Those in Pattaya welcome Chinese police in Thailand

snoop1130

The Chinese have been here for generations, and many of the Thai billionaires are of Chinese descent. Some grandads and grannies living near the Hua Lamphong area that I have met don't speak Thai but have been here for 60 years or more. 

I don't understand why the RTP can't find Chinese speaking graduates. It is a popular language here these days. 

Edited by Purdey
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Lisa Hamilton is only thinking  of the money 💰 with more Chinese Tourists 

With that concept Indian Malaysian and European countries get the same their policeman protecting their Tourists in Thailand 

What kind of message does that send out 

Thailand’s ⁰police not capable of doing the job 😱

• Love It 1

In Germany and the 80s I saw how the US military police worked when a German tried to flirt with an American girl in a bar quarter and one of her friends got angry. The German was told to stay away. That must have been surreal for him in his country 40 years after WW2 had ended.

If a Chinese police(wo)man would interfere when I flirt with a Chinese student here, there would certainly be trouble.

• Confused 1

Many countries have complained about "unofficial" Chinese police stations in their countries. Are they here already.

I can't see Chinese tourists welcoming them since I understand that groups must put up with "minders" or "monitors" from the CCP already. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Many countries have complained about "unofficial" Chinese police stations in their countries. Are they here already.

I can't see Chinese tourists welcoming them since I understand that groups must put up with "minders" or "monitors" from the CCP already. 

Quite.  I was surprised to read 2 pages of this thread and no one mentioned the secret Chinese police stations all over the world. Who could believe they don't exist here already. This scheme would make that one much easier to execute though.

Edited by Slip
too 55
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 1:19 AM, sqwakvfr said:

So “Lisa” Hamilton  believes Chines tourists would have confidence in Chinese Police while they are in Pattaya?  “Conflict” with Thai Police while as aforeign visitor is in Thailand?  Does this “logic” apply now to all foreigner visitors?  Next time I go to Pattaya I want officers from the LAPD to patrol the streets to ensure my safety.  Truly this is an example of “TIT. 

Suppress illegal activities by Chinese, does that mean closing down illegal gambling dens, and Thai police can't do this, where's my face? 

I'm glad that the plan has been scuttled