Is this the future for EV cars?

kwak250

15 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Oh! you waste time going to a fuel station? 

You have my sympathies, I haven't had to do that in the last 4 or 5 years.

I really don’t care about having a pet ev, besides they’re worthless for the areas we often venture to. Last winter we took a two week trip to MHS, Fang, Mae Ai, Mae Salong then up to Ban Therd Thai where we stayed for a week visiting friends and exploring. The ev charging stations are bleak, if any, in fact we didn’t see one. Would have been dead in the water if we were driving an ev heap.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/31/2023 at 4:08 PM, JBChiangRai said:

What a drag!  

I haven't needed to waste time going to any fuel stations in over 3 years

I believe that if you charge It up at home and don't go far .

If you go for a long trip you have problems to look for charging stations and if you find one they may well be all in use and you have to wait your turn to charge It can be Hours. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/848062616970861

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, novacova said:

I really don’t care about having a pet ev, besides they’re worthless for the areas we often venture to. Last winter we took a two week trip to MHS, Fang, Mae Ai, Mae Salong then up to Ban Therd Thai where we stayed for a week visiting friends and exploring. The ev charging stations are bleak, if any, in fact we didn’t see one. Would have been dead in the water if we were driving an ev heap.

Just because you don’t know how to use an app to locate charging stations or how to plug an EVSE into a wall socket doesn’t mean that others aren’t capable of doing it.

Reason you didn’t see a CS is probably because you weren’t looking for one. Humans are strange in that respect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I'm not sure about the future, but the present seems to look a bit too much like this, lol...

screen-shot-2017-10-18-at-1-46-41-pm-e15

I didn’t realise that ICEVs don’t catch fire. Thanks for nugget of information.

15 minutes ago, digger70 said:

If you go for a long trip you have problems to look for charging stations and if you find one they may well be all in use and you have to wait your turn to charge It can be Hours. 

Seems like you’re rather late to the party. EVs are not suitable for everyone and every instance. Sort of like using a hockey stick won’t work well on a golf course and using a five iron in a hockey match is not recommended either.

• Love It 1

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

All cities have fast DC chargers, there are 3 fast DC chargers in MHS, most hotels now have Level 2 charging stations and if not you can plug in at your hotel with your granny charger, it's not difficult.

Too challenging for some though, apparently. 

• Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, brfsa2 said:

Last week I drove my EV to Rayong (BYD Atto 3), a 200KM drive used 40% of the battery (90->50%), going 90-100km/h most of the time using cruise control.

At 40%, I went to the PTT near by and charged from 40->100% in just 25 minutes while we had breakfast (80kW fast charge). I only paid 156 Baht for the top up.

A very comfortable and relaxing drive...

Yeah, Nah.

Pulling out my toe nails sounds more inviting than that.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Oh! and you know this how? a facebook silly video of 2 old men laughing?

There's very little queuing in Thailand for chargers, and you can book them in advance so there is no queueing

12 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I'm not sure about the future, but the present seems to look a bit too much like this, lol...

screen-shot-2017-10-18-at-1-46-41-pm-e15

Check the statistics, a vehicle with an ICE is between 14 and 120 times more likely to catch fire than an EV.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Just because you don’t know how to use an app to locate charging stations or how to plug an EVSE into a wall socket doesn’t mean that others aren’t capable of doing it.

Reason you didn’t see a CS is probably because you weren’t looking for one. Humans are strange in that respect.

There are no charging stations between Famg and Ban Therd Thai, none, I was looking.

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

All cities have fast DC chargers, there are 3 fast DC chargers in MHS, most hotels now have Level 2 charging stations and if not you can plug in at your hotel with your granny charger, it's not difficult.

Granny charger? Good grief, what a PITA & wait. No thanks, I’ll continue to load up on petroleum and go and enjoy without a concern. Enjoy your pet ev’s. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, novacova said:

There are no charging stations between Famg and Ban Therd Thai, none, I was looking.

So? It’s less than 150 kms. Charge at your destination if you need to. For most modern EVs, you can easily get a range of over 350 kms. Charge while sleeping. More convenient than pulling into a petrol station (not to mention a lot cheaper). 

• Agree 1

On 12/31/2023 at 5:14 PM, JensenZ said:

Good talking point... how much would replacement batteries cost for the average EV?

A recent post on YouTube from Canada I believe had someone paying a tad over $60,000 for battery replacement.  

34 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

So? It’s less than 150 kms. Charge at your destination if you need to. For most modern EVs, you can easily get a range of over 350 kms. Charge while sleeping. More convenient than pulling into a petrol station (not to mention a lot cheaper). 

Until you end up staying in an area where there no charging stations within a week or so, then you’ll have to whip out your little granny cord and go at it 😃

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

Stay with it DUNROAMIN,  even though petrol stations will inevitably have less bowsers and more E.V. chargers meaning all the more for the E.V. owners who might need it, (not me) and all the less for the likes of you.

Again: please stay with it DUNROAMIN. :jap:

My life on this planet is short lived, I dont think EVs will cause me a problem, long live the ICE.

32 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

My life on this planet is short lived, I dont think EVs will cause me a problem, long live the ICE.

Some people say that smoking shortens your life. Park your nose next to a diesel exhaust, I’ll bet your life will be significantly shortened.

• Like 1

unfortunately, i had to deal with a narcissist in the past who controlled a relative of mine.

it took a considerable amount of time and effort to "rescue" my female relative from that person.

what i've learned is that having a reasonable conversation with a narcissist is nearly impossible...

some of the anti-ev (and some anti-china) forum members remind me of this narcissist:

"engaging in arguments with narcissists can be challenging due to their manipulation and deflection

of blame, etc. typically, the narcissist doesn't consider the other person's point of view ..."

the positive aspect is that after a while, some of these forum members have disappeared for good...

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

unfortunately, i had to deal with a narcissist in the past who controlled a relative of mine.

it took a considerable amount of time and effort to "rescue" my female relative from that person.

what i've learned is that having a reasonable conversation with a narcissist is nearly impossible...

some of the anti-ev (and some anti-china) forum members remind me of this narcissist:

"engaging in arguments with narcissists can be challenging due to their manipulation and deflection

of blame, etc. typically, the narcissist doesn't consider the other person's point of view ..."

the positive aspect is that after a while, some of these forum members have disappeared for good...

I know this is off topic but it’s the absolute conviction of some of these posters that the only narrative they know is the right one and they are absolutely unwilling to hear the alternative (and sometimes the right) narrative.

This is a good example of what I mean. Kishore is well known in diplomatic circles. Google him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I didn’t realise that ICEVs don’t catch fire. Thanks for nugget of information.

Only about 1,000 times more frequently than EV's (per million cars). It's not anything an objective mind would notice.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Some people say that smoking shortens your life. Park your nose next to a diesel exhaust, I’ll bet your life will be significantly shortened.

I read that London estimates about 10,000 deaths p.a from diesel smoke.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I read that London estimates about 10,000 deaths p.a from diesel smoke.

Shocking if true. And the diesel there is much cleaner too. I don’t think I have ever seen a diesel car/truck in the UK spewing out the black fumes like you do here.

6 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Shocking if true. And the diesel there is much cleaner too. I don’t think I have ever seen a diesel car/truck in the UK spewing out the black fumes like you do here.

If here is Thailand, they are pretty good. Try Philippines, it's shocking. The soot you can see is probably the least harmful part.

Edited by ozimoron

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Rolling along at 90kh/m with cruise control on.

What an amazingly mundane existence.

How I and millions of other road users stay alive, year after year. I do sometimes get on my litre bike and cover a couple of hundred kms in one and a half hours or so to inject some stimulus into my otherwise mundane existence. 

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Another one who is brain washed by the rambling orange buffoon me thinks.

Who'd have thought that Trump Derangement Syndrome would go hand in hand with EV Derangement Syndrome?

Biden is doing such a great job I can't wait until the VP takes over.  Next they'll want to get someone like Bubba from Forrest Gump to run the USA.  Forrest himself would be far to smart for Democrats to relate to.  LOL

5 hours ago, novacova said:

EV’s are a heap of rubble without electricity, need to pack a generator and fuel out in the boondocks. Fuel is readily available everywhere. 

Dont be so short sighted.  The day is coming when I.C.E. cars will also be likewise because fuel will be really short from  barricades of certain fuel ships supplying certain nations by you know who.

But then food shortages will be catastrophic too.