Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

"

They dynamics are well known, and expected."
You're like a windvane here. When I commented on this a few weeks ago you were denying, and now suddenly it was to be expected? Only a fool did not see this coming.

You were not the only one to make such obvious comments weeks ago, much of the media and even key players in this war did as well. However you are the first to revisit it to try and make a point.

I think the issue of 'war crimes' and posters tossing it about like they knew what they were talking about has been discussed plenty of times.

I also think it's amusing people who berate, denigrate and ridicule Biden on every opportunity, suddenly take his words very seriously.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I do think that Biden is just playing Politics and sitting on the fence .

He is giving full support to Israel and also criticising Israel and making false accusations about incriminate bombings .

That way , both the Pro Israel and Pro Hamas supporters will both still support and vote for Biden in the next election 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I do think that Biden is just playing Politics and sitting on the fence .

He is giving full support to Israel and also criticising Israel and making false accusations about incriminate bombings .

That way , both the Pro Israel and Pro Hamas supporters will both still support and vote for Biden in the next election 

Hard core pro-Israel Christians are Trump supporters. Pro-Hamas are a negligible number in the US. Biden is definitely not pandering to them, since he is still supporting the campaign to eliminate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, placnx said:

This sounds like a Putin screed. The only apartheid in question is that practiced by successive Israeli governments on Palestinians.

We've had that discussion numerous times reverently in various threads , you should have joined in with the discussion then .

I cannot be bothered to go through it all again, someone else may come along though and go through it all over again 

8 minutes ago, placnx said:

Hard core pro-Israel Christians are Trump supporters. Pro-Hamas are a negligible number in the US. Biden is definitely not pandering to them, since he is still supporting the campaign to eliminate.

I did mean that Biden was sitting on the fence and giving both sides enough support, that both sides (Israel and Palestine sided USA democrat voters )will continue to support and vote for him .

Of course Trump supporters aren't going to vote for him , I did mean voters from the Democrat side 

On 12/13/2023 at 10:57 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Is the headline quite biased from the BBC ?

They could have used the angle of "The USA fully supports Israel"

"Biden says most of the World supports Israel"

But the BBC choose a negative (to Israel) angle of the story 

They could have used that but it wouldn't be true. While the US did veto the ceasefire resolution, Biden did call for one previously. Moreover, Biden has said that there has to be a 2 state solution and that's a position currently at odds with Israel.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They could have used that but it wouldn't be true. While the US did veto the ceasefire resolution, Biden did call for one previously. Moreover, Biden has said that there has to be a 2 state solution and that's a position currently at odds with Israel.

When did Biden call for a UN ceasefire resolution before? The previous pause was broken by Hamas with Biden making clear it was their fault.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1