Who is the most successful farang in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

12 hours ago, grain said:

Another was the muscle guy who used to feed the Soi dogs nightly , haven't seen him for years ,but that to me is someone I admire 

Yep, that muscle guy was such an admirable person, apart from feeding stray dogs he also pimped young Thai girls, he used to beat the living daylights out of people, he was wanted for criminal activities in Thailand, Australia, New Zealand. 

He also needed to stab an English teacher with a knife after he got beaten in a fight and the people in the photos in his room looked extremely young and petite , some were barely half his size 

10 minutes ago, dddave said:

Back in the early 2000's, before the internet was an every day thing, a young Dutch guy had the idea of getting reprint rights for all the major British and European newspapers.  Every day, he would have printed that days main copy pages and sell them all over Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok.  He quickly made a fortune, wisely reinvesting in a number of other successful businesses.  He had a Thai wife and they lived in the most lavish, expensive house in all of Pattaya and they drove matching Mercedes.  He was without a doubt the most successful expat in the city and she certainly had hit the jackpot, the luckiest lady in Pattaya.

Despite having everything, she wasn't satisfied.  Naturally, she had a lowlife Thai boyfriend on the side.

Then one day, the young Dutch man was found in a vacant lot, just a pile of ashes and bone.

It took 10 years of pressure from his family in Holland and the Dutch government for the Thai and Pattaya police to finally make an arrest.  The wife and her boyfriend as well as her uncle were finally arrested and  convicted of his murder 12 years after the killing.  Though they all got life sentences, I have no idea how long they actually served.

She had EVERYTHING every girl who comes to Pattaya dreams of but it just wasn't enough.   I remind myself of this all the time and have seen it so often: no matter how much they get, they still want more.  Enough is never enough.

I have read other stories similar to this.   It may be a good that my Thai wife is richer than I am!!

Are you thinking of starting a business in Pattaya when you retire? Maybe an Aussie style near pie and sausage roll shop.

Or put on a sausage sizzle once a week, I'd come down from Bangkok for that. Might be a bit expensive but,  cos you'd have to import the proper Aussie snags, Tip Top bread, Meadowlea margarine and Big Red tomato sauce. Or whatever brands you grew up with.

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Are you thinking of starting a business in Pattaya when you retire? Maybe an Aussie style near pie and sausage roll shop.

Or put on a sausage sizzle once a week, I'd come down from Bangkok for that. Might be a bit expensive but,  cos you'd have to import the proper Aussie snags, Tip Top bread, Meadowlea margarine and Big Red tomato sauce. Or whatever brands you grew up with.

"Tinnie's Pies" Jomtien already has that well covered.

https://www.tinniespiespattaya.com/

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, dddave said:

"Tinnie's Pies" Jomtien already has that well covered.

https://www.tinniespiespattaya.com/

Oh I forgot about that place on my last visit for a 90-day report, I was too busy rushing to get a songthaew from Soi 5 Jomtien to Soi 13 Pattaya for a full English at The Sportsman.

PS. thanks for not laying into me about my poor proofreading, of course I meant "meat pies" not "near pies" 🤦

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Oh I forgot about that place on my last visit for a 90-day report, I was too busy rushing to get a songthaew from Soi 5 Jomtien to Soi 13 Pattaya for a full English at The Sportsman.

PS. thanks for not laying into me about my poor proofreading, of course I meant "meat pies" not "near pies" 🤦

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, grain said:

Another was the muscle guy who used to feed the Soi dogs nightly , haven't seen him for years ,but that to me is someone I admire 

Yep, that muscle guy was such an admirable person, apart from feeding stray dogs he also pimped young Thai girls, he used to beat the living daylights out of people, he was wanted for criminal activities in Thailand, Australia, New Zealand. 

Sharky.....

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are a few members on this forum that can't seem to get enough of themselves, and have been posting voraciously as of late. Typically their posts do not have much in the way of content or meaning. 

You know who I am referring to. 

But....nobody forces you to read. Just scroll on.☺️

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/12/2023 at 8:20 AM, Prubangboy said:

Can we hear more about your ga-ga man crush on the guy who owns a bookstore? This is like your 3rd love letter to him. Prob just someone who was superficially polite to him, instead of just waving him off as usual.

Odds of the OP attending a book club meeting: Considerably less than zero. What dog-eared paperback did you buy for 150 baht to support your dream date?

.He admires people that have done worthwhile things with lasting effects.  

On 11/12/2023 at 8:20 AM, Prubangboy said:

Can we hear more about your ga-ga man crush on the guy who owns a bookstore? This is like your 3rd love letter to him. Prob just someone who was superficially polite to him, instead of just waving him off as usual.

Odds of the OP attending a book club meeting: Considerably less than zero. What dog-eared paperback did you buy for 150 baht to support your dream date?

Shades of gray ?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Mr Sharky still has his penthouse 2 br condo at the top of View Talay 6. 

I saw him at the lift one morning. Scared the crap out of me. Was too scared to talk to him. 

I used to see him at the gym. Asked him to ‘spot’ me, but he declined as the weight was too much for him to handle. To be fair, it probably would have been safer to have one person on either side. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Define "successful"?  In the bar world, Bryan from the Nightwish Group probably meets the category.  Or 'Mr Egg' (Phil) from Le Pub and other enterprises.  The owner of the Rock House has also had a successful long-term business.

He modified his criteria to ‘admirable’. I’m not sure any of those that you have mentioned fit that criteria. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NextG said:

More ‘odd’ than a sex tourist who doesn’t care about his mark? You seem so quick to label people. Everyone is odd in some way. Why do you feel the need to try to ‘boost’ yourself by attempting to denigrate others. What good do you do for others?

I'm guessing you're one of those dog feeders? 😄 i could have guessed

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing you're one of those dog feeders? 😄 i could have guessed

Actually, I used to see a German taking care of the dogs around Phra Tamnak Hill. Administering medical treatment if necessary. I certainly respect him and his actions more than a sex tourist who thinks the locals should respect him because he spends some money. The locals agree with me. 
So ‘odd’ to you is something that is respected by the locals and the general community. Sex tourists are not respected by anyone. So who is ‘odd’?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, NextG said:

Actually, I used to see a German taking care of the dogs around Phra Tamnak Hill. Administering medical treatment if necessary. I certainly respect him and his actions more than a sex tourist who thinks the locals should respect him because he spends some money. The locals agree with me. 
So ‘odd’ to you is something that is respected by the locals and the general community. Sex tourists are not respected by anyone. So who is ‘odd’?

still you and you know it

• Haha 2