Agoda charges 51-80 % commission

arick

Are there any owners of hotels or owners of individually I'm having a shocking result that a agoda.

Is charging in the minimum region of 51% up to 100% in my bookings I'm just curious how many other people are doing that booking.com has no problem they have 18% flat rate but every time I get a booking with a agoda.com they are charging 50-to 100 % commission to the owner 

• Like 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

On 12/27/2023 at 8:08 PM, DavisH said:

I booked with agoda recently for my trip to Australia. I also checked the cost with booking with the hotel directly. There was not a significant difference between them.

I'm talking owners of property not people that are looking for property

• Confused 3

On 12/27/2023 at 8:10 PM, ELL said:

Check you RATE channels discount and make all inactive or postpone. They add all stack discount for all.. by the end you get nothing. Also be careful when you have own promotion and agoda promotion.. they stack all as well.. aslo if you have sponsored listing etc... Check your booking from agada you will see what they add,,

Thanks I have been calling them for the past month finally got to somewhere which pretends to know 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/27/2023 at 8:10 PM, ELL said:

Check you RATE channels discount and make all inactive or postpone. They add all stack discount for all.. by the end you get nothing. Also be careful when you have own promotion and agoda promotion.. they stack all as well.. aslo if you have sponsored listing etc... Check your booking from agada you will see what they add,,

I have the stacked box unchecked.   I have had 6 invoices in the last week for one booking 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have given up booking with Agoda after many years and regular bookings.

The reason I have stopped is they no longer provide an email address for assistance, help, or answers to questions.

Seems no way of contacting them now, so goodbye Agoda and Booking,com (Same company)

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arick said:

I have the stacked box unchecked.   I have had 6 invoices in the last week for one booking 

Not enough!

A friend of my wife had huge discounts on Agoda simply because of stacking, many offers ONLY stack, you cannot turn the stacking feature off for them.

Scour through YCS, turn EVERY discount, promotion and scheme off.

The worst ones are Agodas own schemes, "AGX" etc., bin the lot and start again.

Remember Agoda also charges higher commission than the other OTAs, typically 5% higher for this part of the world.

On 12/28/2023 at 6:54 AM, flyingtlger said:

Get the rates from Agoda then call the hotel directly or go directly to the hotel website. Often times you'll get a better rate.

I find Agoda tacks on 17% to 19% of their posted rate by the time I get done with payment... I use them to get a list of hotels... but never book with them. Always, always call the hotel directly.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, biggles45 said:

Like some others I have no idea what you are talking about, despite reading the post. I have no idea what a 'stack' is or where to find one.

Several times I have tried to extend an AGODA booking while staying at the hotel, it has always been cheaper to use AGODA again for the extra days. 

ALL I care about is that what I pay is a good price. By the way, booking.com is owned by the same company! 

The way I understand it "stack" as a host if you are offering different discounts they all stack up

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

When I was in NZ earlier this year, a hotel complained that I had booked via Agoda rather than in person ("You booked with a company in Singapore, rather than in person. And we have to pay the commission. Blabla...") That was after they had charged me in cash (as stipulated in the booking), and, hours later, also charged my card, i.e. charged me twice! It was quite a challenge to get the extra payment back. Minus 15% due to the exchange rate. No sympathy from me for those properties, as sometimes it is too risky to book directly.

Also, while hotels and hotel groups often claim to have 'lower rates' if one books directly with them, a quick website check then reveals that rates are, in fact, often well above the rates offered via booking sites.

Although sometimes the booking websites add extras like tax and booking fees and sometimes booking websites offer cheaper prices and then they don't offer free breakfast , I found found that the prices are similar 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

When I was in NZ earlier this year, a hotel complained that I had booked via Agoda rather than in person ("You booked with a company in Singapore, rather than in person. And we have to pay the commission. Blabla...") That was after they had charged me in cash (as stipulated in the booking), and, hours later, also charged my card, i.e. charged me twice! It was quite a challenge to get the extra payment back. Minus 15% due to the exchange rate. No sympathy from me for those properties, as sometimes it is too risky to book directly.

Also, while hotels and hotel groups often claim to have 'lower rates' if one books directly with them, a quick website check then reveals that rates are, in fact, often well above the rates offered via booking sites.

That has generally not been my experience. I booked a room downtown for last week and it ended up cheaper booking directly with the hotel. The daily rate from Agoda was about the same, but there was an upcharge for an extra bed and breakfast that was included with the hotel booking.

• Thumbs Up 1