currently stuck in Phuket airport (denied entry)

25 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

They have. Citizens of certain countries can arrive by air in Thailand with VFE as often as they like. The problem is the huge discretionary power of the IOs (unlike Europe) and their practice to "allow" entry based on their childish mood swings, denial quotas(?), perceptions of foreigners, and (sometimes) expectation of a bribe...

You don't know much about immigration regs.  There is nothing that says you can come as often as you like, there just no limit number stated like land\sea border entries. That does not equate to you can come as often as you like on visa exempt entries. Yes, immigration has wide discretion of judgement here just like every country in the world. Entitled people just seem to feel they should never be stopped, questioned or denied.  Dont like their process you could go to a friendlier country and not worry about it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I'd love to see you try and deal with that chaos of mass incoming people that don't have a clue what to do or where to go and don't speak the language fluently Nd aren't listening  

Fair enough. But isn't it the IOs' responsibility to speak English (and maybe even Mandarin) fluently? Also, I have been to many airports, but have never seen a 'micro-management' of arrivals and lining up like in Thailand, as most tourists, I'm sure, have enough common sense to know 'how to stand in a queue'... Perhaps, they should just man more counters.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Celsius said:
4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think there is a lesson here on how you visit Thailand.  You can't just wander in and out without a proper visa, normal tourists don't do that.

There are other more appropriate visa's for people who want to come and go regularly, if you are coming and going regularly without a proper visa, the IO has discretion to ruin your trip. Follow the system and do what's expected of you.

What a bunch of boot licking crapola

B0llocks, he's absolutely right.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, siwiek said:

the official policy is that I can't pass into Malaysia for 1 week apparently. So they have instructed me to find another outgoing flight anywhere, but it should be Air Asia. I can't leave this terminal.

earlier this year KL stamped me in for 90  days visa exempt when all i was doing was getting the bus from main terminal 1 to air asia terminal 2. i'm unclear on why this 1 week bizzo for you.

ps phuket io muppet needs to cop a formal complaint and then sacked.  

19 hours ago, siwiek said:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

Is this really true? I mean the way you dress and behave.

I have seen countless Brits straight off the airplane drunk and in their underwear. They seem to roll out a red carpet for those tourists, in Bangkok anyway. Perhaps they know they will be an easy sheep to fleece during the stay.

Thinking long term.

Best not to turn up at an immigration office in that condition. They will take it as a mark of disrespect, and they will make life more than a little difficult for you.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:
23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Even statements such as "show all previous boarding passes" 

That's weird as not possibl.

Who brings all previous boarding passes every time they enter? Irrelevant anyway, as previous entry must have been approved.

Yes, it says a lot about the veracity of the OP's thread.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I have seen countless Brits straight off the airplane drunk and in their underwear.

This is the reason why immigration are so strict at the borders. They're fed up with these fools disrespecting the IO authority. 

Try going through Australian immigration in the above condition, things won't go down well. 

Sadly, some of Thailand's tourist have never grown up, the bottom of the barrel, rejects, uneducated troublemakers, most having mental health issues. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

But is there a rule on total length of stay each year? I can arrive in the Euro Schengen area as often as I like, but there’s a clear 90 of 180 days length of stay rule (...)

No, there isn't. There used to be one ('180 days/a year') almost 20 years ago, though, that has long been abolished, but, contrary to current law, is still being quoted from time to time. While arriving and staying all year round in Thailand should not be a problem, there still seem to be unofficial criteria and quotas at some airports and border posts, asking IOs to deny some tourists nonetheless. Often, as reported here, the reason given is 'insufficient funds', even if one arrived with a briefcase full of money. On the other hand, also, reported here, and mentioned to me by others, there is usually a way around such a denial of entry, which involves cash... TiT!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, positivevibes said:

This is an obvious BS story made up by some bored old falang who's had one too many Leo Strongs. Move on!

This is an obvious bs story made up by some bored young catfish’n millennial that couldn’t handle a single Leo brewski. Continue with the entertainment!

11 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Fair enough. But isn't it the IOs' responsibility to speak English (and maybe even Mandarin) fluently? Also, I have been to many airports, but have never seen a 'micro-management' of arrivals and lining up like in Thailand, as most tourists, I'm sure, have enough common sense to know 'how to stand in a queue'... Perhaps, they should just man more counters.

English and mandarin are not the only 2 languages spoken. Counters aren't the problem 

1 hour ago, siwiek said:

Suddenly the supervisor IO started screaming at various people and then turned and looked at me and said "follow me" the rest is history.

I would assume the IO was frustrated dealing with knee jerking Chinese and lost it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why? A visa is not a guarantee of entry nor an indication that the holder is entitled to enter, IOs are the only ones who can make that decision.

It's unreasonable to have people fly in and get denied at the border and get stuck at the airport.

They need to know if they can enter beforehand.

"They need to know if they can enter beforehand".

Tough titty.  No other countries operate that way so why do you expect that of Thailand?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You don't know much about immigration regs.  There is nothing that says you can come as often as you like, there just no limit number stated like land\sea border entries. That does not equate to you can come as often as you like on visa exempt entries. Yes, immigration has wide discretion of judgement here just like every country in the world. 

Semantics... Yes, of course do IOs in any country have the last word to grant permission of entry, but I still have to travel to another country where I'm not only asked 'why I come so often', but also, in an unprofessional way, are subjected to a moody IO.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2