Taiwan seeking answers over hit and run death in Bangkok

snoop1130

Any doctor who refuses to treat a critically injured patient shouldn't be allowed to work as a doctor. Such despicable behavior is shameful for the medical profession.

In the case of private hospitals, I'd guess the only real option is to fine them an insane amount for each and every emergency patient they turn away illegally. As they only care about money, hit them where it hurts them the most.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, arick said:

If the driver had mandatory insurance in the Taiwanese mix of kin should at least get 100,000 back

this just goes to show how much you know about thailand. you hypothesize a sum but offer no way on how they can collect it. wake up bub, this is thailand and no way the grieving taiwanese are gonna get compensation. stick to what you know even if that might be difficult for you

Thailand seems to enjoy messing on its own doorstep and this outrageous attitude has led to death because of incompetence or the spirit of pure greed. The hospital director should be arrested and the owners called to account. Another reason for tourists to stay away from Thailand. Was this hospital part of Dusit Medical services/ Bangkok hospitals.?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

When will private medical bubble burst so that people can be treated in public hospitals?

Stop private insurance that on the one hand do not pay the insured in them and on the other hand leave them ready to die due to financial problems.

Thai Ministry of Health to the doctors involved should have their professional licence terminated in the Kingdom.

The unacceptable attitude of doctors  in p.r.i.v.a.t.e clinic may have been implemented to any Thai citizen. "Today" was a foreigner from Asia continent but "tomorrow" it will be  to a domestic citizen.....

Our priority should focus to save human beings and not the paper money......! The shame on you "doctor"!

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The hypocritic oath is totally meaningless here in Thailand. A tourist' life is worth nothing to hospital managers.

Hippocratic  not hypocritic but I agree with your spelling the oath is hypocritical especially where healthcare is not free

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Mate, I feel you are paid to create conflict, in order to generate posts, I find it unnecessary to discuss, in a mature way, this with you any longer... have a nice day.

Correct. Liverpool Lou makes a habit of creating conflict s/he is a classic troll. This is the second ASEAN NOW story I have seen in 2 days where s/he is creating conflict where there is no reason. S/he has not been around for a while probably resurfacing after a ban from posting on ASEAN NOW 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Wow... seventy-five quid.

Can your friend even afford to get married?

It is the consulate which is based in the same building as the embassy. They are supposed to check your affidavit (which you print from the website and take with you) for mistakes and accuracy, you are told on the website when applying to take birth certificates, death certificates of parents, divorce certificates etc

The fool in charge of the consulate only took my passport, didn't ask for any other documents. I sat around for half an hour and received the stamped affidavit with my returned passport. I had made a mistake with my passport number which was picked up by the translator I took the document to. Obviously they don't do any checks the just keep you waiting for half an hour then stamp the document and give it back. When I complained and went back all he did was tell me it was my responsibility, ask me if it was now correct and stamp the revised document which took 2 seconds. That is an income of £1500 per hour for doing Sweet Fanny Adams . I think @AhFarangJa has every right to complain

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Expat68 said:

This will do more harm to Thailand tourism 

And, well it should.  Absolutely disgraceful behavior.  Seems we are only hearing about the accident, which happened Dec. 8, because Taiwan has stepped in wanting answers.  Really no excuse that something like this still happens.  Let them be slammed.  As others have said, the penalties are way too weak and should be strengthened.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1