Soi 6 girls are too well fed

EVENKEEL

8 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I see this trend all over LOS. The kids at the school where I teach eating ENORMOUS amounts of sugar every day. Their little bodies burn it up as they are still growing, but once they reach their adult-ish height, it starts storing as fat. Really sad to see.

Sugar is the cause of most health problems.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Even though I am a hansum man I prefer paying for sex. 

It is a service, not a commitment, and both parties know what is expected from the contract. 

Each to his own, though I have nothing against ladies of the night, and would probably use them if I was single as I am not going to be able to attract a 30 year old now. That is leaving money out of the equation.

Just now, NoshowJones said:

Each to his own, though I have nothing against ladies of the night, and would probably use them if I was single as I am not going to be able to attract a 30 year old now. That is leaving money out of the equation.

and there lies the difference; in my late 6-'s I can buy the services of a 30 year old whenever I want.

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

and there lies the difference; in my late 6-'s I can buy the services of a 30 year old whenever I want.

Yes I see your point, and as I said if I was single I would probably do just that.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's the way statistics work.  Here's a handy tool from SurveyMonkey to see how adequate that sample size is.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size-calculator/

SurveyMonkey.png.fbe54324da86dcc1070f37b9ef6ce618.png

With a population of 30 million, you need 16,632 samples to give you 99% confidence level with a 1% margin of error.   19,000 is overkill.

1% margin or error on a .7% sample size.

How does that work ?

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

How does that work ?

I don't remember, though I took a couple of statistics classes for my engineering degree.

Surprises me too, every time I go there.

Edit:  I do recall that it has to be a representative sample.  You can't just take a sample in Bangkok and extrapolate that to the whole country.  Too many KFC's and McDonalds in BKK.

Edited by impulse

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

How does that work ?

1% margin of error means that if the survey says 40% are overweight then you can be 99% sure (in the example given) that the results over the full population would be between 39% and 41%.

Edited by treetops

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

If a guy is decent looking and not overweight, he should never have to pay for sex in Thailand, I came to Thailand about 3 times only for girls, dated market girls, office girls etc.

I first arrived in Bangkok through a dating agency and never went near Pattaya, on my second visit I  just repeated my first visit.

On my third visit I went straight to Pattaya, booked into the Beach Hotel. I knew nothing about the goings on across the road, as I stepped outside to explore, I was approached by a prostitute, was pleasant to her then went on my way.

I never knew what a barfine was until another farang told me.  I just could not understand why anyone would pay just to get a girl when there were so many of them everywhere, but it soon dawned on me the reason for that when I noticed so many facial haired, tattooed, ugly fat bellied farang around.

There is some truth to what you say, but it is limited to guys that are decent looking, in pretty good shape and have really good game. You absolutely need to have good game to be able to get with any civilians. In addition it helps to have some bling if you're on a tight budget there's no way that's going to happen. 

The other aspect of it is the age gap, if you're a 65-year-old guy looking to get with a 25-year-old gal it's likely not going to happen if she's a pure civilian, and you are not paying for it. 

• Love It 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Edit:  I do recall that it has to be a representative sample.  You can't just take a sample in Bangkok and extrapolate that to the whole country.  Too many KFC's and McDonalds in BKK.

Exactly.

Sample means nothing if surveyed girls were from "affluent" area's.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

1% margin of error means that if the survey says 40% are overweight then you can be 99% sure (in the example given) that the results over the full population would be between 39% and 41%.

So they survey .7% (19181) of the female population.

Survey is done in Metro Bangkok.......and the result is accurate to the rest of the 20+ aged female population ?

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

You can't just take a sample in Bangkok and extrapolate that to the whole country.  Too many KFC's and McDonalds in BKK.

Conventional wisdom, I guess. Take a ride out in the country hours from KFC or McD which they couldn't afford anyway. You'll find plenty of obese people. They still have coke, fanta, and all their homemade sugar drinks and fried snacks.  Lots of sugar in Thai foods, too. 

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is some truth to what you say, but it is limited to guys that are decent looking, in pretty good shape and have really good game. You absolutely need to have good game to be able to get with any civilians. In addition it helps to have some bling if you're on a tight budget there's no way that's going to happen. 

The other aspect of it is the age gap, if you're a 65-year-old guy looking to get with a 25-year-old gal it's likely not going to happen if she's a pure civilian, and you are not paying for it. 

I'm 70ish now and had a very attractive 24yo tha lady come on to me very strongly....unfortunately she was my wife's younger sister 🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Survey is done in Metro Bangkok.......and the result is accurate to the rest of the 20+ aged female population ?

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

You are working you said, so how many hours per day to you actually spend outdoors around thai people?

HR in many companies prefer to hire average height weight, and preferable younger than 25 (maybe older outside cities, with less applicants)

Your observations at work, does not give the full picture, due to HR.

Go out in a major cities, you will soon realize that media and surveys aren't far from the truth.

Survey and media are all lies fake, made up?

You can't be serious.

Fun banter though, just insert real life.

1 minute ago, Shop mak said:

You are working you said, so how many hours per day to you actually spend outdoors around thai people?

Leave home at 5.30am and return at 8pm Monday to Friday.

If Iam not in the office Iam at a supplier or customer.

So yeah, I spend a bit of time with Thai people.

Saturday and Sunday.... I see nobody unless they come to my house.

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

After some reflection on this serious matter of chubby ladies, it's my opinion that if something is on the menu then there are customers for it. Some guys like em well fed. 

Thats very true ! I prefer slim!

My Mrs said that Some Thais consider skinny as poor !

Edited by riclag

On 11/10/2023 at 5:18 PM, PJ71 said:

So that they get a salary ( particularly the ugly ones ), so they make money on ladies drink and so that they can hang out with their friends.

Could most of them be the ones that returned due to failed farang relationships, no house or car made out of that time with Mr Farang, or gambled it all.

Women do change in looks after a decade or so, especially if they don't have the baht coming in from their supporter.

Just thinking out aloud.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, impulse said:

I'm afraid this new interweb thing is going to stick a fork into a lot of time honored traditions like Nana, Soi Cowboy and Soi 6.  

Why would a cute girl waste a bunch of time in a bar making small talk and sucking up to a bunch of smelly tourists, only to give up a huge chunk of the transaction to mamasan?  Today she can peddle it online while she spends her day doing whatever she likes, she can name her own price, and she can keep it all.

Only fat grandma's who haven't mastered the knack of Photoshop have to settle for the walk-in trade, lady drinks and bar fines.

I used to get both a lot of girls from sites like TF as well others, as well would go to the bars. Both online and in bars, it has been a declining trend since over 5 years. Sure there are plenty to find online and offline but price inflation is as much, as well is obese.

I do not buy into this theory that they all switched to online, I believe many simply stopped doing it entirely, at least to farangs. Also many now work for the Chinese since X years, and those guys pay 5K short time easy. The prettier ones are usually to be found there, same as in local Thai places.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

I don't remember, though I took a couple of statistics classes for my engineering degree.

Surprises me too, every time I go there.

Not enough KFCs and McDonald's in Bangkok.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He is leaving the most important detail out entirely. Sure: if you are willing to play 'dating' you rarely have to pay initially, he just never sticked with the same one long enough. I don't buy into the 'free girls' theories either, they all cost money, good ones usually even more on the long run.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Could most of them be the ones that returned due to failed farang relationships, no house or car made out of that time with Mr Farang, or gambled it all.

Women do change in looks after a decade or so, especially if they don't have the baht coming in from their supporter.

Just thinking out aloud.

Maybe.... who knows.

I'm sure they'll all have their own story of woe.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

After some reflection on this serious matter of chubby ladies, it's my opinion that if something is on the menu then there are customers for it. Some guys like em well fed. 

Not sure about that... most of them seem to just hang around waiting for the next food cart.... and will still be there at closing time. There are a few Nationalities that like a chubby one so they all have an opportunity. 

16 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Maybe.... who knows.

I'm sure they'll all have their own story of woe.

No other choice really, government doesn't provide support like in other countries, yet Thailand has a lot of rich people and one has to wonder where all the taxes goes ?

• Sad 1

There is just too much ready cooked food around in this country. For example in Jomtien you get Restaurants all along beach rd. Then you get 3 Night Markets again full of places to eat. On both sides of the road you get the mobile carts selling food. Now this weekend you also get a street food festival. Because there is no space left on the street they had to place it on the beach. 

You see, where ever you go they put food ready to eat in front of you. No chance to slim down. 

20 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

I was merely explaining the calculation, not commenting on the population of the survey.  The newspaper headline mentions the Bangkok population (although not as the source of the data) but the previous surveys make no such distinction so your "Bwahahahahahahahaha" may be misplaced.

Similarly, your extrapolation of your industrial estate to the whole of Thailand is just as likely to give biased results due to the limited demographic of the population.