Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead

webfact

16 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

This is nothing unusual and often not what it seems.

The Chinese have been buying 100"s of condos in one go as they come on the market or from plan in come cases.

This is why at night hardly any lights can be seen in Condos where the owner says ther'e none left for sale,

The Chinese sit on them EMPTY until completion date or longer then resell them to you at the new market price.

This has been going on since I started a Real Estate company 25 years ago on Sukhumvit

The same in the uk or was at least but not condos. Multi million pound properties owned by Chinese and Russians with no one living there. Somewhere to get their money out of the country and hold in real estate . And in the UK esp London a great investment. Now these rich Chinese and Russians have to buy whole blocks of condominiums in Thailand…. A bit riskier I’d say but still less risky than leaving your money in China or Russia.

• Like 1

Must be the only country in the world at the moment welcoming Russians , loads staying in Thailand now to avoid being sent  as cannon fodder to the Ukraine & doing English courses to avoid getting killed when they return home to the answer to mr Z 

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

They all hurry to buy before 1. January 2024, where money sent to Thailand will be taxed. The real estate market will be stone dead after 1. January 2024.

They don't live in Thailand for more than 6 months, unlike the majority in the forum who could not find a decent living and possibly a bride and had to travel 10,000 miles to live like refugees (year-to-year contract), possibly using a "wify" visa.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

In the condo complex I am in, 50% are Chinese and Russian, and definitely they don't live here on "wify" visas because they could find women to marry from their own country. 

Nirun still offering some good deals then! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign buyers such as the Chinese and Russian are dominating the condominium scene, turning Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket into international real estate playgrounds.

Play baby play, oh don't forget your new TT ! That's  short for Thai Taxes:w00t:

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I find that astonishing, you have actually "taken coal to Newcastle" :cheesy:

as we say in English or sand to the desert. might be easier analogy to understand for Americans 

When one has access to much younger women from the impoverished part of the nation being paraded in brothels masquerading as bars, why do you want to bring spouses from your own culture?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

A staggering 10,703 units, raking in a jaw-dropping 52.3 billion baht, exchanged hands in the nine months leading up to September, marking a whopping 38% surge from the previous year, according to the Real Estate Information Center, a body overseen by the state-owned Government Housing Bank (GHB).

When I bought a Condo, I had to transfer money from my home country, and of course got that days rate of exchange.

If I transfer money from Russia for instance, I would not be getting a lot of baht for my Roubles.

That would seem to make a Condo purchases very expensive.

Or am I missing something?

• Confused 1

I have a condo in Jomtien and am glad so many condos are empty, sold or not. Always see those signs at constructions "EIA approved" & wonder how much the payoff was.

Thousands more condos since I moved in 15 yrs ago and no real improvement in transportation... bad enough just with weekend crowds. Water needs? Plenty of water trucks around filling up tanks around town. Was it 10 yrs ago when all those articles posted about nowhere near enough water resources available

I can walk away from my condo and still come out ahead compared to paying rent over the decades, so sales levels don't bother me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They spending their rubles and yuan in the wrong country. Kanada welcomes foreign money into its real estate. Look at Vancouver. That's a no lose scenario. Even a crack shack in the worst part of town sells for $2.5 million and it will never devalue. Unlike in Thailand where there's a surplus of condos and takes a lifetime, if ever, to sell if you want out. Far easier to just rent in Thailand. No commitments, no headaches.  In Kanada there is a severe housing shortage and so houses are sure bets. List and in less than a week you've sold for tens / hundreds of thousands above asking. Easy money if you've got it to invest...

30 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

Far easier to just rent in Thailand. No commitments, no headaches. 

The Little Miss Muffet Theory of Thai residence has always been promoted on the forum by our vast rental brigade. Most condo owners have real lives enjoying their condos and don't bother posting here. 

34 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

They spending their rubles and yuan in the wrong country.

Oh, maybe they like Thailand and aren't as skint as our pensioners here. It seems that whenever an expat in Thailand buys a condo, he spends nothing less than his entire life savings.:cheesy: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1