UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Israel does not seem to be invested in taking over the Gaza Strip - that's something you claim.

Yes, that is something I claim, and you can see it happening by looking at how the maps of "Palestine" and "Israel" have changed over the past 100 years. :saai:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What a load of <deleted>. However many israelis were killed on October 7 it's more than compensated for by the MANY thousands of dead and even more THOUSANDS of wounded Palestinians, not counting those still buried alive under the rubble. This is just murder in revenge, and eventually even the "do nothing" western governments are going to have to pressure the US to stop israel committing this outrageous barabarity on an almost defenseless population. Shame on every western government that colludes in this obscenity by barbarians.

@thaibeachlovers

Who are you to say what's enough? Did you have that much issue with such ratios when Hamas insisted on a way higher one when conducting prisoner exchanges in the past? Did you have any issue with Hamas leaders initiating this war knowing full well the consequences? Problems with their calls on Gazans to stay put and face the music? Reservations about referring to Gazan deaths as 'necessary sacrifices for the cause'?

As for the population being 'defenseless' - how about urging Hamas to affording them the safety of them tunnels?

I think shame on you for being that far gone that you can't address these issues.

6 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Both are wrong, but you only complain about the Israelis?

Yes, both are wrong. ALL MY POSTS have included my agreement that Hamas has committed atrocities, both on Oct 7 and in the past. I am not pro-Hamas. Most of my posts are in response to people "complaining" about Hamas. I'm just trying to remind them that the blame for all this should not be placed only on one side. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As heard on Al Jazeera it's becoming clear that israel actually does have a plan for after, and it's to take over all Palestinian territory by force. Everything they are doing is designed to make Gaza unlivable, and IMO the atrocities being committed daily in the West Bank are designed to foment a rebellion which would give them an excuse to destroy all Palestinian infrastructure and drive them either into exile or into the desert.

They may think they have won, as they will win the conflict in israel, unless the US is forced by outrage to stop the plan, but they will live in fear of revenge from every Palestinian living outside israel. Even if the conflict stopped tomorrow, it's likely gone too far to have anything resembling peace after. Has netanyahu and his cronies forgotten how many Palestinians live outside Palestine, safe from israeli terror? Endless war awaits israel.

@thaibeachlovers

Oh well...if you heard it on AJ than it must be true. Not that you'd bother providing a link so all could see, of course.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas does not care, Hamas believes the sacrifice of Palestinian people is justified for their goals of wiping out Israel.

The north vietnamese army  was an active participant in killing non combatants in South Vietnam, some for not helping the NVA, some for psychological warfare against the non combatants of the south.  When he says the NVA sacrificed Vietnamese, what he means is, the NVA  murdered to further their ends.  

The North Vietnamese government was also complicit in the violation of the Rule 97, by locating schools, hospitals, nurseries, old age homes, etc, within the industrial buildings and areas that were used to build military arms, using non combatants as human shields!  Although, without researching this on the internet, I am not sure that the north vietnamese government was a signatory to the Geneva Convention rules.   I think not though. 

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

Considering that yesterday you were claiming there are only 'a few' Israeli soldiers in the Gaza Strip, your take on things seems a bit dodgy.

I was wrong in saying that. I do not follow all the day-to-day details on the IMFs invasion of Gaza. They have invaded the north and are now moving into the south. They will continue until they control all of Gaza, and I'm sure they'll then remain there. :saai:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:
1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

es, I agree with everything you said above, especially the last sentence. That also applies to the Zionists in Israel. They want to completely take over what used to be called "Palestine" and either expel all non-Jews or allow them to live in what is now called "Israel" as some lower-class citizens. :saai:

Nonsense.

Just watch and see what happens... :saai:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, radiochaser said:

The north vietnamese army  was an active participant in killing non combatants in South Vietnam, some for not helping the NVA, some for psychological warfare against the non combatants of the south.  When he says the NVA sacrificed Vietnamese, what he means is, the NVA  murdered to further their ends.  

The North Vietnamese government was also complicit in the violation of the Rule 97, by locating schools, hospitals, nurseries, old age homes, etc, within the industrial buildings and areas that were used to build military arms, using non combatants as human shields!

What's worse here is that many of the Hamas terrorist training camps run for Palestinian children in Gaza are run by UN schools

23 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Concerning conflicts, as you know, as of its self, UN has no power of enforcement and heavily constrained by organisational . structure for decision making e.g. Security Council.  However, UN does deliver a great deal of services for the less fortunate. Anyway... Secretary-General Strongly Condemns Attack by Hamas.

https://press.un.org/en/2023/sgsm21981.doc.htm

What has the UN done and said on the Israel-Palestine conflict?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/25/what-has-the-un-done-on-the-israel-palestine-conflict

I was referring to comments made (or rather, not made) by various UN bodies and officials. Spins aside, there was (cannot be sustained now) silence regarding some of the horrific elements of the Hamas attack, while no shortage of condemnation and strong rhetoric when it comes to Israel's actions.

14 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And, the Israelis "regaining their homeland" essentially implies the destruction of Palestine.

That, in essence, is the root of all this 100+ year conflict. :saai:

And you just had to edit the post replied to, of course....

Anyway - I was not advocating Israel conquering and holding on to anything. You, on the other hand, are cheer-leading the opposite.

That difference.

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, that is something I claim, and you can see it happening by looking at how the maps of "Palestine" and "Israel" have changed over the past 100 years. :saai:

You can claim whatever out of context stuff you like - it would still be nonsense. The Palestinians (and their Arab sponsors) had quite a lot to do with the shaping of the Palestinian predicament.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Of course not....he complains about 'the Zionists in Israel' (or other versions of the same nonsense).

I sit, or rather lounge here, corrected.   From some of the wordings of internet comments one could think that Zion/Zionists, are different people  from the Israeli people, and in other internet comments, Zionists and Israelis are the same people.   

I do not refer only to comments on asean now, but also to comments that I read other places on the internet.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I was wrong in saying that. I do not follow all the day-to-day details on the IMFs invasion of Gaza. They have invaded the north and are now moving into the south. They will continue until they control all of Gaza, and I'm sure they'll then remain there. :saai:

How do you mean 'day-to-day'? The Israeli ground offensive in the Gaza Strip have been going on for weeks now. If you were not aware of this, it means that you have no clue, and no interest beyond airing old school anti-Israeli rhetoric. Considering you are unaware of basic facts, reality and so on - what you are 'sure' of is meaningless.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Just watch and see what happens... :saai:

How about you watch and see what happens, as apparently you didn't bother doing so the last month.

Or you could wait with your pronouncements about what's to come and wait for them to materialize first.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:
23 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And, the Israelis "regaining their homeland" essentially implies the destruction of Palestine.

That, in essence, is the root of all this 100+ year conflict. :saai:

And you just had to edit the post replied to, of course....

Anyway - I was not advocating Israel conquering and holding on to anything. You, on the other hand, are cheer-leading the opposite.

That difference.

I put "regaining their homeland" in quotes because that is not true of the Israelis. 

Palestinians are trying to hold onto their homeland. Israelis (Zionists) are trying to conquer someone else's (Palestinians') homeland.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas does not care, Hamas believes the sacrifice of Palestinian people is justified for their goals of wiping out Israel.

Hamas must be the most ignorant, stupid and dumb in the whole business of terrorism to think they can win over Israel, not remembering that Israel posses big arsenal of Thermonuclear weapons of mass distractions that, if need be and as a last resort, will be deployed even on far away enemies such as Iran and it's proxies...

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I put "regaining their homeland" in quotes because that is not true of the Israelis. 

Palestinians are trying to hold onto their homeland. Israelis (Zionists) are trying to conquer someone else's (Palestinians') homeland.

In Hebrew there's a saying: "he who come to kill you, kill him first", the Jews in Israel has no other place to but the place they're now and will defend this land to the last men/women and the last drop of blood, the sooner those terrorist understand that the better for everyone...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

In Hebrew there's a saying: "he who come to kill you, kill him first", the Jews in Israel has no other place to but the place they're now and will defend this land to the last men/women and the last drop of blood, the sooner those terrorist understand that the better for everyone...

ezzra, I'm sure that's true. But I suspect it's also true of the Palestinians and most other people, for that matter. So, not only the "terrorists" (Hamas) should understand that but also the Zionists (Hebrews who are intent on taking over Palestine).

That, in fact, has been the brunt of all my messages so far... :saai:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

ezzra, I'm sure that's true. But I suspect it's also true of the Palestinians and most other people, for that matter. So, not only the "terrorists" (Hamas) should understand that but also the Zionists (Hebrews who are intent on taking over Palestine).

Don't get me wrong, but my heart and of many other Israelis go out seeing the death and destruction that this war inflicting on the Palestinian people, but they have chosen to let the Hamas represent in this endless conflict, a poor choice that will continue to take a huge toll on them...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Don't get me wrong, but my heart and of many other Israelis go out seeing the death and destruction that this war inflicting on the Palestinian people, but they have chosen to let the Hamas represent in this endless conflict, a poor choice that will continue to take a huge toll on them...

I'm sure that is true, and I'm sure a lot of Israelis don't approve of all the actions taken by the IDF. But this will be an "endless conflict" because both sides genuinely believe the land in question is theirs. So until either one side completely conquers the other, or the two sides agree to share the land in some form, either a two-state solution or a one-state solution that guarantees equal rights for all, this conflict will be "endless." :saai:

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That is your opinion, not fact. That you embrace the Palestinian narrative doesn't make it true.

41 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Hamas must be the most ignorant, stupid and dumb in the whole business of terrorism to think they can win over Israel, not remembering that Israel posses big arsenal of Thermonuclear weapons of mass distractions that, if need be and as a last resort, will be deployed even on far away enemies such as Iran and it's proxies...

Oh yeah....the wisdom of using such weapons on one's doorstep....maybe rethink that piece of strategic genius?

30 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And your messages are mostly biased nonsense, with little relevance to reality.

Zionist does not necessarily imply what you claim. Most of Israel's Center-Left political parties are Zionist. None of them advocates what you claim.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm sure that is true, and I'm sure a lot of Israelis don't approve of all the actions taken by the IDF. But this will be an "endless conflict" because both sides genuinely believe the land in question is theirs. So until either one side completely conquers the other, or the two sides agree to share the land in some form, either a two-state solution or a one-state solution that guarantees equal rights for all, this conflict will be "endless." :saai:

Considering that you, an outsider, cannot bring yourself to refer to Israelis as Israelis, but rely on claptrap 'Zionists', and at the same time denying Israel's rights/claims and so on - what does it imply for those directly involved in the conflict? Your positions on here aren't about compromise, nor are they about acceptance of the other side - they are a full embrace of one side's narrative.

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

And your messages are mostly biased nonsense, with little relevance to reality.

Zionist does not necessarily imply what you claim. Most of Israel's Center-Left political parties are Zionist. None of them advocates what you claim.

And i thought you were one of the good guys who sees and understand how futile and senseless the Hamas efforts are,

and by the way, without Zionism the Jews would have a home and the achievements in every field they had and still have since 1948, what have the so called " Palestinians" have to show ? other than families with 7-8 children each, poor life and no future so much so that non of the other Arab states and countries want them know full well how troublesome the flotsam and jetsam that makes the Palestinian people...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And i thought you were one of the good guys who sees and understand how futile and senseless the Hamas efforts are,

and by the way, without Zionism the Jews would have a home and the achievements in every field they had and still have since 1948, what have the so called " Palestinians" have to show ? other than families with 7-8 children each, poor life and no future so much so that non of the other Arab states and countries want them know full well how troublesome the flotsam and jetsam that makes the Palestinian people...

Reading compensation issues, I think. Try reading my post again, in context, and maybe go slower this time.