Jomtien culture compared

smallchungus

47 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

So enlighten us mate, how did you escape your 'poverty', helped by massive western aid programs perhaps?  Or by many Charity and other NGOs pouring millions into your country?  Thai's don't have those options, or that kind of help. Why are you so dismissive of others who try to get out of their poverty, where is your empathy?  I'd say this, you are not a good advert for such poverty programs if they produce attitudes like yours. ?  

This is now off topic and far too many off topic and frankly idiotic comments , so I'm out of it.  

What a bunch of crap. 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Really?  I pay a lady cleaner to clean my house, a pool lady to clean my pool and a gardener couple to look after my garden.  I also pay ladies for street food, in the coffee shop and at the gas station.  I also pay the lady at the Big C till and in Subway.  You must live a very odd life if you pay no bills to women here. 

More crap.

13 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

You understand very little about Thailand or its people.

No sir, you, my friend, understand very little about Thailand and bar girls. Many of the bar girls have a gambling problem, most have a baby to a Thai man who they dumped on their parents to look after, most are liers and cheaters, are only interested in money from sucker foreigners and have many suckers around the world sending them money, most are happy to sleep around with other dudes for money, even if they have a bf/husband. Normal Thais don't think highly of bargirls and don't want to be associate with them.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

No sir, you, my friend, understand very little about Thailand and bar girls. Many of the bar girls have a gambling problem, most have a baby to a Thai man who they dumped on their parents to look after, most are liers and cheaters, are only interested in money from sucker foreigners and have many suckers around the world sending them money, most are happy to sleep around with other dudes for money, even if they have a bf/husband. Normal Thais don't think highly of bargirls and don't want to be associate with them.

Stereotype much!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If you are providing everything, if she doesn't work, why would you give her basically a salary every month

Mostly they need money for their family, children, parents, siblings, you giving them pocket money won't cut it.

The only way around it is find someone with a good job with income who doesn't need a farang to subsidise them, but like i said younger girls aren't going to want much older farang

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Some pay for sex, you pay for motherhood.... which include sex!

Doesn't look any better.

One provides value.  Making it possible for my children to be raised by their mother instead of some childcare worker that doesn't care about them is a massive advantage.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mostly they need money for their family, children, parents, siblings, you giving them pocket money won't cut it.

The only way around it is find someone with a good job with income who doesn't need a farang to subsidise them, but like i said younger girls aren't going to want much older farang

I wouldn't support the gf's or wife's family in USA, so why would I support them here.  They didn't need it before they met me.   That's just silly.

In my case, they, wife's family, should be supporting me, as think most are better off than myself.

So some people not only rent the wife, they rent the whole family here ... :cheesy:

If that's the case, I can see why some pay to have the chickies or dudes leave in the morning.  A lot cheaper than supporting the whole family.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smallchungus said:

One provides value.  Making it possible for my children to be raised by their mother instead of some childcare worker that doesn't care about them is a massive advantage.

You never mentioned "LOVE" regarding relationship or wife requirements. Sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I just don't like your "holier-than-thou attitude".

I'm unofficial public defender of all the whores of the world. They do great work and prevent many suicides and prevent marriage breakups.

If you need a prostitute your marriage is already trash and killing yourself over no pussy is pathetic.  Imagine “not paying a salary” and “not a prostitute” being too high of a bar to clear in finding a partner.  How is saying I don’t care if others take part in sexpat stuff but I don’t like it holier than thou?  You aren’t coping well.  Comparing supporting the mother of your children to paying a prostitute is prescription helmet tier idiotic

Edited by smallchungus
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, smallchungus said:

If you need a prostitute your marriage is already trash and killing yourself over no pussy is pathetic.  Imagine “not paying a salary” and “not a prostitute” being too high of a bar to clear in finding a partner.  How is saying I don’t care if others take part in sexpat stuff but I don’t like it holier than thou?  You aren’t coping well.  Comparing supporting the mother of your children to paying a prostitute is prescription helmet tier idiotic

So genius; tell us what's the difference between the modern western female, who has had 100+ sexual partner's. who  have likely paid for meals, outings and presents to get into her pants and a bar girl,  who has slept with as many, to make a living in a poverty stricken society?   One seems much the same as the other, only the bar girl is more honest about it. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

So genius; tell us what's the difference between the modern western female, who has had 100+ sexual partner's. who  have likely paid for meals, outings and presents to get into her pants and a bar girl,  who has slept with as many, to make a living in a poverty stricken society?   One seems much the same as the other, only the bar girl is more honest about it. 

Clearly, Doctor, you don't understand.

Having sex when a woman is horny is moral and okay, but if a woman---who might have given birth at 15, was forced to drop out of school, doesn't even have a HS diploma that would allow her to work at Big C, but who must support the growing child---takes money for sex, then she is the most immoral being on the face of the Earth.

Horny=OK  Money=Immoral

Plus, every Western man, had he experienced the same adolescence as the proverbial Isaan teen mother, would have been much more moral and never resorted to pay for play. See, Western men are infinitely superior to Thai women, and are entitled to pass judgement on the women who resorted to work the Western male would have been too moral to do.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, BonnieandClyde said:

Hogwash.

Any girl who has been part of the bar/prostitution scene in Thailand is seriously damaged goods... avoid them like the plague for long-term relationships.

My Bonnie was a waitress in a small town in Texas when we first met and we've had a bang-up time together since then.

Since you are so certain that all such women are seriously damaged goods, I have to assume you have done business with every single one of them. There is simply no other way you could be so certain of what you say.

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Have I not made it clear that I don’t want either one?  

53 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Clearly, Doctor, you don't understand.

Having sex when a woman is horny is moral and okay, but if a woman---who might have given birth at 15, was forced to drop out of school, doesn't even have a HS diploma that would allow her to work at Big C, but who must support the growing child---takes money for sex, then she is the most immoral being on the face of the Earth.

Horny=OK  Money=Immoral

Plus, every Western man, had he experienced the same adolescence as the proverbial Isaan teen mother, would have been much more moral and never resorted to pay for play. See, Western men are infinitely superior to Thai women, and are entitled to pass judgement on the women who resorted to work the Western male would have been too moral to do.

I didn’t realize I was on reddit.  You protected m’lady well, white knight.  Yes, yes.  Having the requirement of “not a prostitute” for a future wife is totally irrational and even sexist!  Where have I commented on anything being immoral or that Western men are better than Thai women?  I said Thai women are better than Western women, and even that I don’t care if people participate in the entire sexpat industry.  Is that not enough?  I have to take part in it as well for you not to get offended.  You seem very defensive about your lifestyle.  It seems like you are the one who thinks there is something wrong happening that requires defending.  Get a grip lmao

Edited by smallchungus

13 hours ago, Celsius said:

Many have no options buying iPhone and LV bag.

Funny thing me growing up in poor country that was later struck by civil war my parents and my friend's parents never saw prostitution as option to make a living.

And if you are so compationate about their poverty levels, you could make a donation without expecting sex in return.

No options, LOL

I might be able to guess your country.

Now some impoverished Thai women might resort to P4P, but unlike your country, they did not engage in years of wanton slaughter, torture and attempted genocide.

So who are the more moral people, pound for pound?

4 hours ago, smallchungus said:

Have I not made it clear that I don’t want either one?  

I didn’t realize I was on reddit.  You protected m’lady well, white knight.  Yes, yes.  Having the requirement of “not a prostitute” for a future wife is totally irrational and even sexist!  Where have I commented on anything being immoral or that Western men are better than Thai women?  I said Thai women are better than Western women, and even that I don’t care if people participate in the entire sexpat industry.  Is that not enough?  I have to take part in it as well for you not to get offended.  You seem very defensive about your lifestyle.  It seems like you are the one who thinks there is something wrong happening that requires defending.  Get a grip lmao

I suppose men who are insecure in their manhood are wary of women with experience, as the man might come up short.

I'm not defending my lifestyle about which you made an incorrect assumption. I just know I did not get pregnant at a tender age, was not forced to drop out of school, and did not have a family who saw me as an ATM. There but for the grace of Zeus might have gone I, so I can muster a little more empathy than sanctimony and scorn.

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I suppose men who are insecure in their manhood are wary of women with experience, as the man might come up short.

I'm not defending my lifestyle about which you made an incorrect assumption. I just know I did not get pregnant at a tender age, was not forced to drop out of school, and did not have a family who saw me as an ATM. There but for the grace of Zeus might have gone I, so I can muster a little more empathy than sanctimony and scorn.

It isn’t insecurity.  It is statistics.  The more partners a woman has the higher the likelihood for divorce.  I can have empathy for someone and not want to marry them.  Those aren’t mutually exclusive.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Expat68 said:

The reason why I live in Thailand is because 33 years ago I fell in love with Thailand and today I am still in love with the place. We all live/visit the place for one reason or another. Just embrace it and feel lucky

Sounds a bit "discriminatory" , what about places like the Philippines?

18 hours ago, smallchungus said:

If you would actually read the thread I am wanting to know what Jomtien is like, if it is sexpat focused, and to avoid that.  You are such a hero.

Google it, everybody's experiences are different, everybody's expectations are different, and lastly everybody's points of view are different.