I Need HELP with Japan Visa Planning...For My PLAN-B Escape from Thailand.

GammaGlobulin

My Dearest Friends,

IF you really care about me as much as I think you do...

OR, if you might want to help others among us with the same aspirations to leave Thailand for Japan, should the Thailand-Visa-<deleted>e hit the fan, at some future, as yet, unknown time....

Then, I would TRULY appreciate the input concerning how a guy from the UK, or from Canada, or from the USA...can obtain a visa to retire in Japan.

Japan has changed a GREAT DEAL in recent decades, and it has changed a LOT, compared to the 1980s.

Japan is graying rapidly.

Japan, these days, seems to be slightly more open to having westerners live in Japan, during this present New Japan Climate.

IMHO, Japan is now a real place to consider for retirement, and pretty upscale, at that.

This post is not a joke, my friends.

I have come to the conclusion, after over 50 years of living in Asia, that Japan is about the most upscale place to live, and certainly one of the safest for old guys and old gals.

The Japanese people are very polite and respectful of others.

And, I appreciate this, just so very much.

I have no idea how many more years I have to live.

However, IF I were to completely retire in Japan, then....I am sure that I am still young enough to resume my long-lost Japanese language study, at least sufficiently enough to fairly quickly develop a working knowledge of Japanese.

So far, I know three languages, and slightly Japanese, which would be my fourth.

For sure, I could find happiness in Japan....

I know I can.

I know I can.

I think I can.

The ONLY hurdle for me, I suppose, is to find the best long-term visa solution.

I am a clean-cut, handsome, and upstanding citizen of the world.

I just need to be able to obtain a long-term retirement visa in Japan, or any old visa that will allow me to live there for about 10 years, during which time I will choose to become a welcome member of some countryside village outside Tokyo, or maybe, probably, somewhere around Nara.

This is my Plan-B.

This will be my work-in-progress for the next many months.

Thank you and regards,

The Glob.

PS:  TV is pretty darned GOOD at providing accurate and useful visa advice....as we all know.  So...this is why I posted this topic here on TV....

Edited by GammaGlobulin