Police Rescue Lost Pit Bulls: Prompt Action Ensures Safety of Community

webfact

26 minutes ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

A bullet to the head of every pit bull,  why this breed of dog exists is totally barbaric,  they are killing machines if left free to roam, 

Unless trained properly to be otherwise of course.. [but not left to roam free]

45 minutes ago, loong said:

The owner is incapable of keeping them away from the public while they are puppies. What chances when they are older?

Exactly - months from now, when the dogs have matured without adequate training and secure housing (where they can't get out into the street)... read the news of a childs face getting bitten off by one of these dogs. 

Any proactiveness by the authorties with these dogs needs to be now...  not reactiveness months down the line when (if) something does happen.... 

... people may mention ticking time bomb... and dog lovers will hate to read that...   but its a sad fact that these dogs can be far more dangerous because of their power - wherever they are, without knowledgeable and careful care these dogs are a trauma waiting to happen.

• Agree 1

Owned by empty-heads and would be tough-guys.

The dogs had no chance from the start.The UK is full of them.

I can remember about 2 or 3 years ago in Chonburi (i think),one of these dogs(that slept with it's owner every night)decided to attack and kill the man while they were sleeping together.

I agree with the bullet theory.

• Like 2

They are NOT 6 month old puppies.  The female has mammary development and large teats, so she has most likely had a litter.

The male has <deleted> nearly as big as mine!!- so again , he is not 6 months!  

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Pit bulls are actually very sociable and friendly dogs, as they have been popular family pets for over a century in the West.

It is only through continued abuse by certain low-life owners who turn them into aggressive and fighting animals that pits have become the "terror" that people assume them to be.

I think your bullets would be misplaced for use on the dogs.

great lovable dogs.  Yeah, they can be made into war machines, but that 's not how they come out of the box.

• Like 1

They can never be trusted. FULLSTOP.

I am a dog lover & bred for 20 years but Pittis are about as dangerous a breed as can get along with another 4 breeds.

I agree with many breeds being well trained make good pets including Rotties  & dobers but there is just far too much evidence in many countries (cold & hot climates), yes it can make a difference,to suggest that pittis can go in this category.

I would applaud any Government that totally banned the breed as a public service.

21 minutes ago, natway09 said:

They can never be trusted. FULLSTOP.

I am a dog lover & bred for 20 years but Pittis are about as dangerous a breed as can get along with another 4 breeds.

I agree with many breeds being well trained make good pets including Rotties  & dobers but there is just far too much evidence in many countries (cold & hot climates), yes it can make a difference,to suggest that pittis can go in this category.

I would applaud any Government that totally banned the breed as a public service.

Totally agree. There have been several cases in the UK (and 1 is too many) where supposedly loving and calm dogs have suddenly gone crazy, without any provocation and killed people.  One I seem to remember, killed an elderly female neighbour of its owner.I've had several breeds of dog over the years - all seemed OK but would I leave them alone with say, young children?  Not a chance. 

It seems however, that with these type of breeds (bull dog types), they just snap without warning. In another recent case in the UK, this time involving XL Bully's, the attack was carried out by more than one dog so there must also be a 'pack instinct' thing going on.  In that case they killed a man on the street who was apparently out walking his own dog when the XL Bully's attacked. I believe that case is still live but the suspicion is that they attacked the man's dog and he tried to protect it. His throat was ripped open.

I believe that these types of dog have been bred over the years for fighting so even if one appears to be placid, its in its nature to attack. You don't wait for a time bomb to stop ticking, you defuse it or destroy it first.

I've heard all the stories where owners claim their dogs are soft and 'wouldn't hurt a fly' - next thing you know they've attacked a child. Ban any type of bull dog breed and all their derivatives and crosses, that's the only way. Today's 'soft' dog could be tomorrow's killer.

XL Bully's, along with Pit Bulls, are now a banned breed in the UK.

Edited by MangoKorat

11 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Well, wait a few months.... you'll see if they are a harm for the community. Maybe some (toddlers) are in hospital already.

They belong behind bars!!😵‍💫 (Dog shelter/kennel/custody)

Totally agree  these dogs turn at any time ,my friend nearly lost his hand after his turned on him after 5 years, when he tried to stop it killing his nephews pet rabbit, the dog was destroyed but my friend still has a mingled hand, I warned him when he first got it, but he thought he would bring it up properly. 

These are not pitbulls, they are not pups these are fully grown American Bullies. I have several at home and these are the least unaggressive breed i have worked with and i was a dog trainer in the military for the majority of my career. Any dog can become a nuisance given the wrong stimuli eg hunger and fear, 

no 1 these are no pitbulls but american bullies (the small kind)

no 2 they are no puppies but full grown

as the police had no problem obtaining them this says everything about their character 

this bread loves humans and have no agression if not teached to them by idiots

anyway if the police can not find a home i would be more than willing to adopt them

they are so ugly that this makes them beautifull

Edited by wazzupnow
adding
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Pit bulls are actually very sociable and friendly dogs, as they have been popular family pets for over a century in the West.

It is only through continued abuse by certain low-life owners who turn them into aggressive and fighting animals that pits have become the "terror" that people assume them to be.

I think your bullets would be misplaced for use on the dogs.

Correct 

On 12/12/2023 at 7:18 AM, wazzupnow said:

no 1 these are no pitbulls but american bullies (the small kind)

no 2 they are no puppies but full grown

as the police had no problem obtaining them this says everything about their character 

this bread loves humans and have no agression if not teached to them by idiots

anyway if the police can not find a home i would be more than willing to adopt them

they are so ugly that this makes them beautifull

Great post. I was about to confirm the same thing (that they are not PitBulls but American pocket bullies).

They really are a couple of cuties. Let's hope they can be found a home and kept together, they seem like best buddies.

• 1 month later...

A friend was walking his dog on a leash 2 weeks ago when 2 pit bulls attacked his dog and nearly killed it,bit bulls are a mean killing machine not meant to be roaming the streets.A child may be next.