Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've read many posts divorced from reality on this forum, but that one takes top place prize, IMO.

I am extremely pleased to take your award  ..............   I would like to thank my common sense and non-wokeness personality for allowing me to see reason and learn the facts. I know that is hard for some people who are totally under the control of their feelings and emotions, and it makes me so grateful that I am not. I thank you so much - I will treasure this award always.  

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know why you think that if Hamas didn't exist Israel would be nice to Palestinians. Hamas came to be BECAUSE of israeli oppression.

Had not Hamas existed a different organisation would have instead.

It's in human nature to resist oppression. If israel hadn't oppressed Palestinians and allowed a two state solution way back they might have peace now, but we'll never know now.

Hamas and the attacks they commit on Israel is the one and only reason that justifies Israel's actions against Gaza. Once that element is missing Israel couldn't keep doing what it's doing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Hamas and the attacks they commit on Israel is the one and only reason that justifies Israel's actions against Gaza. Once that element is missing Israel couldn't keep doing what it's doing. 

They were doing what they were doing before October 7 before Hamas existed. No reason to believe they would stop the oppression and land theft if Hamas disappears.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They were doing what they were doing before October 7 before Hamas existed. No reason to believe they would stop the oppression and land theft if Hamas disappears.

@thaibeachlovers

That would be you wrong (feeling charitable this morning) again.

There were no such Israeli attacks prior to Hamas taking over.

Reason being it was under Israel's control.

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

That would be you wrong (feeling charitable this morning) again.

There were no such Israeli attacks prior to Hamas taking over.

Reason being it was under Israel's control.

I suggest you google the 6 day war, in 1967, when Israeli forces launched a ground offensive into the Egyptian ruled Gaza. :coffee1:

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I suggest you google the 6 day war, in 1967, when Israeli forces launched a ground offensive into the Egyptian ruled Gaza. :coffee1:

I do think that you are just attention seeking now  , making nonsensical points , just so that he replies to you and explains things to you 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ok, don't you want to or are you incapable of understanding it? 

I don't know how to say it any clearer! 

If Hamas stops the terrorist attacks then Israel won't be allowed to continue what they're doing right now because there won't be any justifiable reason to do so, therefore the global support will shift in favor of the Palestinians and a two state solution, whether Israel likes it or not! 

If you can't understand that then please stop replying to me because there's nothing else to say apart from let's agree to disagree! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Ok, don't you want to or are you incapable of understanding it? 

I don't know how to say it any clearer! 

If Hamas stops the terrorist attacks then Israel won't be allowed to continue what they're doing right now because there won't be any justifiable reason to do so, therefore the global support will shift in favor of the Palestinians and a two state solution, whether Israel likes it or not! 

If you can't understand that then please stop replying to me because there's nothing else to say apart from let's agree to disagree! 

If Hamas stops the terrorist attacks will Israel give their land back and agree to a 2 state solution?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

If Hamas stops the terrorist attacks will Israel give their land back and agree to a 2 state solution?

Hamas is not interested in a two-state solution.

Hamas sees all the land 'from the river to the sea' as Palestinian land.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Not all Hamas and not all Israelis. One Israeli Minister at least has said that Gaza belongs to Israel. If Israel agree to a 2 state solution based on the 1967 border agreement, most Palestinians would agree. Pointing to a few intransigent extremists, as I have done as an example, is disingenuous.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Not all Hamas and not all Israelis. One Israeli Minister at least has said that Gaza belongs to Israel. If Israel agree to a 2 state solution based on the 1967 border agreement, most Palestinians would agree. Pointing to a few intransigent extremists, as I have done as an example, is disingenuous.

Not all Hamas how?

The Israeli government does have extremist ministers, that was never denied.

You do not know what most Palestinians would agree to, and things are never as simple as your one liner statements.

Regardless, the comments above were about Hamas, not all or most Palestinians.

Hamas official policy = 'a few intransigent extremists'? Really?

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Since when does Hamas want a 2 state solution? Since when should a country give into terrorism?

On the other topic you called me a liar, are you going to respond to that with evidence?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

How much land do they want and from what river to what sea and why should it "belong" to them and no one else??

Hamas ideology holds that all the land comprising the West Bank, Israel, and the Gaza Strip is 'Palestine'.

They are not about sharing, co-existing or the rest of this stuff.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

Hamas ideology holds that all the land comprising the West Bank, Israel, and the Gaza Strip is 'Palestine'.

Israeli ideology holds that Gaza belongs to Israel.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Oh yes they are, stop the propaganda. 

They've never been offered equal rights in any of the 'PEACE' deals set up by the USA, who you know see Palestinians as inferior beings, despite them doing nothing wrong and getting their land taken away. 

What would you do if your country was occupied, oh wait a minute...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Israeli ideology holds that Gaza belongs to Israel.

No, that would be you displaying your ignorance, again.

Note that I specified Hamas? OK. Not all the Palestinians (although I think many share this notion, to varying degrees), not the PA's official policy.

Hamas.

You, on the other hand pit Hamas vs. Israel on this. Israel as a whole, does not have such a policy or ideology.

There are political elements within Israel (mostly right wing religious ones) which hold such views. 

If it was Israel's ideology in the way you (falsely) imply, Israel would have never withdrew from the Gaza Strip to begin with.

Spin it as much as you like there are pro-peace elements in Israel, there are those who'll go for peace not for love of the Palestinians, and then there are them 20% of the Israelis which are Arab (or rather, Palestinian).

You're welcome to own up to your nonsense at any time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, that would be you displaying your ignorance, again.

Note that I specified Hamas? OK. Not all the Palestinians (although I think many share this notion, to varying degrees), not the PA's official policy.

Hamas.

You, on the other hand pit Hamas vs. Israel on this. Israel as a whole, does not have such a policy or ideology.

There are political elements within Israel (mostly right wing religious ones) which hold such views. 

If it was Israel's ideology in the way you (falsely) imply, Israel would have never withdrew from the Gaza Strip to begin with.

Spin it as much as you like there are pro-peace elements in Israel, there are those who'll go for peace not for love of the Palestinians, and then there are them 20% of the Israelis which are Arab (or rather, Palestinian).

You're welcome to own up to your nonsense at any time.

If I (again) quoted a current senior Israeli government minister saying that "Gaza belongs to Israel" will you stop accusing me of the ignorance you are displaying by denying this inconvenient truth?

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

If I (again) quoted a current senior Israeli government minister saying that "Gaza belongs to Israel" will you stop accusing me of the ignorance you are displaying by denying this inconvenient truth?

No, it will actually highlight it.

There are right wing elements in the current government. They sense Netanyahu's weakness and they say whatever they like. It does not make it policy, it does not imply it's a general Israeli ideology. The mainstream of Israeli politics and society doesn't really want anything to do with the Gaza Strip. As pointed out, Israel withdrew form the Gaza Strip long ago - under a government headed by a right-wing/militaristic leader.

You can compare Hamas ideology with that of (some) right wing/religious parties - that's about it.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, it will actually highlight it.

There are right wing elements in the current government. They sense Netanyahu's weakness and they say whatever they like. It does not make it policy, it does not imply it's a general Israeli ideology. The mainstream of Israeli politics and society doesn't really want anything to do with the Gaza Strip. As pointed out, Israel withdrew form the Gaza Strip long ago - under a government headed by a right-wing/militaristic leader.

You can compare Hamas ideology with that of (some) right wing/religious parties - that's about it.

The same could be said about Palestinians, that it's only the extremists.

When Netanyahu is proud to block a 2 state solution and nobody denounces a senior minister (Gallant) who vows that Gaza belongs to Israel, it seems a bit (very) disingenuous to claim it's not policy.

• Confused 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

The same could be said about Hamas. When Netanyahu is proud to block a 2 state solution and nobody denounces a senior minister (Gallant) who vows that Gaza belongs to Israel, it seems a bit (very) disingenuous to claim it's not policy.

There is no consistent, serious element within Hamas leadership openly advocating a two-state solution, peace and so on. There's one specific leader which makes such comments from time to time (not going the full distance, more along the lines of advocating making up with the PA, which implies accepting the PA's position and obligations).

Again, there is no such policy - there are politicians saying things, which they thing they can get away with because Netanyahu is weak. Not denouncing them is exactly because of that - but neither is there any government decision about it, nor was it brought to a vote as far as I'm aware.

There is no such policy, and there is no massive support for such policy.

You're grasping at straws.