Just watching Tina Turner ... and Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers .. they were brilliant

steven100

I've had 7 bottles already because it's xmas ...

I am watching Tina Turner - Simply the best .....  and she was      

Dolly & Kenny were great on stage .....

David Bowie .... we can be heroes jus for one day ....   yes we can 

Roy Orbison ....      There was a pretty woman    !!    he was fantastic with that guitar    

• Like 1

I started a joke .......         and I 'll finish it after another bottle  !!

There will never be another Bee Gees ....     imo  ....      absolutely fantastic to listen too anytime ...  party,  alone,  dinner .....     anytime 

image.png.d8c475e1402db4c8f4708e51e5bb90bc.png

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I started a joke .......         and I 'll finish it after another bottle  !!

There will never be another Bee Gees ....     imo  ....      absolutely fantastic to listen too anytime ...  party,  alone,  dinner .....     anytime 

image.png.d8c475e1402db4c8f4708e51e5bb90bc.png

This song was performanced   in Australia; “One night only” ‘97 The very best live concert  of Bee Gees.

You will need more than a beer 👍

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The thread's got polluted already, but I do miss Tina Turner a lot. The 2021 documentary TINA is well worth watching. 

yes ....   I watch her stage performance .. simply the best ....  every month or so .....   she was simply  ......    the best ...    IMO

3 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

This song was performanced   in Australia; “One night only” ‘97 The very best concert  of Bee Gees.

You will need more than a beer 👍

YES ....   you are correct ,     if memory serves me right it was in 1973 or 74 .....  

but we never got Elvis Presley unfortunately .............      not sure why he didn't come ... 

49 minutes ago, steven100 said:

David Bowie .... we can be heroes jus for one day ....   yes we can

Best version of that song:

Best singing, all the right touches, really into it. Best arrangement as Earl Slick's guitar gives him such a strong backing.

• Thanks 1

Barry White and Paverotti were absolutely fanstastic .....

Your my first, my last, my everything ......

This is real music and real talent without all the electronic voice enhancers ....         this is the best ....    just have bass and this will blow you away. 

'image.png.62e21bf4a4a5dbbeda0dfd99561d9e5f.png

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

YES ....   you are correct ,     if memory serves me right it was in 1973 or 74 .....  

but we never got Elvis Presley unfortunately .............      not sure why he didn't come ... 

does anyone here know or guess why Elvis didn't come to Australia    ?

9 minutes ago, nikmar said:

I think I read somewhere that his manager couldnt travel as he had no passport. Wasnt he Dutch?? I believe he was scared he wouldnt be allowed back into the US. I think Elvis only ever travelled to germany for military service and the occassional hop over to Hawaii. strange, seeing as he was the biggest star in the world.

aha ...   it's a real travesty ....   he was only 42 .....     Melbourne would have gone crazy if he had come ...

Call it Hendrix to U2, 15 mind-blowing years, the likes of which will never be seen again.

I like to read books about acts I have no interest in. Phil Collins autobiography was great. So I  bought this very serious book about Steely Dan, of whom I have never given a passing thought.

https://utpress.utexas.edu/9781477324998/

They seem like Traffic on Quayludes, prob a one and done for me