TM 30 How long to file ?

On 12/7/2023 at 3:19 AM, teecee said:

How long do you have to file a TM30 , I rent a house and my landlord refuses to do this for me, I arrive on a Friday, which would not give me enough time to complete the task that day , thank you 

If you go by an IMM office bring a copy of your lease and PP and they should enter it for you. Iwas not charged a late fee in Hua Hin at their Kiosk office as I showed up 30 days after my arrival on my Non-O permit but I had a paper TM30 in my passport from the old system.

13 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

It is the Landlord's or Hotels responsibility, unless you own a condo and are staying in it.

Also as you say any fine 'should' be paid by the Landlord/Hotel, but if they don't pay, who gets the problem?

Telling immigration to 'stick' anything is probably not a good idea?

Yes telling any Government official in a foreign country to 'stick it' is not a good idea!

31 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes telling any Government official in a foreign country to 'stick it' is not a good idea!

Been there done that. Buriram IO. I have 3 teenage children. The last thing I need to do is upset immigration. But I won't be siht on.

At every IO they have a rules book. Make sure you know the rules and asked to shown the rule that involves you.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tom H said:

He is not right because it was my job as landlord of my own condo:).

Actually nonsense what he wrote😉 or he just believes what he thinks and insults because he is lonely or whatever issue.

I am not sure that it is me who is posting nonsense.

I am (I would have thought OBVIOUSLY) talking about a situation where you are dependent on a Landlord to file or provide documents.Your circumstances are different so everyone else is talking nonsense and I am lonely. Got it. Immigration can and do refuse to make extensions because a TM30 has not been filed by a Landlord or even because the TM47 is not current, which in turn is/can be* dependent on TM30 being filed.

*I said can be for the benefit of those who have been here 20+ years and never had to file a TM30/47, it varies with Imm Office and also with visa type - seems you can extend a priority work visa without a TM30 being filed and Elite visa files your TM47 seemingly with no TM30 filed.

Edited by mokwit