Israel and Hamas fight house-to-house battles across Gaza

CharlieH

Just now, simple1 said:

Neither a member of the 'intolerant left' or 'free Palestine cult'. Hopefully you can learn from Morchs' posts which are based on local knowledge.

We have only your word for that, but the way you defend anti-Semitic posts on here might tell a different story, you called me ignorant whilst my stance has always been to defend Israels right to defend itself against an evil we have never seen the likes of before, do you deny Israels to defend its citizens, do you believe that this war would not be happening if the Palestinians had not invaded Israel and committed these barbaric crimes, do think Israel should just forget about the hostages that the brainwashed barbarians have kidnapped, the war would be over tomorrow if the hostages were returned, them that are still alive that is, and any civilised human being would have to agree that these scum that committed these vile acts against humanity need bringing to justice, don't you agree?

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 3:36 AM, Wobblybob said:

Some of the diabetic Gazans you must be referring to?

Quote from your Twitter source : "Hamas - More Jihadis captured by the IDF. I say "captured" they actually surrendered" by a certain "RonEnglish"...

Is this an official news source as per forum rules? "RonEnglish" = Mainly upload videos relating to pro native interests & security matters.

These Palestinian men from Gaza were arrested in Northern Gaza and brought into Israel for further interrogations to check any affiliation of Hamas. This is the official narrative.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-condemns-israel-over-images-showing-semi-naked-palestinian-prisoners-2023-12-08/

Their only crime (according to Israel) is that they were remaining in Gaza city and are treated like Hamas militants.

To know that some 30% of Gaza causalities are still under the destroyed buildings and many objects that remained in the north after evacuation could be used to survive in the South of Gaza. 

Quote from source: 

"We are talking about individuals who are apprehended in Jabalia and Shejaia (in Gaza city), Hamas strongholds and centres of gravity," Israeli government spokesperson Eylon Levy told a briefing when asked about the images.

"We are talking about military-age men who were discovered in areas that civilians were supposed to have evacuated weeks ago."

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from your Twitter source : "Hamas - More Jihadis captured by the IDF. I say "captured" they actually surrendered" by a certain "RonEnglish"...

Is this an official news source as per forum rules? "RonEnglish" = Mainly upload videos relating to pro native interests & security matters.

These Palestinian men from Gaza were arrested in Northern Gaza and brought into Israel for further interrogations to check any affiliation of Hamas. This is the official narrative.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-condemns-israel-over-images-showing-semi-naked-palestinian-prisoners-2023-12-08/

Their only crime (according to Israel) is that they were remaining in Gaza city and are treated like Hamas militants.

To know that some 30% of Gaza causalities are still under the destroyed buildings and many objects that remained in the north after evacuation could be used to survive in the South of Gaza. 

Quote from source: 

"We are talking about individuals who are apprehended in Jabalia and Shejaia (in Gaza city), Hamas strongholds and centres of gravity," Israeli government spokesperson Eylon Levy told a briefing when asked about the images.

"We are talking about military-age men who were discovered in areas that civilians were supposed to have evacuated weeks ago."

I saw the israeli spokesman on Al Jazeera talking about that and he didn't say anything about them being Hamas fighters that surrendered. More misinformation by israeli aplologists on here that they were Hamas fighters that surrendered.

Gets rather boring having to correct them.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

We have only your word for that, but the way you defend anti-Semitic posts on here might tell a different story, you called me ignorant whilst my stance has always been to defend Israels right to defend itself against an evil we have never seen the likes of before, do you deny Israels to defend its citizens, do you believe that this war would not be happening if the Palestinians had not invaded Israel and committed these barbaric crimes, do think Israel should just forget about the hostages that the brainwashed barbarians have kidnapped, the war would be over tomorrow if the hostages were returned, them that are still alive that is, and any civilised human being would have to agree that these scum that committed these vile acts against humanity need bringing to justice, don't you agree?

Kindly provide proof of my anti Sematic support. BTW never expressed support for any source of terrorism, so please cease your nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw the israeli spokesman on Al Jazeera talking about that and he didn't say anything about them being Hamas fighters that surrendered. More misinformation by israeli aplologists on here that they were Hamas fighters that surrendered.

@thaibeachlovers

Link?

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Link?

@thaibeachlovers

Coming from someone that routinely fails to supply links to statements (even outrageous ones), this is plain trolling.

Also, considering the number of people you put on  'ignore', maybe you have missed them linked that were posted.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What a despicable, vile comment by the poster you quoted. That guy is a writer, as reported on Al Jazeera.

@thaibeachlovers

Again, from someone making loads of despicable, vile comments, this carries very little weight.

Same for the constant unsupported  'I saw it on AJ' claims.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't you mean israeli propaganda?

@thaibeachlovers

Sure.

Because Israeli propaganda hallmarks are criticizing Netanyahu, and asserting the Israeli illegal settlement effort to be, well, illegal.

Among other such things.

Once more, coming from a member who gets a hard-on every time AJ reports something 'supporting' his views, this is one of your funniest yet.

And don't get me started about your Putin, Trump fetish....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Kindly provide proof of my anti Sematic support. BTW never expressed support for any source of terrorism, so please cease your nonsense.

Is it normal for a right minded poster to insult another by calling them ignorant, who do you think you are.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/1701980659-over-150-hamas-terrorists-surrender-to-idf-forces-in-khan-yunis

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/defense-news/article-777106

https://nypost.com/2023/12/07/news/dozens-of-hamas-terrorists-surrender-to-israeli-soldiers/

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are co-mingling different reports.

Yes, in northern Gaza, Israel is detaining men of military age, who shouldn't be in a combat zone, and could be militants who ditched their gear.

But in southern Gaza, Hamas militants are surrendering to IDF directly. You may be cynical, but in conflicts, somebody always surrenders.

If you know that you'll be tortured and likely come to a sticky end if captured you would probably fight to the death unless wounded too badly to resist.

You posted no valid link about fighters in the south surrendering. The article saying that they were in Khan Yunis, is probably of the same men arrested in the north. It's all on same vdo as seen on Al Jazeera.

If it were actually true, the IDF would be having a news conference about it ( like they did about the civilians arrested in the north ), which you could link to, but you haven't have you, as likely one doesn't exist. If Hamas fighters were actually surrendering, the Americans would be spreading the word with glee as how the valiant israelis were winning the conflict, but they ain't, are they?

However, I will agree with something from one of your links

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/1701980659-over-150-hamas-terrorists-surrender-to-idf-forces-in-khan-yunis

Ari YoDec 08, 2023

...................................... Now, no one is going to like this, however, The IDF and their families are losing soldiers that are approaching (in numbers) just about the same amount Israel has had returned in hostages (or what should be left in hostages, look at it either way). The point, sadly, fallen soldiers don’t return home to their families. And everyone wants everyone home with their family.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your links are IMO pathetic, and do you believe everything you read without checking that it's not made up?

If they were actually fighters, their weapons and webbing would have been put on display, but as they were not fighters they didn't have any, did they. You really have to do better than that if you want us to take you seriously.

If that's how israelis treat unarmed civilians, I am certain that no Hamas fighter will ever surrender unless too wounded to resist.

You seriously believe that zero Hamas militants have surrendered to IDF?

Please, please, please state that the number of surrendered militants is zero, so everyone will know you are delusional.

Yes, we know you despise links because facts are unpleasant for you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yet you posted no valid link about fighters in the south surrendering. The article saying that they were in Khan Yunis, is probably of the same men arrested in the north. It's all on same vdo as seen on Al Jazeera.

If you know that you'll be tortured if captured you would likely fight to the death unless wounded too badly to resist.

No, you are confusing reports from south Gaza, where Hamas militants have surrendered. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No, you are confusing reports from south Gaza, where Hamas militants have surrendered. 

and yet you have no link from a reputable source quoting an israeli or American official spokesman saying that Hamas fighters are surrendering in the south.

You really will have to do better than an israeli propaganda vdo from the Daily Mail. The only bit in the entire vdo that related to fighters "surrendering" was a few seconds of a couple of men crawling out of a hole in the ground, which could have been anyone, and some ammunition which could have belonged to anyone.

The vdo also contained footage of the so called Hamas tunnels in the hospital which turned out to reportedly be a lift shaft and a tunnel apparently built by the israelis themselves.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You seriously believe that zero Hamas militants have surrendered to IDF?

Please, please, please state that the number of surrendered militants is zero, so everyone will know you are delusional.

Yes, we know you despise links because facts are unpleasant for you.

I've seen nothing about Hamas surrendering. If you are so sure they are then you should post a link about it. It's not up to me to verify your claims of fact.

If I despise links so much, why do I post so many?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've seen nothing about Hamas surrendering. If you are so sure they are then you should post a link about it. It's not up to me to verify your claims of fact.

If I despise links so much, why do I post so many?

Please, please, please state that you don't believe any Hamas militants have surrendered.

• Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Please, please, please state that you don't believe any Hamas militants have surrendered.

I can't answer that as I've seen nothing about Hamas fighters surrendering, but you, who are so sure they have, has posted nothing to back up your claim that they have, from a reputable source. Surely you can find something from an official israeli spokesman, perhaps netanyahu himself- surely he would be all over tv praising his valiant troops for capturing Hamas fighters alive, but nothing so far. How about the Americans? Anything from them as to how the israelis are winning the battle?

Come on man, if Hamas was surrendering by hundred, or even by the dozen, it would be HUGE news, and all over the media.

A few dozen civilians in their underpants isn't really much of a coup though. Rather sad, actually, and does not show israelis in a good light that they would treat anyone like that. Bit puzzling though, that the vdo must have come from an israeli soldier, as if they were victorious after a hard fought battle, instead of just rounding up some civilians that were in the wrong place.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't answer that as I've seen nothing about Hamas fighters surrendering, but you, who are so sure they have, has posted nothing to back up your claim that they have, from a reputable source. Surely you can find something from an official israeli spokesman, perhaps netanyahu himself- surely he would be all over tv praising his valiant troops for capturing Hamas fighters alive, but nothing so far. How about the Americans? Anything from them as to how the israelis are winning the battle?

Come on man, if Hamas was surrendering by hundred, or even by the dozen, it would be HUGE news, and all over the media.

A few dozen civilians in their underpants isn't really much of a coup though. Rather sad, actually, and does not show israelis in a good light that they would treat anyone like that. Bit puzzling though, that the vdo must have come from an israeli soldier, as if they were victorious after a hard fought battle, instead of just rounding up some civilians that were in the wrong place.

Israeli forces say Hamas commanders detained and taken to Israel for questioning

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. Evidently, you can't bring yourself to admit that some Hamas militants have surrendered in Gaza.

This is war, and its typical for soldiers on both sides to surrender. I wouldn't doubt that some IDF soldiers in Gaza have been captured. But you are so far enthralled by Hamas that you can't admit that some Hamas types have been captured. Sad.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Israeli forces say Hamas commanders detained and taken to Israel for questioning

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. Evidently, you can't bring yourself to admit that some Hamas militants have surrendered in Gaza.

This is war, and its typical for soldiers on both sides to surrender. I wouldn't doubt that some IDF soldiers in Gaza have been captured. But you are so far enthralled by Hamas that you can't admit that some Hamas types have been captured. Sad.

You really should stop making stuff up, as it just makes you look silly. I did say I hadn't seen any reports of Hamas surrendering, and I didn't say there hadn't been any.

I have never said I am a Hamas supporter, so that is not true ( being polite ).

Yes, inventing things about other posters is sad.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I read your link and the only reference to Hamas is the bit I bolded. I would have expected more to be made of capturing Hamas commanders than three words in a long article. I'm not saying that it's not true, but that isn't much to go on. They don't say who they are, or their seniority, so they could be just minor commanders, equivalent to NCOs.

Military spokesperson Daniel Hagari told reporters on Friday that Israeli forces have detained more than 200 people in the past 48 hours. He said they've taken dozens of them, including Hamas commanders, to Israel for interrogation.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You really should stop making stuff up, as it just makes you look silly. I did say I hadn't seen any reports of Hamas surrendering, and I didn't say there hadn't been any.

I have never said I am a Hamas supporter, so that is not true ( being polite ).

Yes, inventing things about other posters is sad.

You have seen reports of Hamas surrendering, you just don't believe them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Quote me saying I saw and didn't believe, or it's not true.

You don't have a very good memory.

Lots of posts from you today stating you don't believe news reports about Hamas surrendering, worthy of Bagdad Bob.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1