'Airflow' instead of scaling & polishing?

Gaccha

With the new 'Airflow' tech (Hydroprophy jet) introduced to Thailand, can it be used as a replacement for the scaling and polishing?

My teeth have no fillings and have never had any issues. I take good care of my oral hygiene. 

It seems Airflow is probably enough? I see it is a around a third cheaper, and much quicker. I always felt the scaling and polish procedure was like bringing a machine gun to a fist fight (at least... if you clean and fluoride regularly). 

Anyone had it or a dentist recommend it? What were the results like? 

The airflow or whatever they call it is definitely less aggravating.  The scale and polish technique isn’t much fun.  

I recently visited a dentist in Bangkok for a checkup and cleaning.  The dentist used the airflow.  It seems like a water jet/ultrasonic type deal and they were done in no time.  Unfortunately, I needed a few fillings for the first time in 60 years.  I had those done a month later and they didn’t use anything to numb my nerves. They used a laser to remove the decay and then used some sort of filling that was the same color as my teeth. Apparently, the laser is a pulse laser and each individual pulse is very short, so the nerves in the teeth are never triggered.  The entire episode was a breeze.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, jas007 said:

The airflow or whatever they call it is definitely less aggravating.  The scale and polish technique isn’t much fun.  

I recently visited a dentist in Bangkok for a checkup and cleaning.  The dentist used the airflow.  It seems like a water jet/ultrasonic type deal and they were done in no time.  Unfortunately, I needed a few fillings for the first time in 60 years.  I had those done a month later and they didn’t use anything to numb my nerves. They used a laser to remove the decay and then used some sort of filling that was the same color as my teeth. Apparently, the laser is a pulse laser and each individual pulse is very short, so the nerves in the teeth are never triggered.  The entire episode was a breeze.

you can ask for anesthetic otherwise they kick off without