Iran says it helped broker release of Thais held in Gaza

webfact

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Then why didn't they get all the Thai workers back? What's this game being played by holding some in captivity?

hostage negotiations are often fragile, prone to mistrust, misunderstanding, misleadings, mistakes it's really not surprising they're not going smoothly.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Really? and you believe Iran and the Hezbollah yes? and who pays, arm and back those terrorist groups over many years with trillions of dollars, to slaughter rocket and bomb kill Jews (and non Jews as we have seen) destroy Israel  they hate so much?...

And who backs and arms Israel?

The USA.

Who could stop this unjust and murderous campaign in Gaza?

The USA on one side and Iran on the other

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Really? and you believe Iran and the Hezbollah yes? and who pays, arm and back those terrorist groups over many years with trillions of dollars, to slaughter rocket and bomb kill Jews (and non Jews as we have seen) destroy Israel  they hate so much?...

Exactly... but some really will not want to see this at all. 

Iran painting themselves as the 'white knight' examples a degree of hubris combined with overwhelming hypocrisy. 

But.. they've opened themselves up... How exactly did they secure a direct line of communication with Hamas if they weren't already in contact ???....  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Hamas are Sunni Muslim. Qatar has been a sponsor for long time to Hamas.

Hezbollah, Yemen and Iran are Shia Muslim.

Hamas uses majority of DIY weapons/rockets. 

Again, there's no Iranian involvement in providing weapons and cash to sponsor the 7th of October attacks of Hamas.

That Iran helped releasing the Asian hostages is good news for all.

Will Iran be making any attempts to bring the Hamas murderers rapists and child abductors and war criminals to justice ?

Will the kidnappers/hostage takers  face justice for their crimes ?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Will Iran be making any attempts to bring the Hamas murderers rapists and child abductors and war criminals to justice ?

Will the kidnappers/hostage takers  face justice for their crimes ?

OP is about Iran influence for Asian hostages taken by Hamas in Israel and exchanged for Palestinian hostages.

The rest is off topic (as usual).

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

OP is about Iran influence for Asian hostages taken by Hamas in Israel and exchanged for Palestinian hostages.

Iran getting involved with Hamas and joining in with negotiations between various parties .

What does Iran plan to do with the Hamas criminals and how to deal with their crimes is on topic 

Iran helped to free the hostages , now does Iran plan to bring the hostage takers to justice ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly... but some really will not want to see this at all. 

Iran painting themselves as the 'white knight' examples a degree of hubris combined with overwhelming hypocrisy. 

But.. they've opened themselves up... How exactly did they secure a direct line of communication with Hamas if they weren't already in contact ???....  

There's still a Hamas leadership in Qatar, not so far from Iran by the way if you need a direct communication line...

Edited by Thorgal
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from link :

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hamas-releases-17-hostages-exchange-39-palestinians-sunday-rcna126676

"Seventeen hostages held by Hamas in the Gaza Strip were released Sunday as part of the cease-fire and hostage exchange agreement between Israel and the militant group. Israel released 39 Palestinians, all of whom are minors, from its prisons in return, according to a Qatari spokesman."

Innocent Israeli Hostages released for Palestinian child terrorists and women prisoners. Some of whom were members of Hamas and other terrorist organizations. I know your a Hamas terrorist supporter but do you really want to go through this again......

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Of course you can believe anything Iran says.  Yeah, right.

You can believe some. That Iran got connections, leverage and communications with Hamas is real enough. That it's an easy diplomatic gain for Iran, and a way off one hook for Hamas is easy to figure out.

14 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Hamas are Sunni Muslim. Qatar has been a sponsor for long time to Hamas.

Hezbollah, Yemen and Iran are Shia Muslim.

Hamas uses majority of DIY weapons/rockets. 

Again, there's no Iranian involvement in providing weapons and cash to sponsor the 7th of October attacks of Hamas.

That Iran helped releasing the Asian hostages is good news for all.

Your nonsense comments about Shia/Sunni are dully noted. Considering you're almost surly aware they are misleading, nothing but your usual trolling.

As for Hamas weapons being mostly DIY - that's an obvious lie, I don't think they actually produce that many small arms, rpg's, anti-tank missiles, drones and so on. Rockets and rocket launchers, up to a certain size/range/technology maybe so - but definitely not all. Iran not supplying Hamas with arms is something you claim - and you are hardly a reliable or unbiased source considering your dodgy posting history.

Edited by Morch
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, alavic said:

The main sponsors and friends of Hamas are Türkiye and Qatar. But Türkiye and Qatar are not independent players; they are supervised by England. Hamas has fought with Iran on many occasions. Now Israel wants to make Iran responsible for the behavior of Hamas in order to drag America into a war with Iran.

I'm not aware that Turkey sponsors Hamas, at least not in any way military.

Turkey and Qatar being 'supervised' by 'England' is a crackpot nonsense conspiracy theory.

Hamas fighting with Iran? Where? When?

I doubt you'll bother (or be able) to support any of these allegation/comments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Trying to keep themselves from being bombed back to the stone age, I am sure Israel will get to them as soon as they are finished with Hamas and Hezbollah. Unlike the terrorist groups, Iran is a country, they won't be hiding in tunnels with civilians as shields. 

I'm sure you'd like that, and maybe (some) Israelis would too - in reality Israel cannot effectively take on Iran without risking grave results. Even Hezbollah would be a bit of a tall order.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, placnx said:

Iran helped to mitigate the unintended consequences of the agricultural workers caught up in the Hamas attack. These workers seem to have been overlooked in the main negotiations, so it's good that Iran was able to help.

How do you mean 'unintended consequences' ? Thais were deliberately murdered on the 7/10 attack. Thais were deliberately taken hostage on the 7/10 attack. Thais held as hostages were not released for 7 long weeks. So again - 'unintended' how?

And 'overlooked in the main negotiations'? How do you know that?

More than Iran trying to mitigate anything, it reads like you are trying (and failing) to mitigate Hamas actions.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Thorgal said:

I didn't blame the messenger. The messenger his "credible links" were not reliable and too biased. It's based on Iranian opposition and I could not trace it on "mediabiasfactcheck" too. So I didn't blame anybody. I just pinpointed that the sources used are not reliable for me.

Writing : "Just say you have no clue at all, its fine..." without providing feedback or response to my post and not adding reliable links is...rather contradicting yourself. (LOL)

Well, not reliable 'for you' doesn't mean a whole lot. You're not an authority on sources, you've posted your share of super-biased ones since this topics on the conflict started, and you have no issues with biased sources in general, so long as they fit your agenda.

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

And far more that you can trust Israel or the IDF.

Iran has nothing to gain whereas Israel and the IDF have a lot to lose. 

@billd766

Iran gains a diplomatic 'win', and demonstrates that it's central to politics in the ME. Also a bit of goodwill from Thailand.

I don't believe you believe the 'nothing to gain' bit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

And who backs and arms Israel?

The USA.

Who could stop this unjust and murderous campaign in Gaza?

The USA on one side and Iran on the other

@billd766

So Israel's campaign is 'murderous' while the Hamas attack was...what? Funny how you keep all them bad descriptors for one side's actions.

Hamas could stop this at any time, of course - but not expecting you to make the obvious point. Too far gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorgal said:

Since when do you care about going off topic?

Back under your bridge, troll.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, blazes said:

No, the war would not stop even if US and Iran stopped funding etc.

Why not?

Cos "from river to sea, Palestine shall be free" - in other words, Hamas and other similar terrorist groups will never give up on their fanatical determination to exterminate the Israeli population. 

If you cut off the weapons supply and funding from both sides it is hard to fight a war without funds and ammunition,