Top media influencer claims that Chinese men target Thai women for love in what she calls ‘son hunting’

webfact

2 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Big Joke will pursue it as there may be money in it.:smile:

Those white t-shirted social justice warriors were quick to "show their support " too    Just waiting for the other charlatan "Mor Pla"  to show up and we will have the holy trinity

5 hours ago, stoner said:

will they also look into the plethora of thai men who discard thai women after having a child....just because. 

Surachate and his lads will all have a few illegitimates to their name.  Its the sign of a real man . They won't be probing very deep either

Can anybody invoke the assistance of "big joke"   ?  does one contact him directly on facebook or does one have to start with the local police and work ones way up the chain of command ?

He must be very busy, obviously shying away from the limelight as much as possible, in order to devote himself to his vocation

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The more I read about Chinese males on here they sure seem like disgusting, almost inhuman creature's.

Seems to be the case, the  women aren't much better.    The real ones and the real filth that they eat, appear to bear little resemblance to what we encounter back home  

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

General Surachate Hakparn or ‘Big Joke’ on Christmas Day at the Police Club in Bangkok. He met a social media influencer with over 1 million followers whose identity was only given as Ms Noey for now. She was accompanied by the founder of the Facebook Saimai page, Mr Ekkaphop Luangprasert. They briefed the deputy national police chief on the danger posed by the new phenomenon of Chinese men ‘son hunting ‘ in Thailand.

Social media star complains to the police about her relationship breakdown. After revealing her pregnancy to Mr Zhang, he abruptly returned to China upon learning the child’s gender, leaving Ms Noey in emotional turmoil. The matchmaker blamed her for having a daughter.

A beautiful Thai online influencer whose engagement fell through with her Chinese fiancé sought police help on Monday, Christmas Day. She met with Deputy Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn in Bangkok. Ms Noey, who has one million social media followers, asked for a probe into a Chinese matchmaker. She claimed the woman was engaged in finding women for Chinese men. She said these men wished to father only sons with Thai women. Ms Noey was accompanied by social media activists who warned of a wave of such complaints in recent times.

The pair dubbed the trend ‘son hunting’ and warned that it poses a threat to Thailand. It is not clear if any law has been broken or criminal acts committed. However, General Surachate agreed to have his officers probe the matter. They would look into the activities of the matchmaker at the centre of this case.

It’s a strange case that may lift the lid on a new trend relating to Chinese activities and influence in Thailand.

by James Morris and Son Nguyen

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2023-12-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Should not be a surprise for anyone thinking of Chinese culture, history and the population gender balance. But I doubt if it is something new.

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

In America, the only Chinese chicks who would go out with me were fat.

Supply and demand.

Asian people in America are rare, so their attractiveness goes up.

Same in China.

They killed all the female fetuses.

Now females are rarer than males so there's a supply imbalance.

Insufferable.

🥓

not sure here in America you're referring to but most major cities have large asian communities. They just tend to center around themselves and unlike here they're not looking for the money and stability as the major factor, they look for real commitment and love

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

one million "influencees"   presumably all busy getting inseminated .  

Talking about insemination, has no fool-proof technology been developed yet to remove all X-chromome sperms from the semen? The Ericsson method with a likelihood of only 50-70% of giving rise to a male child is highly inadequate.

33 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

"The beautiful Thai woman"   so beautiful she has to use a matchmaker , and willingly goes with chinese!  Possibly not even "pupped"

No problem washing her dirty laundry in public either,   A desperate attention seeker

is she getting what she deserves? hard to say.  i dont get why pretty thai girls are so charmed by korean and chinese guys. they are notorious for cheating on their women. do falang cheat? of course 

i just have a feeling it is more difficult for us cos we dont blend in as much, or simply cos we are too stupid. i know for sure that i am too much of a duffus to do it successfully, so i never tried

that, and i talk in my sleep.... for sure i would spill the beans

• Like 1

I think it would be fair to say most Asian nation couples want sons, especially the male partner. China being probably the strongest advocate of this to the extent that many fetus's & newly born girls were terminated, it most likely still happens today, especially in rural china. 

And when they have sons they are often spoilt beyond their own good while the girls help in the house, do the chores while the boys play and get up to no good!

Then when the boys are old enough the knock up the girl friends, get them pregnant and run away leaving the girl & her family to bring up the child, sadly this is very common in Thailand and its imediate neighbouring countries. 

• Agree 1