Giant Light Towers Installed on Na Jomtien Beach to Please Visitors

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Ten massive light towers have been put up on Na Jomtien Beach to increase visibility at night and please beachgoers.

The 2.1-million-baht project is funded by tax revenue and commenced on September 27th, 2023, and scheduled for completion on December 25th, under the responsibility of Double M International Company Limited, the contractor.

According to Na Jomtien mayor Ms. Rapeepan Ratanaliam, the project involves the installation of 10 light towers, each standing at a height of 20 meters along with control boxes.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-12-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Shuya said:

2,1 Million THB for 10 of these towers including installation, foundation, planning, controls and electric work seems weirdly low.... Maybe forgot a digit? 

I agree 100%....

Take a good look at these lights sometime they are made out of VERY VERY heavy duty steel or some other steel like alloy...And the lights are also BIG TIME heavy duty.... 

I would guess that the total cost for EACH ONE of these could very well cost 2.1 million........So I think closer to 21 million for 10...Plus 50% for you know who.....So lets just call it 30 million...

Edited by redwood1

Come on guys, they are doing this to please the visitors. Who cares about the people living there every day. 

I can just picture all the letters coming to them from tourist suggesting these lights so they can see all the crappy boats parked on the sea there and all the extra light to block even the brightest star.. Noone wants to see those things.. Now they will be able to see and catch those tourists that think they can sex in the darkness on the beach or in the sea at night also. Doubtful it will hinder all those old scraggly women vying for customers all night long on the walkway though. I feel bad for them because with all that extra lighting you will actually be able to see how old and scraggly they really are and will most likely make them lose a lot of customers. 

• Haha 2