Re-ENTRY permit at BKK Airport

Hello.

I am considering getting a Re-ENTRY permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport just before my flight, instead of going to Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Is there still have the service for Re-ENTRY permit at the airport ? Which area in the airport ?

Is it open everyday, 24 hours ?

Thank you 

48 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Agree, would be 20 min at our office. Although when I read Chaeng Wattana I have some sympathy for the idea at the airport.

What is point of your post.

Some immigration offices are simple.

CW is not.

Address the OP ...

Airport is very good alternative for reentry permit. .

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cooked said:

I consider getting on a plane to be stressful enough without worrying about getting a re-entry visa. Always do it at my local immigration, one less thing to worry about.

Going to the airport and getting on a plane is stressful ???....   I just don't see how thats possibly stressful ??

What is there to stress about ?

It can be irritating having to queue - but thats about it, isn't it ?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Love It 1

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What is point of your post.

Some immigration offices are simple.

CW is not.

Address the OP ...

Airport is very good alternative for reentry permit. .

It could be said that the Airport is the best 'primary' point for obtaining the re-entry permit as no one is 'going out of their way' to get it done.

There's no need to waste time going to Chaeng Wattana (or another immigration office), unless the person in question lives very close by - its extra time and effort and completely unnecessary.

I have read of posters wanting to get their re-entry permit at Immigration because they are scared they'll forget at the airport, but that leaves one wondering how they get along in life in the first place. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm always getting the multiple re-entry thing when going through the extension thing. Used it twice, I think - but both were indeed emergencies where dealing with this stuff last minute would have been unnecessarily stressful.

Edited by Morch
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Going to the airport and getting on a plane is stressful ???....   I just don't see how thats possibly stressful ??

Stress occurs to different people in different ways under different circumstances. It's a shame that person can't be more like you. You're a true role model. 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It could be said that the Airport is the best 'primary' point for obtaining the re-entry permit as no one is 'going out of their way' to get it done.

There's no need to waste time going to Chaeng Wattana (or another immigration office), unless the person in question lives very close by - its extra time and effort and completely unnecessary.

I have read of posters wanting to get their re-entry permit at Immigration because they are scared they'll forget at the airport, but that leaves one wondering how they get along in life in the first place. 

Everything you say makes total sense until that time when you thought you had left plenty of time to get to the airport. Then there is a major accident on the motorway and you get caught in the middle of it with nowhere to go, as its grid lock. You only just arrive at the airport as the flight is closing and you only just about have enough time to get to the gate let alone get a re entry permit. 

My advise is to always get it before, just in case, you never know.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jimn said:

And for those who plan/know that they will travel, always get at least a single re-entry right after doing your extension. Even in Chaeng Wattana this should be doable same day?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Stress occurs to different people in different ways under different circumstances. It's a shame that person can't be more like you. You're a true role model. 

Your 'butt hurt response' indicates that struck a nerve... are you one of these people who get stressed about such simple things ???

The comment was more of a genuine ask...  what is there to get stressed checking in for a flight ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your 'butt hurt response' indicates that struck a nerve... are you one of these people who get stressed about such simple things ???

The comment was more of a genuine ask...  what is there to get stressed checking in for a flight ?

About 40% of the population have a fear of flying, and that is reflected in all aspects of the flight, starting from before leaving/traveling to the airport.

Last year I had to average 15 to 20 flights a month, through different airports and countries, and I saw people stressed at check-in, immigration, security, waiting at the gate, boarding, throughout the flight and even at baggage claim. Many people find flying a stressful experience.

People deal with these issues in different ways. Myself I tend to just get on with it, but have helped a few others at different times, as I am aware others finding the whole experience difficult.

https://www.stratosjets.com/blog/fear-of-flying-statistics-trends-facts/

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Everything you say makes total sense until that time when you thought you had left plenty of time to get to the airport. Then there is a major accident on the motorway and you get caught in the middle of it with nowhere to go, as its grid lock. You only just arrive at the airport as the flight is closing and you only just about have enough time to get to the gate let alone get a re entry permit. 

There's an awful lot of very specific whatifery in that respones...       in this case you've added just enough 'whatifery' with the 'what if theres an accident on the motorway' delaying you the perfect amount to fit your scenario, but not enough to miss your flight...  

25 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

About 40% of the population have a fear of flying, and that is reflected in all aspects of the flight, starting from before leaving/traveling to the airport.

Last year I had to average 15 to 20 flights a month, through different airports and countries, and I saw people stressed at check-in, immigration, security, waiting at the gate, boarding, throughout the flight and even at baggage claim. Many people find flying a stressful experience.

People deal with these issues in different ways. Myself I tend to just get on with it, but have helped a few others at different times, as I am aware others finding the whole experience difficult.

https://www.stratosjets.com/blog/fear-of-flying-statistics-trends-facts/

From the fear of flying aspect I get that someone could be distracted...  Is that sufficient for someone to forget what the need to do at any airport though ?

I imagine there are different 'degrees of stress'...   but for a 'normal person'... Is the stress sufficient to be so distracted that its better to make a dedicated trip to Immigration to get their re-entry pass when it can be done at the airport ??? - it just seems like massive over-kill to me - really over thinking something quite simple. 

Each to their own anyway - the whole stress aspect of this just struck me as odd...

Edited by richard_smith237

On 11/29/2023 at 10:25 AM, zenplay said:

Is there still have the service for Re-ENTRY permit at the airport ? Which area in the airport ?

Back to the OP....YES to your question re availability of reentry permit at airport is all systems go.

The desk is located left side of security check Zone 2.

For 200 baht they fill in the form, photos etc 

Same deal at DMK....only difference is reentry permit office just immediately past passport control.

it's up to personal preference.

I'm aware of immigration office option.

I NEVER bother even at time of extension.

At CW it can be long wait.

Airport 20-30 mins absolutely max. 

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not everybody's the same - my sister is terrified of air travel. The furthest she'll go from the UK by plane is Jersey and even then she starts stressing weeks beforehand.

Nothing people with that problem can do about it.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:25 AM, zenplay said:

Hello.

I am considering getting a Re-ENTRY permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport just before my flight, instead of going to Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Thank you 

Go to an agent I just got a multi for 4,500 

Edited by Irish star

1 minute ago, Irish star said:

Go to an agent I just got a multi for 4,500 

Star. Not

At airport it's 4000 and you park your bottom for 10 minutes.

Immigration does it all for you.

Pics included.

So you took time to go to agent.

Then what pp returned to you or needed return trip? 

16 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Not everybody's the same - my sister is terrified of air travel. The furthest she'll go from the UK by plane is Jersey and even then she starts stressing weeks beforehand.

Nothing people with that problem can do about it.

Sure... I understand that...     I'm left wondering if that means people with such fear are sufficiently distracted to forget to get their re-entry permit ? and is that really representative of AN members (such as the Op).

Going back the comment made by 'cooked' - that 'getting on a plane to be stressful enough without worrying about getting a re-entry visa'... 

For a regular person (i.e. us posters) living in Thailand, is it getting a re-entry permit at the airport such a big deal and adds so much more stress that its advisable to make a dedicated trip Immigration ???....

... I just think thats over egging it somewhat and making something very simple more effort than it needs to be.

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Star. Not

At airport it's 4000 and you park your bottom for 10 minutes.

Immigration does it all for you.

Pics included.

So you took time to go to agent.

Then what pp returned to you or needed return trip? 

Exactly.... It seems some are really over thinking this... 

Kind of like the guys who suggest get an agent to help you through the driving licence process when its so simple to do it yourself... 

... the difference is 'getting a re-entry permit' is an order of magnitude easier...   

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There's an awful lot of very specific whatifery in that respones...       in this case you've added just enough 'whatifery' with the 'what if theres an accident on the motorway' delaying you the perfect amount to fit your scenario, but not enough to miss your flight...  

Well I can tell you that twice over the past 5 years I have nearly missed my flight despite on both occasions planning on arriving at the airport 3 to 4 hours before departure.

First in the Phillipines travelling from Angeles city to Manila a 3 hour journey took 6 hours and if it wasn't for the fantastic Phillipine Airlines staff allowing a check in way after closure and rushing me to the gate I would not have flown.

Second 2 years ago in the UK, the M25 motorway was completely closed and my friend broke all the laws and back roads to just get me there before check in closed.

Its just not worth the risk.

By the way "whatifery" WTF lol 

15 hours ago, jimn said:

Well I can tell you that twice over the past 5 years I have nearly missed my flight despite on both occasions planning on arriving at the airport 3 to 4 hours before departure.

First in the Phillipines travelling from Angeles city to Manila a 3 hour journey took 6 hours and if it wasn't for the fantastic Phillipine Airlines staff allowing a check in way after closure and rushing me to the gate I would not have flown.

Second 2 years ago in the UK, the M25 motorway was completely closed and my friend broke all the laws and back roads to just get me there before check in closed.

Its just not worth the risk.

By the way "whatifery" WTF lol 

I take 10 international flights from Bangkok every year...  I usually never get to the airport more than 2 hours before hand. 

I've never had an issue in over 20 years... 

I don't think I'll ever want to get to an airport 4 hours early...  thats just too much (IMO) and even the lounges are like zoo's these days... 

But, I can understand if someone overthinks these things they may prefer to give loads of time just so its not a concern.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:46 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Not really. I've been using airports for 57 years, and have seen all sorts of mishaps. even a bomb threat one time in London on the same day that my train was delayed by 5 hours, You want a list?

...  not forgetting any documents of course.....

1. Getting there on time, which in my case involves an 8 hour bus trip + taxi

2. Finding out how to check in. This seems to have changed again recently

3. getting through pass control

5. Walking, sometimes for what seems miles, to your departure lounge

6. By now you are pretty tired and even there isn't a flight delay, you have a long, boring wait ahead.

Of course, some adventure-fatigued, nonchalant James Bond types take all this in their strides and welcome just a bit more bureaucracy on their departure.