non-o marriage visa 90 days how many times a year can i apply ?

Hello friends

I have searched but could not locate an answer so i am opening a new thread sorry if this answered before but i need help.

I don't plan on staying at thailand 12 months a year  ,  but 6-8 months a year . I don't want to deal with marriage extension 12 month with many paperwork and opening bank account troubles(they didnt let me last time i tried with my o visa)

I am going to apply for a 90 day visa based on marriage in my home country which is relatively easy less paperwork at  embassy .maybe extend it 2 months total 5 month at thailand and come back to home country stay 2-4 months for  business and later apply same visa in the same year in my country.

so is there a limit on applying non-o visa based on marriage(90 days). if i apply it 2-3 times a year is it acceptable?

The problem is thai embassy here do not answer  phones only way to communicate with them is go to capital city and make an online appointment  for 1 month later.

Sorry again if this question answered here .

Thanks 

25 minutes ago, lambaci said:

I am going to apply for a 90 day visa based on marriage in my home country which is relatively easy less paperwork at  embassy .maybe extend it 2 months total 5 month at thailand and come back to home country stay 2-4 months for  business and later apply same visa in the same year in my country.

You can obtain a non O based on marriage and subsequently obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Don't understand why you could not open a bank account with a non O.

Did you apply in Bangkok? 

If you stay 8 months imo your plan is not best option.

Enter Thailand with a non O and obtain ongoing 12 month extensions based on marriage.

The financials is a very low hurdle given funds do not need to remain in bank.

Think you are making easy difficult. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain a non O based on marriage and subsequently obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Don't understand why you could not open a bank account with a non O.

Did you apply in Bangkok? 

If you stay 8 months imo your plan is not best option.

Enter Thailand with a non O and obtain ongoing 12 month extensions based on marriage.

The financials is a very low hurdle given funds do not need to remain in bank.

Think you are making easy difficult. 

thanks for answer but now you will understand me.

I tried to make 12 month visa extension before covid 2018  .

I tried to open bank account 1 month every working day at bangkok this is my short story;

i was also reading this forum as many have suggested i went central bangkok and visited at least 30 branches of banks with my non o visa with a nice suit  and wife to open a bank account. Most of them just denied as they required work permit . Others said if you have eu or us passport we would help you even one of them said your country passport is not welcome here (Turkish) My wife is a village girl she hate bangkok chaos also do i . I never saw her cry she cried i will never take her to a bank to open a bank account for me ever again.

So i took 400k cash from wife uncle(very very big money for them) and visit another branch i forgot krungski or something where uncles relative work,  they welcomed me very nice when they see the money start process after 1 hour bank manager came and asked me where i found the cash like i am a thief:) from the look of his eyes i understood this wont end well. I never argued i said ok if you dont like it i won't do it and left. 

Even if i open a bank account other processes for 12 month extension i know they will make it hell for me. When thai officials see Turkish passport you have to see their eyes:) with fear with anger i dont know why.

Not only that i have registered my Turkish  marriage certificate  in thai ampur(which we had translated and stamped in foreign affairs) even that did not went smooth because they made us wait 3 days until they get confirmation from foreign affairs again and again  for i  don't know confirming my papers are not fake or something. they asked my wife 10 times are you sure this man telling the truth lol.

now if i can get a easy 90 days visa from my country with respect and paper free looks more easy to me than going through this hell again.

Now you can ask me are you old farang married to a young thai lady who married me for money(which i respect who do that)

I am 43 my wife 35 i am a good looking fit man also my wife is pretty (can be opposite who cares) 

13 minutes ago, lambaci said:

I am 43 my wife 35 i am a good looking fit man also my wife is pretty (can be opposite who cares) 

Exactly "who cares" .

So cut to the chase you are saying a Turkish guy cannot obtain ongoing extensions based on marriage to a Thai national. 

As I mentioned earlier an agent can assist with bank account especially if you have a non O .

Stick with your plan others above have pointed out it's a valid pathway.

On an aside...why did the uncle need to come up with 400k.

Couldn't you have transferred funds to wife account. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly "who cares" .

So cut to the chase you are saying a Turkish guy cannot obtain ongoing extensions based on marriage to a Thai national. 

As I mentioned earlier an agent can assist with bank account especially if you have a non O .

Stick with your plan others above have pointed out it's a valid pathway.

On an aside...why did the uncle need to come up with 400k.

Couldn't you have transferred funds to wife account. 

the problem is i asked an  agent office  they said he don't want to do deal with Turkish passport :) 

i had very short time left on my visa i dont remember but maybe 2 weeks if i transfered with swift it could more than 2 weeks to arrive maybe never... i was in doubt even if thailand accept money from Turkish banks at that point ! . many don't know but even paypal and transferwise was banned in Turkey for an option. swift or western union was my only option and who in right mind use western union for big money?

I recently returned from six months in Thailand. I started with a 90 day based on marriage, then extended that for 60 days at my local immigration office. As that 60 days was nearing completion, the wife and I spent the day in Laos and I returned with another 30 day extension. That was as long as we were planning to stay, so we didn't apply for a tourist visa in Savannakhet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lineofentry said:

You can get up to 15 months multiple entry on a one year non imm O based on marriage from Thai Embassy. Print off form, post with passport, paperwork and fee cheque. No financials required just do 90 day border stamps.

They want 400,000 Bht in a bank to get this one now...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lambaci said:

Some countries offer a one-year non-O visa based on marriage, which gives you 90-days stay at each entry and is valid for one year; i.e. you can get almost one year and three month if you enters last time the day before the visa expires. You need to extend stay with 60 days based on marriage to get more than 90-days in Thailand or make a visa-run to a neighboring country, which I presume still can be done by land border crossing, perhaps others can verify.

I used one-year non-O the first couple of years I was here – by that time I could get it based on retirement – and crossed the border to Cambodia for a lunch break to get my next 90 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Some countries offer a one-year non-O visa based on marriage, which gives you 90-days stay at each entry and is valid for one year; i.e. you can get almost one year and three month if you enters last time the day before the visa expires. You need to extend stay with 60 days based on marriage to get more than 90-days in Thailand or make a visa-run to a neighboring country, which I presume still can be done by land border crossing, perhaps others can verify.

I used one-year non-O the first couple of years I was here – by that time I could get it based on retirement – and crossed the border to Cambodia for a lunch break to get my next 90 days.

it's referred to a a multiple-entry non-O, not a "one-year non-O" and this option was already covered by @lineofentry above.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lineofentry said:

You can get up to 15 months multiple entry on a one year non imm O based on marriage from Thai Embassy. Print off form, post with passport, paperwork and fee cheque. No financials required just do 90 day border stamps.

MENO is a good option IF Ankara allows it. 

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lineofentry said:

Almost 17 months actually.  Enter on the day before the visa expires - gives 90 days after expiry = 15 months.  However, all entries, including the last one can be extended by 60 days (based on marriage). So 90 + 60 = 150 days after the final entry = 17 months.

• Like 1

If you are only needing 5 months at a time. The single entry non-O + 60 day extension is probably your best bet. 

In the UK they want £1000 on a bank statement for a single and £10000 in the bank for a multi entry.

(More stringent about giving the Multi these days) So your RTE will be similar probably.

If you have clear breaks of weeks  between single entries, especially if you return to your home country, don't anticipate it would be a problem...

The multi non-O is an excellent visa, when I had them previously, but I was returning to the UK often.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UKresonant said:

If you are only needing 5 months at a time. The single entry non-O + 60 day extension is probably your best bet. 

In the UK they want £1000 on a bank statement for a single and £10000 in the bank for a multi entry.

(More stringent about giving the Multi these days) So your RTE will be similar probably.

If you have clear breaks of weeks  between single entries, especially if you return to your home country, don't anticipate it would be a problem...

The multi non-O is an excellent visa, when I had them previously, but I was returning to the UK often.

A recent thread that I can't quickly locate suggests that MENO is no longer available from London. This was apparently confirmed in an email from the Embassy after the poster noted that the "Multiple" option was no longer available in the no. of entries drop-down box.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

A recent thread that I can't quickly locate suggests that MENO is no longer available from London. This was apparently confirmed in an email from the Embassy after the poster noted that the "Multiple" option was no longer available in the no. of entries drop-down box.

That's a pity, I had seen the post that the tick box had disapeared after the e-visa site was changed. But had not seen the embassy had said no more! 

MEMO  was great for allowing forward  planning of  flights well in advance and spontanious short breaks out of Thailand. Quickest turnaround I did was 8 days, strangely that included a couple of days trip to RTE London to renew the daughter's Thai Passport , (just before COVID hit). 

8 hours ago, UKresonant said:

That's a pity, I had seen the post that the tick box had disapeared after the e-visa site was changed. But had not seen the embassy had said no more! 

MEMO  was great for allowing forward  planning of  flights well in advance and spontanious short breaks out of Thailand. Quickest turnaround I did was 8 days, strangely that included a couple of days trip to RTE London to renew the daughter's Thai Passport , (just before COVID hit). 

Found it! Goggle search for aseannow.com "multiple entry"...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1310614-more-multiple-entry-non-o-woes/?do=findComment&comment=18483097

On 11/27/2023 at 4:21 PM, UKresonant said:

Sadly, multi non-o marrige does not exist anymore.