American warship, multiple commercial vessels come under attack in Red Sea

CharlieH

Looks like the world is thinking, what we do next, now covid is in the back ground.

cop 28 would be a good target now, Israel on the go, Yemen already 10 years at war, Sudan also busy some time and getting worse again, USA ships provoking at China waters(red this week USA warship), Russia still on the go and some other powder barrels to about to explode.

Maybe to throw in a financial crisis to stir it up.

Ah wait, there are some ships we can fire upon and even a USA warship, lets do it.

All is waiting for new virus to overrule all?

Aliens to land down? And we WILL have instantly our first intergalactic war.

The dumbest thing we ever did, launching contacting probes with info about us. Nucleair power, enough to kill aliens who find it?

They will be angry or not, as they probably know about radio activity.

Or the AGI getting born and it runs out of control?

See where it can go to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFx_UNW9I1U&pp=ygUCYWk%3D

Sorry, the youtube AI didnt allow me to embed it in her, only link.

Now leaders of countries and or groups with no IQ to start killing (dictators they all are), due to system we thrive in.

There are always everywhere bad people on top and making it all a mess.

History shows, it is just human nature.

Well just a Monday morning reading this and think wtf now again.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Another war on top of Ukraine/Russian war must be the last thing the USA wants, any conflict with Iran is going to be a disaster for world trade on top of the world economic crisis we are heading into in 2024. Your little hate post defies all logic. The powder keg that is the middle East doesn't need any extra help from outside to explode as Iran and Russia in Syria are already joyfully meddling in affairs of destabilization.

IMO the US loves wars as long as it's not US boys in bags. The 1% are luvin' it as their bank accounts increase every war. All those weapons they get to sell, and if they can sell high tech much more profit.

But console yourself that it's other people getting blown up, and not you and yours.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's all just somebody else's problem till it's someone that we know comes home in a bag.

The problem is that many of us (and I have also been guilty of it in the past) don't view others as people motivated by the same dynamics as we are,  but as props in their word.  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The problem is that many of us (and I have also been guilty of it in the past) don't view others as people motivated by the same dynamics as we are,  but as props in their word.  

I know for a fact that a large part of the world's population would disagree with everything I say and believe. What else can I do except ignore them? I'm certainly not going to change my mind on my core beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the US loves wars as long as it's not US boys in bags. The 1% are luvin' it as their bank accounts increase every war. All those weapons they get to sell, and if they can sell high tech much more profit.

But console yourself that it's other people getting blown up, and not you and yours.

Wars result in the deaths of the innocent, a thousand years of conflict has shown this but human stupidity stops us from learning from our mistakes. When one considers that even our close cousins, the Chimpanzees, engage in war it would seem that such aggressive behaviour is built into our genes. Reprehensible as this is, there is no excuse for posting false accusations, America, like any major power, has a history of meddling in other countries affairs to the detriment of those countries citizens but there is always a selfish logic behind it, the Ukraine / Russian conflict has the hallmarks of such geopolitical logic but not the Hamas/Israel conflict, this is a war that nobody wants, the roots of which are complicated and deep. During WWII the controlling power of Palestine, Great Britain, promised Palestine to both the Palestinians and the Jews (Israel wasn't a country at that time) in order to gain their help against Germany, after the war Britain tried to halt the influx of the Jewish people from all over the world, it didn't succeed and today we have what we have.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

after the war Britain tried to halt the influx of the Jewish people from all over the world, it didn't succeed and today we have what we have.

I believe that there was a strong influence of zionism in the British establishment, so I doubt they tried very hard to prevent the influx of Jews. They certainly voted for the creation of israel. It's a bit puzzling though, as when zionist terrorists ( the Irgun and Stern gang ) attacked the British, they just ran away and abandoned the place to the UN. They didn't run away in Kenya though.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What else can I do except ignore them? I'm certainly not going to change my mind on my core beliefs.

That does not sound right to me.

Ignore those that disagree with you at your own peril .

Have you ever been wrong? If the answer is yes , then why cant you be wrong now?

If the answer is No, then you are in more trouble than if you ignored everyone who disagrees with you.

But I know you don't really believe your above statement for a fact, because I have seen you not ignore those who disagree with you in this forum :tongue: . I think that like many of us you wish you could ignore them.

Quote  from Against The Wind (Bob Seger)  "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then "

So what can you do? you can fact check yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I believe that there was a strong influence of zionism in the British establishment, so I doubt they tried very hard to prevent the influx of Jews. They certainly voted for the creation of israel. It's a bit puzzling though, as when zionist terrorists ( the Irgun and Stern gang ) attacked the British, they just ran away and abandoned the place to the UN. They didn't run away in Kenya though.

All conflicts have different qualities of gains and losses, ever since Lawrence of Arabia it was clear that the middle East is a riddle trapped in an enigma. Palestine was only trouble for the British with no promise of gain. Kenya had the Mau Mau uprising which didn't have popular support and was brutally put down by British troops who also resorted to torture and murder, there was gain to be had there, conflicts have their own logic. The Arabs are only united in their religion which has caused them to remain static in their development, once a beacon of advanced knowledge in mathematics, science and medicine, they have made backward steps united only in there hatred of the west on whose progress they now rely on. The state of Israel with its European educated populace is an island of progress in between backward looking states who, instead of seeking to benefit from the progress of their neighbour seek to eradicate it, the ferocity of the conflict should be understood from this angle.

On 12/4/2023 at 3:49 PM, soalbundy said:

All conflicts have different qualities of gains and losses, ever since Lawrence of Arabia it was clear that the middle East is a riddle trapped in an enigma. Palestine was only trouble for the British with no promise of gain. Kenya had the Mau Mau uprising which didn't have popular support and was brutally put down by British troops who also resorted to torture and murder, there was gain to be had there, conflicts have their own logic. The Arabs are only united in their religion which has caused them to remain static in their development, once a beacon of advanced knowledge in mathematics, science and medicine, they have made backward steps united only in there hatred of the west on whose progress they now rely on. The state of Israel with its European educated populace is an island of progress in between backward looking states who, instead of seeking to benefit from the progress of their neighbour seek to eradicate it, the ferocity of the conflict should be understood from this angle.

I like what you wrote.  Catholicism did to the Italians (and other Europeans) what Islam did to the Arabs.  Think Galileo and Copernicus and the persecution of Jews. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

Is it 'appropriate' for the Houthis to be launching missiles at Israeli civilians, without them being attacked by Israel first?

This part doesn't seem to bother you much, apparently.

Obviously,  the Houthis are attacking Israel because of years of occupation of Houthia by Israel.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1