Most exciting thing you've done in Thailand

bignok

18 minutes ago, bignok said:

I shot 76 age 14 on a former Qld open course. Norman and Langer played there.

Not bad for a kid.

The world is full of 14 yo kids who can shoot 76 or better. How many of them go on to become champions at varying levels is an entirely different question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The world is full of 14 yo kids who can shoot 76 or better. How many of them go on to become champions at varying levels is an entirely different question.

True. I think body structure matters. Some are made for sport some not. Most good golfers are short to average. Ian Woosnam hit the ball miles was short. Langer was short. Baker Finch was tall but was a gun putter before choking later. The 6 foot 6 guys tend to lack a good short game but hit it miles. All the top players I saw had very quick wrists thru the ball. Tiger's height would be the maximum youd want.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Legend says it's the number of nips one can get out of a bottle of whisky. By the time the round is finished, most golfers don't care what their score is.

Whisky is 750ml. Might have been less back then

I took my son for a game of golf. On the second hole there was a tree about 40 feet high half-day down the fairway. I told my son "When I was your age, I could hit a golf ball over the to pop of this tree from the tee off. My son tried 4 times, and every time the ball hit the tree and fell to the ground.

He said "Dad, I don't believe that you could clear this tree from the tee off. No-one can do it"

I said "When I was your age, the tree was only 2 feet high"

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stoner said:

keeping with the topic. most exciting thing would be the foresome or meeting the former secretary to the king. really cool guy. 

Two of my golfing highlights - playing the Old Course at St. Andrews, and Pine Valley in the USA.Special memories.

Edited by Lacessit

28 minutes ago, bignok said:

Small concert. 10 people there.

You would only know that if you were there, must have missed you. About 300 there in pop up beer garden. If you were there you would have known pic taken against the side of the area.

Edited by proton
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Sounds interesting. What part of Thailand? How does one go about finding such a concert?

Keep a lookout for signs along the road and near wats, ramwong is a bit rarer than other types of concerts. This was in Samut Prakan

IMG_20231128_165704.jpg

Very large troupe not seen often, ladders up to stage to go and dance with them

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sipi said:

Seeing the "Bridge over the river Kwai" and taking the train to Nam Tok for the first time 40 years ago. It was like being in the real life movie.

I did the 5 * hotel with included light and sound show on the bridge. The 5 * hotel was a big disappointment, but the show was pretty good.

• Thanks 1