Thaksin is sick and not granted special privileges : Justice minister

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Deserted said:

As you know, there are many, many posters on this site that know very little about Thailand despite what they think, 

Yes, the moron emoji is busy today! It's amazing how the simplest of posts confuses some! Watch this space! :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You can watch the Democratic Party in the US on the news every day of the year. They wrote the book on it. It's absurd for people on here to accuse Thailand of being corrupt when their own countries are much worse. It's just hidden a bit deeper. It seems many forum members are looking for any excuse to condemn Thailand. 3rd World? - not even close.

The big difference in corruption and politics is that in Britain and probably other western countries, the politicians have the brains to cover it up, unlike in Thailand they do not, especially when there are some soldiers playing at being politicians.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red Forever said:

As evidenced above, the hate Thaksin mob have run out of witty comments.

Come on guys, give up, your favourite bogeyman is home and most Thais are either happy or unmoved by this, apart from BKK HiSos.

As your comments....oops sorry, expert medical opinions become increasingly irrelevant it's time to find another bogeyman to vent your collective spleens at.

I recommend a certain Suthep.

The biggest bogeyman of the lot, the soldier who led an illegal coup that "didn't happen" and got mega rich into the bargain, now has some sort of important post, I cannot remember it's title.

No doubt he is now probably like a dog with six lamp posts, running around free from any kind of prosecution.

Edited by NoshowJones

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You can watch the Democratic Party in the US on the news every day of the year. They wrote the book on it. It's absurd for people on here to accuse Thailand of being corrupt when their own countries are much worse. It's just hidden a bit deeper. It seems many forum members are looking for any excuse to condemn Thailand. 3rd World? - not even close.

Which news?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red Forever said:

As evidenced above, the hate Thaksin mob have run out of witty comments.

Come on guys, give up, your favourite bogeyman is home and most Thais are either happy or unmoved by this, apart from BKK HiSos.

As your comments....oops sorry, expert medical opinions become increasingly irrelevant it's time to find another bogeyman to vent your collective spleens at.

I recommend a certain Suthep.

28 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

The biggest bogeyman of the lot, the soldier who led an illegal coup that "didn't happen" and got mega rich into the bargain, now has some sort of important post, I cannot remember it's title.

No doubt he is now probably like a dog with six lamp posts, running around free from any kind of prosecution.

Both Suthep and the General were puppets!

https://www.worldbulletin.net/m/asia-pacific/former-thai-pms-passports-revoked-h159802.html

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Your link won't load. When you say General I take it you mean the former unelected PM, How can he be a puppet? He had soldiers guns and tanks behind him, how do you think he lasted 9 years in power?

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Convicted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is genuinely sick and has not been granted any privileges while or by being treated on the 14th floor of Police General Hospital, Justice Minister Tawee Sodsong told members of parliament today.

As they say where I come from, "True as I'm riding this bike."

8 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Your link won't load. When you say General I take it you mean the former unelected PM, How can he be a puppet? He had soldiers guns and tanks behind him, how do you think he lasted 9 years in power?

Expand your thinking.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Strange. Similar account here.

https://www.cp24.com/world/thailand-revokes-passports-belonging-to-ex-pm-over-interview-he-gave-in-s-korea-1.2392984

You will understand I am not going to comment.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

He was sentenced to 8 years! He won't do 1 day! Get a dose of reality! No need to apologise for him, he is a convicted criminal! He only came back because Pheu Thai sold out to the army!

He was sentenced originally to 8 years but that was already commuted to one year by the king.

Thai king commutes former PM Thaksin's prison sentence to one year

6 hours ago, 2baht said:

He was sentenced to 8 years! He won't do 1 day! Get a dose of reality! No need to apologise for him, he is a convicted criminal! He only came back because Pheu Thai sold out to the army!

not apologising one bit..Rama 10 reduced it to one year..best seek an audience with Him.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm sure that once the royal pardon kicks in, this man will get better and healthy so quick that the miracle of walking on water will seems like a trivial joke...

Hm,...he might be wheeled in a wheelchair to a limousine just for the heck of it,...

11 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Yes, well look a bit further and the UK is among the worst Countries and always has been in the world.
If not, it's not the worst.

"If not, it's not the worst." ? Confused?

I am, and what's it got to do with the post anyway?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sorry, I'm totally / completely not convinced re your comments / argument points. 

I and many others are thinking rationally but you seem to be unable to see the woods for trees.

Your claims that he's had a stressful life are not relevant. He's a convicted criminal.

Further, millions of Thais are old / very old, and have had a very tough life, lack of food, lack of any decent quality of life, lack of decent health care. 

But perhaps you see this charade and total lack of respect as rational and acceptable.

I don't, not at all. 

Of course, you're not convinced. As far as you're concerned, old men don't get sick, and it's not even a possibility. Sorry, but you don't think rationally. Those millions of Thais who you think are very old despite a very tough life more often than not look a lot older than they are. 

You should calm down as all this obsession with hatred for old men won't do your health any good at all.  

Edited by JensenZ
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

He was sentenced originally to 8 years but that was already commuted to one year by the king.

Thai king commutes former PM Thaksin's prison sentence to one year

Which apparently should not be given until the prisoner has served half of his sentence - ah well - one for the rich - one for the poor!:tongue:

Edited by sambum
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I don't suppose you considered the possibility that he was very sick, and that's why he chose to return now, knowing that he would be in a hospital ward rather than a prison cell.

He's 74.5 years old now, fast approaching the average life expectancy of Thai men of 75.5 years. He has led an extremely stressful life. Politics and exile for a 70-plus-year-old man is not a healthy lifestyle.

Do you think old men don't get sick just because you hate them? Take your hateful blinders off and start thinking rationally.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thx for the good laugh.  I haven't had one all day.  Well played.  Please post more often!

15 hours ago, JensenZ said:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He was pictured celebrating at Hun Sen’s birthday party the day before he arrived back in Thailand.

If he was critically ill, enough to warrant hospitalization for four months, he certainly looked fit as a fiddle in those photos, beaming smiles emanating from his big, square head.

They still haven’t revealed what exactly is wrong with him either. 

Do you believe those sick buffalo stories the bar girls tell you as well? 

He's one of those posters who believes prostitution doesn't exist in Thailand either 

• Agree 1