many of those attending need to call for the ‘destruction of Israel’ before you brand all 70,000 as having ‘called for the destruction of Israel’?

How many of the 70,000 need to break the law before brand all 70,000 as law breakers?

You are the one that seems to be saying that it is alright to shout about the death and destruction of Jews and they be giving a free pass, but you band words like "right wing extremists" with gay abandon, you tell us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We appear to be going round in circles. Mainly due to your gaslighting. I repeat, calls for Jihad and anti-semitic chants is not peaceful protest, it is hate speech which incities violence aginst Israel/Jews. 

The only way violence is avoided is if the police ignore the calls for Jihad and the anti-semitic hate speech. If they start to make arrests, violence will ensue.  

There are many ways to avoid violence, one being Ministers of State not employing inflammatory language and dog whistling to the extremists who have a long history of violence.

I support the right to peaceful protest and the Police arresting people who break the law.

I also think demonstrating to end the killing in the Hamas Israel war on Armistice Day is rather a fitting memorial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is not suggested that people do not do any of the things which you list. You exaggerate in a pretty obvious attempt to deflect from the arguments.

What is suggested is (not unreasonably under the circumstances), that demonstrations are not held on the Saturday and Sunday which together, this year, constitute Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday. Most years Armistice Day (the 11th) is separated by several days from Remembrance Sunday. By long standing tradition they are not associated with political activity.

The suggestions are not "right wing" or Zionist dog whistles. The preceding three weekends have seen a series of demonstrations, each more vitriolic and yes, at times, violent. There have been chants calling for genocide  - let's be honest, that is what "from the river to the sea" means. It is a slogan adopted if not coined by Hamas, whose founding charter calls for genocide of the Jews, and a task upon which they enthusiastically and with obscene inhuman savagery embarked upon a month ago. The Home Secretary is absolutely correct in describing them as "hate demonstrations". There have been attacks upon people who have ( in my opinion) been foolish enough to attend such marches with Israeli flags, or placards supporting Israel. A war memorial has been defaced (Rochdale), statues vandalised ( Central London), a Policewoman videoed taking part in the chanting - has any action been taken, likewise the train driver who misused his train PA system to lead chants whilst driving his train. The Police have arbitrarily closed down a demonstration portraying the hostages taken by Hamas (including children and babies remember) on mobile billboards on the specious grounds that it was likely to lead to a breach of the peace.

There is a very real possibility, indeed likelihood, that there will be violence this weekend. Elements, quite sizable ones, within the demonstrators are spoiling for a fight. They are being benignly treated, in my opinion, by a politicised Police Force which is hostile to the Home Secretary and this government.

Same answer to you.

I support the right to peaceful protest and the Police arresting people who break the law.

I also think demonstrating to end the killing in the Hamas Israel war on Armistice Day is rather a fitting memorial.

Would you like to have a go at answering this question?

The projection is for 70,000 people to attend.

How many of the 70,000 need to break the law before you brand all 70,000 as law breakers?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Same answer to you.

I support the right to peaceful protest and the Police arresting people who break the law.

Would you like to have a go at answering this question?

The projection is for 70,000 people to attend.

How many of the 70,000 need to break the law before you brand all 70,000 as law breakers?

No I won't have a go at answering your question - it is purely an attempt at deflection.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

No I won't have a go at answering your question - it is purely an attempt at deflection.

Hardly an attempt at deflection when the rightwing authoritarians amongst us are attempting to deny people the right to peaceful protest on the basis of accusations of criminality, anti semitism and violence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Of course, the intent is to have the whole thread going around in circles, until everyone gives up and go off to do more rewarding activities, like watching old episodes of "The Magic Roundabout" on YouTube!

Then he can believe/claim that he has won the argument!

Boing said Zebedee, time for bed said Florence!

I’m not the subject of the thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

That's nonsense. Police are required to be unbiased and apolitical while on duty. If they cannot do that, they should not be in the police force. They cannot be seen to take sides, that type of policing is the realm of banana republics. 

Funny you didn’t comment on them needing to be unbiased when I replied to you highlighting the black athlete who was being continually pulled over by the police. In fact a couple of the policemen actually ended up getting sacked for lying about smelling marijuana in his car. They started up a ‘GoFundMe’ because they lost their job due to their deceitful actions. You very obviously avoided that discussion. But here you are claiming they need to be unbiased, when you think it suits your argument. Pity. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1